There are 239 users in the forums

10,000 Days Since Last Title

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Today marks 10,000 days since our last title. A not so fun fact or milestone. As someone who has been a fan since 1981 I have the perspective of what it was like in the 80's and early 90's when we won 5 and then what the last 28 years have been like with ups and downs but no titles.

The last 28 years makes the 14 before even sweeter and I feel for younger fans that don't know what it feels like to watch our niners win it all.

That being said, I feel that things are shifting and we are entering a new era that will bring multiple championships in the next 10 years.

10,000 days - what a milestone. Tomorrow is day 1 towards leaving that era behind us. GO NINERS!!
[ Edited by WashDCNinerFan on Jun 17, 2022 at 6:51 AM ]
Now do the Detroit Lions version of this..
Feels like 10,000 days since the NFCCG to be honest

Come back football. Come back.
Awesome post. Me too...since '81. That era shaped my standards to which I still hold today. I haven't felt we've been there yet...close...super competitive...but not quite there.

We still need that Steve Young, Deion Sanders, Ray Brown, Larry Allen, Donte Whitner, Chris Doleman, Ken Norton Jr., Ricky Jackson, etc. acquisition to push us over the top.

I can't believe it's been so long!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 17, 2022 at 12:48 PM ]
I've technically been alive for three of the championships, I only remember '94 season. I feel cautiously optimistic that Trey will be able to win at least one given his situation and the rookie wage scale.
Its taught me that none of this stuff is guaranteed. I thought the Dynasty would go on forever and that we'd never lose a Super Bowl. It's like going from the 1% to the poorest then upper middle class..better than most but hard to crack into that top 1% again. Makes me appreciate the glory years more and I have a greater understanding of how difficult what the 49ers accomplished is. It also will make things that much more sweeter when we finally do win.

It's similar to fans who endured 1946 to 1980 before we began to win.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I've technically been alive for three of the championships, I only remember '94 season. I feel cautiously optimistic that Trey will be able to win at least one given his situation and the rookie wage scale.

Pretty much the same.. I remember 1994 a bit but I was barely 10 years old so I don't remember it completely. All my other sports teams absolutely suck so I have never really had a chance to have one of my teams win a championship and enjoy it.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 17, 2022 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Pretty much the same.. I remember 1994 a bit but I was barely 10 years old so I don't remember it completely. All my other sports teams absolutely suck so I have never really had a chance to have one of my teams win a championship and enjoy it.

Who are your other teams let me guess... A's and Kings..
I bet $50.00 a few weeks ago in Vegas on them to win it all..
Originally posted by golfish:
I bet $50.00 a few weeks ago in Vegas on them to win it all..

• thl408
This thread should be updated daily.
Originally posted by thl408:

As far as California teams go,only the Chargers, Clippers,A's & Kings (all teams the masses make fun of) have yet to win one since the 49ers last title….Yikes, and this is suppose to be one of the elite franchises in sports.

not hard to understand the frustration from the fanbase, especially with how close the Niners have gotten in the last 10 or so years
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jun 17, 2022 at 2:12 PM ]
Yea it's been way too long. All I can remember now is SB loses. Praise the lord for the Nationals championship
Originally posted by thl408:

LOL - That would be painful
Share 49ersWebzone