LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

At what salary would you be OK keeping Jimmy for 2022?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Pretry sure Montana had deberg behind him, and Brady had Bledsoe behind him when they were young also.

Jimmy fans constantly rewriting history. LOL

Ok.

Brady was behind Bledsoe. Bledsoe got hurt. Brady took over. Brady got hurt Bledsoe won afc championship game. Brady still keeps his job. Brady wins superbowl. Brady earned his job.

Montana unseats deberg, wins the superbowl the following year. Montana earned his job.

Lance couldn't unseat a gimpy Jimmy. People afraid Jimmy being here would hurt treys feelings next year, don't want him to earn his job.

Is that accurate enough for you?
unseat jimmy ?... still rewritting huh lol

Pretty sure, yes.

I want Lance to be pushed. I want to see how he responds. The great ones thrive on it.
what does that have to do with what you claimed?

Lance couldn't unseat a gimpy Jimmy.

Its a concern of mine. I know I pushed for Jimmy to start Last year, but in the back of my mind i was actually hoping this great talent would unseat jimmy amd take over. It didn't happen, and I was disappointed.

You also misinterpreted what happened. If it wasn't "beat the Rams to make the playoffs," but instead week 12, Trey would have taken over after the Texans game. If he didn't get hurt against the Cardinals, he might have started against the Colts, and snagged the job then. And if the team didn't beat the Rams, he'd have taken over then.

So it wasn't like there was some vast gulf between them. Jimmy just saved his job against the Rams and was fortunate that the timing was in his favor after the Texans game.
There is no amount of money I would accept to keep Jimmy G on this roster. Need to clear the way for Lance to take over the reins without any questions about who's the starter.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
There is no amount of money I would accept to keep Jimmy G on this roster. Need to clear the way for Lance to take over the reins without any questions about who's the starter.

This. The answer is none. We need to move on.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Fortunately for the front office, Jimmy won't be able to go when the team first meets. Trey will get all the first team reps in OTAs and minicamp, and that will allow them to assuage any last second doubts they might have—if any exist.

EDIT - or it will allow Trey to solve the locker room problem (if any exist) by proving to the team he's ready to replace Jimmy.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on May 17, 2022 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Fortunately for the front office, Jimmy won't be able to go when the team first meets. Trey will get all the first team reps in OTAs and minicamp, and that will allow them to assuage any last second doubts they might have—if any exist.

EDIT - or it will allow Trey to solve the locker room problem (if any exist) by proving to the team he's ready to replace Jimmy.

What If Lance has some Issues early on? Would that convince the 9ers F.O to play It safe and keep Jimmy around? 🤔
Originally posted by Sickaa:

What If Lance has some Issues early on? Would that convince the 9ers F.O to play It safe and keep Jimmy around? 🤔
hasn't been any issues so far. why worry about it now
Should get paid 1mill for every TD
minus 1mill for every INT

Would be fair

Now there's a fair compensation & incentive plan for every QB in the league.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
My thinking is if Jimmy G is still on the roster by the first game what does that say about Lance?

That every NFL team knows Jimmy G is not worth 25+ mil a year and they hope the 49ers cut him so they can pick him up for 1/2 that.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by SinceXVI:
There are 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

This thread is clearly the bargaining stage.

I assume that the Jimmy fans will get to the depression stage during OTAs and hopefully reach acceptance when he's finally off the team by training camp.

Unlikely he'll be gone unless we find a trade partner.
he gone.. trade partner or not

Only reason he isn't already gone is his injury guarantee.

I hope, but Lynch's words don't mirror this. Cutting Jimmy would amount to admitting they were wrong about his value and they played it wrong. I hope they can.
They said they would do jimmy a solid.. Jimmy said he wanted to go to a winner.

no one is wrong, no one wanted jimmy freshly coming off of surgery. Once he's cleared, he's gone

Well the only 2 names even mentioned as possible landing spots for JG is Carolina and the Seahawks, and neither one of those team's are going to be winners anytime soon. Carolina is closer than Seattle getting above.500 so if that's what JG meant "a winning team" 7,8,9 wins then mission obtainable.
Originally posted by NC49er:
There are 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

I assume that the Jimmy fans will get to the depression stage during OTAs and hopefully reach acceptance when he's finally off the team by training camp.

I hope, but Lynch's words don't mirror this. Cutting Jimmy would amount to admitting they were wrong about his value and they played it wrong. I hope they can.

no one is wrong, no one wanted jimmy freshly coming off of surgery. Once he's cleared, he's gone

Well the only 2 names even mentioned as possible landing spots for JG is Carolina and the Seahawks, and neither one of those team's are going to be winners anytime soon. Carolina is closer than Seattle getting above.500 so if that's what JG meant "a winning team" 7,8,9 wins then mission obtainable.

Are either of those rosters any better than 2017 niners that went on a 5-0 run with Jimmy?

I'm think Carolina is. And it's not like they are in a stacked division

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Are either of those rosters any better than 2017 niners that went on a 5-0 run with Jimmy?

And if Brees comes back then I really see them being interested in Jimmy.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Bree's is done. I don't see how he's improved from his last outing lol

IMO, panthers with Jimmy can compete in that division. They'll most likely just wait it out until we release him to sign him though.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Bree's is done. I don't see how he's improved from his last outing lol

IMO, panthers with Jimmy can compete in that division. They'll most likely just wait it out until we release him to sign him though.

Carolina could be playing that card. But waiting for a release opens the door for the Seahawks (who likely won't be calling us about trade value lol), the Giants, and maybe Philadelphia.

The 49ers have to know they don't have a lot of options. Carolina can buy a bit lower and ensure themselves of getting the prize.

I wouldn't. Let him fight through it, just like they did when Jimmy struggled.
Share 49ersWebzone