Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 691 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

QB Brock Purdy Thread

  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,568
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
MVP odds at DK

+280 J Allen
+300 Brock
+650 Mahomes and Lawrence

I got 5 on it.

I'll never understand the boner for josh allen

Dude is a phenomenal athlete for sure. But I'm with you. The whole Josh has to put the team on his back BS. He gets credit Because he rather run it in himself from 1 or 2 yards out instead of getting it to his all pro RB.

As we sit here today Brock has more rushing yards than Josh. You'd never know it though.

I am interested in seeing how JA's game ages.

I've always said in the past, "Give Brock Purdy Jerry Rice 2.0 and he'll be in a lot of Superbowls." Kyle listened to me and got Mike Evans. Credit to Kyle for listening to me.

I like Evans but unfortunately he's nearing the end of his career. Too bad we couldn't have gotten him about 5 years ago around when we got CMC.

Well your never going to get prime hall of fame level talent drafting in the high twenties or low thirtys in the draft. Best you can do (unless you trade up a la the Trey Lance draft scenario) is to wait for their first contracts to end and get them on their second contract. The price you pay is that you take a hit on your salary cap for it.

How they got Mike Evans is a bit similar to how they got Trent and CMC - in a sense. Although i know Mike is taking a severe pay cut to play for us.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Not necessarily saying it was the wrong route. I'm saying it was terrible execution on Cowing's part, whatever the route was supposed to be.

He literally did a 360 (or more like a 270) at the top of the route. Brock could have believed he was going to break outside with the nature of that spin.

I haven't looked at any film of the game, and probably won't, but I'm putting that play on him until shown otherwise.




Circling back to this. JTO included this play in his Purdy video this week. Play begins at 2:55.

Watkins is a better player than Cowing.
  • Sickaa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,828
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Not necessarily saying it was the wrong route. I'm saying it was terrible execution on Cowing's part, whatever the route was supposed to be.

He literally did a 360 (or more like a 270) at the top of the route. Brock could have believed he was going to break outside with the nature of that spin.

I haven't looked at any film of the game, and probably won't, but I'm putting that play on him until shown otherwise.




Circling back to this. JTO included this play in his Purdy video this week. Play begins at 2:55.

Watkins is a better player than Cowing.

Watkins also had a nice block on Kittles game sealing TD.. super impressive
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone