49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 701 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Originally posted by elguapo:
El guapo is sorry DJ and Faithful, I really don't like arguments that do not provide context but that's life. I guess I am being sensitive about defending Purdy, I'm just glad he is finally getting the respect he deserves from most fans, media and players

I've done that too, being sensitive about Purdy but there was a point where I realized that there will be those who will probably criticize until he wins an SB and there are some who just like to criticize in general-even if it doesn't make sense. They just wanna talk and that's fine, they are wrong though lol. They can keep talking, Brock will keep winning and performing at high levels

Plus, it might be good to have Brock play with a little chip on his shoulder. The Brock whiners come out so fast when he makes a mistake, then shut up for the most part when he performs well, hesitating to give him props. In short, h8ers gunna hate lol.

I have seen so many dumb comments, "Purdy sucks, weak arm, Mac is better, Sam is better, just like Jimmy G".. I remember someone on here crying for Minshew instead of Purdy of all things LOL. I mean, Minshew? It's just kinda hilarious
Originally posted by dj43:
The only people saying that are people that don't really watch much ball. Purdy has been playing like this since that first game against the Dolphins when he came in for JG and just balled. I still have that game recorded and listen to the announcers marvel at how well he did, not just a a rookie but as a veteran quarterback.

I watched the interview with Greg Cosell yesterday. He was asked about how he sees Purdy's development. Cosell flat out said Purdy has been processing this same way since that Miami game. He went on to say that what Purdy is doing is not something you can teach. Either a guy has it or he doesn't. Brock Purdy is the epitome of NFL QB play.


^^This.

I question if people criticizing Purdy have ever paid attention to anything. I knew Purdy was special from the very first game, and had ZERO doubt by the time playoffs were going on. The Dolphins threw the kitchen sink at Purdy, blitzed him from every angle and brought pressure and he had his way with them. And these weren't lucky throws, he did effortlessly

Did nobody watch Jameis Winston on MNF? This is supposed to be a seasoned vet, and he folded like a lawn chair, couldn't read a D to save his life and was flat out guessing on most of his throws.

The great ones don't just do it, they make it looky easy. Shanahan is one of the greatest offensive minds the NFL has seen, but the QB still has to read the coverages, process what he sees pre-snap, go through his progressions, deliver the ball accurately and have the propensity to keep plays alive after they break down.

The FACT of the matter is, ever since his rookie year, Brock Purdy has been AT LEAST Top 5 - in a lot of stats/metrics, #1- in basically every stat and metric evaluating a QB.
Originally posted by SB49er4life:
^^This.

I question if people criticizing Purdy have ever paid attention to anything. I knew Purdy was special from the very first game, and had ZERO doubt by the time playoffs were going on. The Dolphins threw the kitchen sink at Purdy, blitzed him from every angle and brought pressure and he had his way with them. And these weren't lucky throws, he did effortlessly

Did nobody watch Jameis Winston on MNF? This is supposed to be a seasoned vet, and he folded like a lawn chair, couldn't read a D to save his life and was flat out guessing on most of his throws.

The great ones don't just do it, they make it looky easy. Shanahan is one of the greatest offensive minds the NFL has seen, but the QB still has to read the coverages, process what he sees pre-snap, go through his progressions, deliver the ball accurately and have the propensity to keep plays alive after they break down.

The FACT of the matter is, ever since his rookie year, Brock Purdy has been AT LEAST Top 5 - in a lot of stats/metrics, #1- in basically every stat and metric evaluating a QB.

I think lots of Niner fans will always remember that Miami game, we were shook when Jimmy broke his ankle, Lance was out and then Brock comes in like a seasoned captain, steering the ship and calming all of our nerves. Not only that, but there was a bit of excitement building as a result.

It went from f**k, our season is over, then this calming, commanding presence Brock had, took over the game. The only other time I have felt that type of steady, strong calm is when I watched Joe Montana. Same thing, when Joe came on the field, everything instantly changed. It's one of the reasons why watching Joe was so amazing. Literally, the moment his feet touched the field, you could feel it. It's what made me fall in love with football. Watching the magic happen. It's super special when it does happen, cause it's rare.

Just gotta get this guy a trophy
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 24, 2026 at 3:44 PM ]

Play like this rest of season pretty please.
Originally posted by Montana:
I think lots of Niner fans will always remember that Miami game, we were shook when Jimmy broke his ankle, Lance was out and then Brock comes in like a seasoned captain, steering the ship and calming all of our nerves. Not only that, but there was a bit of excitement building as a result.

It went from f**k, our season is over, then this calming, commanding presence Brock had, took over the game. The only other time I have felt that type of steady, strong calm is when I watched Joe Montana. Same thing, when Joe came on the field, everything instantly changed. It's one of the reasons why watching Joe was so amazing. Literally, the moment his feet touched the field, you could feel it. It's what made me fall in love with football. Watching the magic happen. It's super special when it does happen, cause it's rare.

Just gotta get this guy a trophy

One of the weirdest seasons at the position. Had two different QB injuries that actually improved the team, only to ultimately have the season derailed by a 3rd major injury.

Went into the season with the QB depth chart upside down.
As soon as I saw him play in the pros, I knew we found a good QB. He is so much better in the pros than he was in college, it's amazing. It reminds me of how Montana improved once he became a pro. In college Montana just had the clutchness, once he got pro level coaching he became a QB legend.
In this years racial draft, Mexico Drafts Brock Purdy


It's crazy how Brock can still get an accurate throw off here with the free rusher coming right at him. It's something we saw from him in the very first game against Miami, but it's always impressive.

No idea what Juice is doing. You don't see two guys on top of each other like that very often.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 24, 2026 at 9:03 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,538
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
As soon as I saw him play in the pros, I knew we found a good QB. He is so much better in the pros than he was in college, it's amazing. It reminds me of how Montana improved once he became a pro. In college Montana just had the clutchness, once he got pro level coaching he became a QB legend.

Agree 💯 % and you never know how a rookie will transition into the NFL. The money is a big dis-incentive to work hard on your NFL craft, in my opinion. Imagine your boss recruiting you at graduation saying im going to give you a million bucks just to see if you can cut it being my employee. If you don't make it, no big deal, keep the money. Now you can basically retire at age 22. Tough to go to work day in and day out in that kind of a situation where you no longer have to.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

It's crazy how Brock can still get an accurate throw off here with the free rusher coming right at him. It's something we saw from him in the very first game against Miami, but it's always impressive.

No idea what Juice is doing. You don't see two guys on top of each other like that very often.

Makes me a little nervous seeing a guy coming right to his throwing arm, for whatever reason

He is so good.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,538
Originally posted by Montana:
Makes me a little nervous seeing a guy coming right to his throwing arm, for whatever reason

He is so good.

Same here also. I dont like our franchise QB getting hit at anytime. Best friend to a QB is the RB -- and his ability to hand off to the RB in those kinds of overload blitz situations, so the QB doesn't get hit and the offense doesn't lose too much yardage.

Here Purdy gets blasted while hitting the open man. The only way to defeat these plays is to anticipate it, which is hard to do if the blitz is disguised well.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
In this years racial draft, Mexico Drafts Brock Purdy


Brock Ricardo Purdy
been waiting for an elite qb since the alex smith days, glad we finally got one
Did anyone else hear his Thursday presser, holy crap that was so irritating to listen to how many frickin beatwriters need to ask him about the same damn play like 20 different ways and that's all they did like the whole interview. It's as if even the local media hacks covering the team act like they still can't believe how good Brock Purdy actually is. Yeah clowns he really is as good as it appears.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
As soon as I saw him play in the pros, I knew we found a good QB. He is so much better in the pros than he was in college, it's amazing. It reminds me of how Montana improved once he became a pro. In college Montana just had the clutchness, once he got pro level coaching he became a QB legend.

Walsh and Kyle Shanahan certainly helped to guide these guys down the right path. Seems to be perfect marriages
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone