There are 83 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,905
Nice pick. It´s the 7th round, you´ re not gonna find all timers. At least this guy has something. He´s a fun player. Has some mobility which is good for this offense. Maybe he can make the team who knows.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Nice pick. It´s the 7th round, you´ re not gonna find all timers. At least this guy has something. He´s a fun player. Has some mobility which is good for this offense. Maybe he can make the team who knows.

In 20 years we will have an NFL special on all the QBs drafted before Purdy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
i had relations for several years with a huge iowa state fan who gave me a bunch of shirt so i had to be a sort of fake fan.. but I saw lots of games including his first game. he has played alot of football which is good. he has had the fortune of having two great running backs. some good wide outs and kolar at tight end in his career.... he makes some bad bad mistakes like jimmy. but unlike jimmy he is mobile and can do great damage with his legs.... i would like to think once we get jimmy the hell out of here. this kid who is very smart can be our third or maybe second string guy. his energy.. passion. being unafraid to take the defense on and mobility attracted kyle. we sure could have done much much worse than drafting brock at number 7.. his fumbles and picks will make you guys nuts but you will enjoy seeing him in pre season. i am not ready to take him to nate davis status but i think he could be a decent back up for us
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by kray28:
This guy sounds like a poor man's version of Jimmy G.

Thinking the same thing lol

exactly what he is only with great mobility
Maybe he will be Lance's backup for a few years. Cant be worse than Suds.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i had relations for several years with a huge iowa state fan who gave me a bunch of shirt so i had to be a sort of fake fan.. but I saw lots of games including his first game. he has played alot of football which is good. he has had the fortune of having two great running backs. some good wide outs and kolar at tight end in his career.... he makes some bad bad mistakes like jimmy. but unlike jimmy he is mobile and can do great damage with his legs.... i would like to think once we get jimmy the hell out of here. this kid who is very smart can be our third or maybe second string guy. his energy.. passion. being unafraid to take the defense on and mobility attracted kyle. we sure could have done much much worse than drafting brock at number 7.. his fumbles and picks will make you guys nuts but you will enjoy seeing him in pre season. i am not ready to take him to nate davis status but i think he could be a decent back up for us

Here's hoping he's not another JTO
  • Andra
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,921
Dude is going to brush off would be tackles and and paint the field
Did anyone notice that Kyle's remarks about Ferdie are the exact opposite of the thinking behind Trey's selection? It's like he rolled up all the criticism for taking a guy that will need three years of bring up and said here, mr york. I've learned.
Purdy >>> JG >>> Sudafed
Originally posted by kray28:
This guy sounds like a poor man's version of Jimmy G.

Poor kid only gets two slices of bread, cheap baloney and no condiments or cheese

I can't wait for him to out perform Jimmy in training camp, lowering Jimmy's trade value even more.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,683
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I can't wait for him to out perform Jimmy in training camp, lowering Jimmy's trade value even more.

It would be cool if we can get 2 second round picks for Purdy in three years

Seriously though, if Kyle can get his QB factory up and running (he already has a RB factory - Example Brieda) that's big draft capital he can convert these day three picks to. They had three day 3 compensatory picks this past draft and I don't know how they got them, but I suspect a part of it was ShanaLynch's ability to develop players like Laken (who was a 5th round trade) and get compensation for him. This Purdy, guy, if they can trade him for a 5th rounder in a couple of years - that's a grand slam in my book.
I could be wrong but once upon a time I think he was looked at as a 1st rd prospect? I think after his sophomore yr?
QB1
When life shuts a door a window opens. We lose one purdy QB.. we get another...

Share 49ersWebzone