LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 111 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What was your grade? Are we doing A-F? 0-10? Montana to Carmazzi scale?

B-

Seems about right, IMO.

I'd say on a scale of Carmazzi to Montana he was Elvis Grbac
Originally posted by tankle104:
Damn, I really enjoy and believe in 49ers football with dirty Purdy at the helm. Can't believe we got him where we did. Lol

i look forward to his growth continuing, little by little - by the end of the season we should be an EVEN more fine tuned machine.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Sorry, no turnovers doesn't mean a QB automatically gets at least an A-. Giving today's game an A- leaves very little room to go up grade wise. Pretty much every game he has played has been better than this. So every game Brock has played in his career is either an A or an A+?

Sorry can't agree at all. I stand by my grade.

The most exciting thing about this is we showed we can win when Brock isn't his best. That's huge.

I gave him a B- and you asked what kind of scale I was using? You are trying too hard bud.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Sorry, no turnovers doesn't mean a QB automatically gets at least an A-. Giving today's game an A- leaves very little room to go up grade wise. Pretty much every game he has played has been better than this. So every game Brock has played in his career is either an A or an A+?

The most exciting thing about this is we showed we can win when Brock isn't his best. That's huge.

I gave him a B- and you asked what kind of scale I was using? You are trying too hard bud.

I think a B- is fair. Just means he's set the bar pretty damn high. We'd have taken this game from Jimmy every week lol.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Brock sturdy. Look at those legs.

Quadzilla

Bird legs
Originally posted by Furlow:
I think a B- is fair. Just means he's set the bar pretty damn high. We'd have taken this game from Jimmy every week lol.

That's what it seemed like to me. A Jimmy G style win without the bonehead play(s).

That's what it seemed like to me. A Jimmy G style win without the bonehead play(s).
yup, not INTs, no forced throws, no throws into double coverage, no drop INTs, avg score of 30 .. yeah in no way was this a jimmy game
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Giedi:
When he called a time out, after a Shakey catch by Deebo (in the replay it looked like he fumbled the catch) was ballsy. I thought Rams would challenge that Deebo catch. But they didn't!

I couldn't believe that. It still looks like that should of been a turnover. Even the announcer was like "why would you do that!?" Lol

Alls well and it ended well.

Still, I'm amazed Brock is allowed to call timeouts! I remember Kyle yelling at Saleh when he called a time out. If anything, that tells me Kyle trusts Brock the way Kyle didn't even trust Saleh.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yup, not INTs, no forced throws, no throws into double coverage, no drop INTs, avg score of 30 .. yeah in no way was this a jimmy game

Agree, and also no Hospital Balls! I hated those Jimmy throws that got Kittle and co. concussions...

I meant it in the sense that he was more of a pure 'game manager' in terms of impact. Call it an Alex Smith style win, lol.

I meant it in the sense that he was more of a pure 'game manager' in terms of impact. Call it an Alex Smith style win, lol.
yup, not INTs, no forced throws, no throws into double coverage, no drop INTs, avg score of 30 .. yeah in no way was this a Alex game
yup, not INTs, no forced throws, no throws into double coverage, no drop INTs, avg score of 30 .. yeah in no way was this a Alex game

Lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Why I said we'd have taken this from Jimmy every week. It was a clean game, just not spectacular. Which is what we've come to expect. Means he's the ONE.

It was a BP game, but he was off, no denying it, he had just a monster day on the table to be had, missed a handful, wasn't on the 'arm strength or arm talent' just plain inaccurate, that's the first I have seen it from Brock, but no one is perfect

There was a lot I liked about how Purdy played today. Will have to see what was missed on the a22, but we can win a lot of games with him playing like that. And we all know he is capable of playing much better. No issues with his play for me. We won. He played well enough.
Share 49ersWebzone