LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If he was a vet, then I would consider it a bad game. Cant really expect much more for a rookie going against really good pass rushers.
lol how many times has he guarded nobody while a pass rusher blew right by him? He's not ready.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
He's learning. I'm still optimistic about him. Between Donald and Jones, those will be his toughest matchups.

Agreed. The mistakes I saw against the rams were all mental.

It's all a learning experience. Put Brunskill in, show him the mistakes, put him back out there. That's how you grow.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol how many times has he guarded nobody while a pass rusher blew right by him? He's not ready.

Yea that play was really odd b/c Donald is lined up right in front of him and yet he immediately jumps to the inside to help Brendal. Almost like he didn't know the play or something.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Overkill:

He'll be fine. Mental mistakes are easier to correct than ability mistakes. Also, when in doubt, block Aaron Donald.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
He's learning. I'm still optimistic about him. Between Donald and Jones, those will be his toughest matchups.

Agreed. The mistakes I saw against the rams were all mental.

It's all a learning experience. Put Brunskill in, show him the mistakes, put him back out there. That's how you grow.

It is a good sign that they put him back out there. Benching him could really kill his confidence.
Originally posted by thl408:

He'll be fine. Mental mistakes are easier to correct than ability mistakes. Also, when in doubt, block Aaron Donald.

Great point.

We need you in our oline.

Absolutely. Sucks for him that he made an obvious mistake on MNF against Aaron Donald, but I would be more concerned if AD just put him on skates every play.

This kid is showing up! I like it. Our OL looks solid except one guy. His name rhymes with Mitchell
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
This kid is showing up! I like it. Our OL looks solid except one guy. His name rhymes with Mitchell

You got me. Who is it?
Originally posted by Alfienator:

You got me. Who is it?

Yea he's got me too…..

mitchell doesn't rhyme with mcglinchey.
not enough syllables…
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

You got me. Who is it?

Yea he's got me too…..

mitchell doesn't rhyme with mcglinchey.
not enough syllables…

I can't think of any names that rhyme with Mitchell, Niners or not.
Playing better and better as the season has progressed.
Share 49ersWebzone