LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 125 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Like what Burford is doing out there already!

It's so insane how many gems they find in mid rounds
Kid looks legit so far
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Also besides Bosa who was the last rookie we drafted that was this pro ready?
Originally posted by JMC52:

Mitchell

MB said on a podcast recently that Peters takes a vote of everyone and who they want as their top priority prior to Day 3. He said Hufunga won out with the most votes and also had the gold star.

Cool insight.

So John gets his first (defensive) pick, then Kyle probably gets the next two (offensive) and then Peters and the scouts take over.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 22, 2022 at 2:49 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

I thought Tartt was NFL ready.. he and Sorry Ward aren't ball hawks, but had Tartt been in scheme similar to Blitzburgh and Ravens', I fully believe he'll be TOP 5.
Originally posted by captveg:

Mitchell

I would say either Julian Peterson, or Ahmed Plummer. Both those guys stepped in Right away and were difference makers.

Also, Buckner was a legit force his rookie year.
Originally posted by NCommand:

MB said on a podcast recently that Peters takes a vote of everyone and who they want as their top priority prior to Day 3. He said Hufunga won out with the most votes and also had the gold star.

Cool incite.

So John gets his first (defensive) pick, then Kyle probably gets the next two (offensive) and then Peters and the scouts take over.

Interesting, I'm sure John & Kyle have final say on day 3, but I love that they have Peters there to help, he should be GM soon, then promote Lynch to Team President with a huge pay raise, but still have a say in football operations.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Cool incite.

Interesting, I'm sure John & Kyle have final say on day 3, but I love that they have Peters there to help, he should be GM soon, then promote Lynch to Team President with a huge pay raise, but still have a say in football operations.

I would imagine a network might come calling for Lynch in the scenario that he's no longer the GM and moves to a less hands on position.
  • 91til
  • Veteran

Cool incite.

You mean insight.

incite is what Cohn and certain posters here do all the time 😛

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I would say either Julian Peterson, or Ahmed Plummer. Both those guys stepped in Right away and were difference makers.

Also, Buckner was a legit force his rookie year.

Willis
Staley
Iupati
AD
Originally posted by 91til:

Cool incite.

You mean insight.

incite is what Cohn and certain posters here do all the time 😛

You beat me. I just reread it and edited.

Cool insight.

Agreed. They could veto but I would imagine by that time, Peters gets a lot of play. And rightfully so with that track record there.

That would be ideal!
Originally posted by lamontb:

Cool incite.

I would imagine a network might come calling for Lynch in the scenario that he's no longer the GM and moves to a less hands on position.

It is hard for me to believe that john gets very far afield from being part of the cabal that helps choose the team's players. He is good at it, he has been very successful, he knows football (and earned his SB ring the hard way…he earned it), he's a very affable guy, well spoken, and knows every player in the NFL, knows every HC, OC, and DC…plus all the owners (some of that goes back to his days in the booth).

No question we need to keep Peters, an essential part of the triad, but maybe making John "president of operations", or whatever title one wants to give him, but he needs to be part of the talent picking team. Also he is a good guy and people, esp players , all like him. He's fair, and has been a huge part of our "coming back from the dead". Most of the yrs from 2000 on until he and kyle got here were pretty darn slim…and painful…yes, we had a good yr or so, but now, it is just a matter of our guys staying healthy. We are close. Close enough to win it all if all stay healthy. Losing Trey was a huge loss, but re-signing Jimmy was a stroke of brilliance, albeit at a greatly reduced $$$.

I just hope our Mr irrelavlent stays healthy because we have to have a really good one at QB…with Trey and Jimmy we were really set up well… now, well, we'll see. John helped broker the deal that kept JG here. He's having a great time at GM…i don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 22, 2022 at 3:52 PM ]

Yup - Kittle, DJ Jones, Greenlaw, Juaun Jennings, Elijah Mitchell, Hufanga.

This years mid round gems trending up - Burford and Womack
Share 49ersWebzone