There are 204 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gotta love the webzone. We predicting double digit sacks based off the fact that he's in shape. Just give me 8 and I'll be pleased
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta love the webzone. We predicting double digit sacks based off the fact that he's in shape. Just give me 8 and I'll be pleased

the number I will be watching is snaps

315 last season on D; 33%
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on May 24, 2023 at 12:18 PM ]

I was going to say, "I think 8 sacks would be a big season for Drake." It's good to hear that he's putting in the weight room work this offseason. I look forward to seeing him apply that strength on the field because that's always been one of the concerns with him. That said, we should keep in mind that strength wasn't Drake's only shortcomings last year. He's got a long ways to go as pass rusher with his handwork and pass-rush plan. I'd like to see Drake hone in on his go-to move this year and build his secondary and counters off of that. He seemed to be throwing s**t at the wall and hoping it stuck last season.

Let's not forget that Drake is only 22 years old. I think his breakout season will be in 2024 after he's had multiple offseasons of refining his pass rush skill and building his body.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 24, 2023 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Two questions:
1. How quickly will he be drug tested, and
2. How many games will he miss because of it?

He's a USC guy he knows how to get the good s**t that doesn't show.

TOLD you all .. D-Jack looked out of shape last year .. even during his draft party, he looked out of shape.. and that's prolly why he was not used often .. This year, his body is more in football shape and with the right state of mind, he can lead easily have 14 sacks.

I think you mean D-Jacked

Drake B. Jack(ed)son 💪
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

I was going to say, "I think 8 sacks would be a big season for Drake." It's good to hear that he's putting in the weight room work this offseason. I look forward to seeing him apply that strength on the field because that's always been one of the concerns with him. That said, we should keep in mind that strength wasn't Drake's only shortcomings last year. He's got a long ways to go as pass rusher with his handwork and pass-rush plan. I'd like to see Drake hone in on his go-to move this year and build his secondary and counters off of that. He seemed to be throwing s**t at the wall and hoping it stuck last season.

Let's not forget that Drake is only 22 years old. I think his breakout season will be in 2024 after he's had multiple offseasons of refining his pass rush skill and building his body.

I have a feeling that he's going to LEAD the league in sacks for sure and may end up being the DPOY if can stay healthy..
As solid as Ekubam was he never got more than 5 sacks on this DL. Drake can easily get that imo. Even if he gets 5-6 sacks and isn't quite good vs the run we should have little to No drop off. Not to mention he is better than ANY of our DL at batting down passes which is extremely valuable
Originally posted by 9moon:

I have a feeling that he's going to LEAD the league in sacks for sure and may end up being the DPOY if can stay healthy..

Why so conservative? I think he's going to break the all-time sack record by week 3.
  • thl408

I think that's very realistic to expect his breakout in 2024. He's a young buck and has a lot to learn. We all want that huge jump in his second year but realistically I'm just looking for gradual improvement from him between week 1 and week 18.

The guy is playing on an incredible d line with at least 2 all pros and a pro bowler. He will have 1-1 all season on RTs. He was a second round pick and has an all pro safety behind him, pro bowl corner, all pro/pro bowl line backers, and great coaching.

He has the best pass rushing job in the league and you have the bar low for him? This isn't a charity man. We NEED him to have a break out season for this defense to reach its potential. Lol he doesn't have any excuse, at all.

idk why people on here love to make excuses. He isn't a rookie anymore. He's a second year player with some experience and in an exceptional situation. It isn't necessarily the sack numbers that I care about, it's his overall production.

he should have a lot of pressures, PBU (he had like 8 last year and an INT), and hopefully he gets 6-10 sacks.

I'm not into babying guys. He'll most likely never be in as such a good situation again in his life as a player
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 24, 2023 at 1:31 PM ]
Hey he was told to change his body and even Grant Cohn was in awe of how much he changed it. First step ✅

My issue with Drake when watching him during the draft process was his hands.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hey he was told to change his body and even Grant Cohn was in awe of how much he changed it. First step ✅

That's all we can ask for and it's the best we can get right now. If they put the work in and do what's asked of them to improve, I think that's awesome.

he did the right thing and now he just needs to work on his craft.

it's like lance and the concern he may regress mechanically when live games happen. Maybe, but for now, I'm just really happy he's grinding and improving. It's all we can ask and hope for. They put their best foot forward and let the dominos fall where they do
He does not need to get a single sack....

He just needs to make QBs feel him. He is the trigger guy, most QBs will be looking at him most passing downs.

This reminds me of Chris Doleman and Roy Barker flipping sides in training camp.

Doleman flipped to LDE instead of rushing the blindside of the passer and was even more disruptive right in the face of the QB. Barker had a ton of clean up sacks.

Jackson is going to be fine, he just needs to win enough to keep the QB spending some amount of attention on where he is. If the QB is setting his internal clock based on Jackson the rest of that insane D-Line can get to the QB.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
He does not need to get a single sack....

He just needs to make QBs feel him. He is the trigger guy, most QBs will be looking at him most passing downs.

This reminds me of Chris Doleman and Roy Barker flipping sides in training camp.

Doleman flipped to LDE instead of rushing the blindside of the passer and was even more disruptive right in the face of the QB. Barker had a ton of clean up sacks.

Jackson is going to be fine, he just needs to win enough to keep the QB spending some amount of attention on where he is. If the QB is setting his internal clock based on Jackson the rest of that insane D-Line can get to the QB.

If he can turn out like Chris Doleman, he'll be the steal of that draft.

8 is awfully close to 10 dude LOL
Share 49ersWebzone