There are 228 users in the forums

Anthony Lynn, offensive coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Adding Lynn to Shanahan's coaching staff is a real coup. He'll basically replace McDaniel but his HC experience and offensive mindset is something I'm sure Coach is pretty stoked about. I think the Chargers were dumb to fire him...I'm not impressed with Staley...he blew a couple of games because of his "we're goin' for it" mentality costing his team valuable points. Lynn's smart, tough, & savvy...all things uber valuable to the Niners. I think this was a great hire.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lynn will help out Shanny with all the timeouts.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 7, 2022 at 2:27 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Lynn will help out Shanny with all those timeouts.

Future pair of third round picks after demeco ryans
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Lynn will help out Shanny with all those timeouts.

Future pair of third round picks after demeco ryans

If it happens - thanks for the picks.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
https://news.yahoo.com/fire-minority-coaches-today-49ers-192200350.html

did you guys see this ? Lol I guess firing someone is now considered being racist.

Fire not, asking for 60% cut only to u, maybe.
Originally posted by nomejodaspaco:

English please
  • Silky
  • Veteran
In light of the Brian Flores allegations, I also thought Lynn should not have been fired last year from the Chargers. I thought that was way too soon especially after he had Herbert shining his rookie year. Staley got to reap the rewards of that one. It does seem like black coaches are on tighter leashes than white coaches.
Originally posted by Silky:
In light of the Brian Flores allegations, I also thought Lynn should not have been fired last year from the Chargers. I thought that was way too soon especially after he had Herbert shining his rookie year. Staley got to reap the rewards of that one. It does seem like black coaches are on tighter leashes than white coaches.

Lynn was fired because he showed terrible game management ability. Its not like that Chargers team lacks talent. On the other hand, Staley didn't show any better judgment really and also ended up missing the playoffs. Both made a lot of questionable decisions so its difficult to say that the Chargers improved any.

Example A of some awful game management:

As long as Lynn isn't advising Shanahan on any game management situations, he'll be very good to have here.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Adding Lynn to Shanahan's coaching staff is a real coup. He'll basically replace McDaniel but his HC experience and offensive mindset is something I'm sure Coach is pretty stoked about. I think the Chargers were dumb to fire him...I'm not impressed with Staley...he blew a couple of games because of his "we're goin' for it" mentality costing his team valuable points. Lynn's smart, tough, & savvy...all things uber valuable to the Niners. I think this was a great hire.
It cost them a playoff appearance for sure

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
As long as Lynn isn't advising Shanahan on any game management situations, he'll be very good to have here.

This
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lynn was fired because he showed terrible game management ability. Its not like that Chargers team lacks talent. On the other hand, Staley didn't show any better judgment really and also ended up missing the playoffs. Both made a lot of questionable decisions so its difficult to say that the Chargers improved any.

Yea OK I get all that. Our coach has shown lack of all that stuff as well. We didn't fire him. Kyle had a terrible W-L record his first 2 seasons. Niners management remained patient and it paid off.

Lynn could have learned from him mistakes. He made the best decision in drafting Herbert (I know other people are in the draft room), then he gets kicked to the curb. It's like my job performance at work. I made a process a lot easier last week and presented it to my supervisor. The next Friday meeting he presented it as his own thing and didn't mention my name once. I was pissed. Then he stuck the ball gag back in my mouth and whipped me. It's the same thing

Stalent isn't any better. My issue with many of the firings is that the team normally doesn't improve (Caldwell with Lions, Lovie with the Bears and Bucs)or it was a terrible team to begin with.

Idk how long the Chargers had these issues with Lynn (I do think the team underachieving in 2020), but for what he had done in 4 years, I'd give him that 5th year to correct the issues.

Exactly. Be careful what you wish for. Can't imagine anyone being worse than Staley. Single handedly lost the home chiefs game and major contributor to loss to raiders. Chargers missing playoffs is squarely on him.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by nomejodaspaco:

English please

Yoda with a bizarre cameo in WZ
Share 49ersWebzone