LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 168 users in the forums

What's wrong with the offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's wrong with the offense?

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by FL9er:
QB. It is unrealistic to expect a team to have 5 GREAT OL. Watch the other games. There aren't many great OLs in this league.

Is the Rams OL really that great? The Bills? The Titans? The Chargers? The Ravens without Ronnie Stanley? The Bengals? The Packers with their injuries? The Cards?

no one is asking for five great o-linemen. watch OUR games. the OL play has been absolutely brutal.

I think Its a combination of coaching and talent. Look at Brady. He was idle in New England for several years, and they had to bring back his bread and butter dante scarnecchia out of retirement. A great oline coach is critical. Look at Bob mckittrick and how important he was.
The offense is broken.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Offense is struggling. Poor play calling. Poor player development or care. Also missing injured players. Honorable mention for excessive pass interference play to setup TD's.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
The offense is broken.

Shanahan must go. Lynch must go. NICE GUYS BUT BRAINDEAD AND CLUELESS. Jimmy must go. A long pass to him goes past the line of scrimmage. Hire STEVE YOUNG to mentor Trey and let's change the wimpy mentality that exists...SHANAHAN plays not to lose. YOUNG ALWAYS PLAYED TO WIN...
[ Edited by frenchtoast on Oct 25, 2021 at 6:11 AM ]
Originally posted by frenchtoast:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
The offense is broken.

Shanahan must go. Lynch must go. NICE GUYS BUT BRAINDEAD AND CLUELESS. Jimmy must go. A long pass to him goes past the line of scrimmage. Hire STEVE YOUNG to mentor Trey and let's change the wimpy mentality that exists...SHANAHAN plays not to lose. YOUNG ALWAYS PLAYED TO WIN...

Shanny and Lynch aren't going anywhere anytime soon. We need a QB.
Don't have the horses , after Mitchell it's no one and qb play hasn't been good, I don't see a play off team at all , missing some playmakers
  • titan
  • Veteran
We don't take advantage of the NFL Pass Interference Rule. Momentum swung vs GB and the Colts game because if PI calls.
Originally posted by titan:
We don't take advantage of the NFL Pass Interference Rule. Momentum swung vs GB and the Colts game because if PI calls.

sHoW mE hOw tHrOwInG dEeP LeAdS tO sUcCeSs???

-jimmydeydey
I'd say the OC is a big problem
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

-jimmydeydey

I mean how many of those PIs led to point for the Colts? That's what won them the game...but you know why take advantage of that when every single team does it to you every single week.

Mcdaniel
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

-jimmydeydey

I mean how many of those PIs led to point for the Colts? That's what won them the game...but you know why take advantage of that when every single team does it to you every single week.

We are victims!!! We need to fight back. 😂
Too complicated. the only route that gets yards is a Kittle or Deebo in route lol

-jimmydeydey

We are victims!!! We need to fight back. 😂

Lol obsessive weirdos. Hey, at least I can admit it's time to move on and that Jimmy's time is done. I'll take my lumps unlike you dudes who say stupid s**t like air yards are counted as penalties now. Now that's a stupid argument. Just like the "he can't throw 15 yards" stupid argument some dude made here.

My stance has always been about wanting whoever wins this team games. Remember TheFaulkRam? I thought that was Jimmy and had his back but I can admit that as now that stance is wrong. He's not improving, he's not converting 3rd downs like he has, he's throwing his usual boneheaded pick but instead of waking up like he used to he follows it up with another mistake.

It's TreyDey now. Jimmy gave is some great times but his existence is pointless now that we're 2-4. As I said in preseason I give him the first 5-6 games to see what he has. He's not getting it done.

But let's be clear penalties bare not "air yards". Lol that's extremely stupid.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Oct 25, 2021 at 7:10 AM ]

-jimmydeydey

And the pass to Pittman for the TD. It's crazy how sometimes throwing it up just works and you don't need to have Calvin Johnson in his prime to throw deep.

The chances of that ball getting picked is much lower compared to drawing a PI or the pass being completed. Most of the time it's just an incompletion anyways. But it keeps the defense a bit more conservative...and for some reason this is too complicated for some to understand.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 25, 2021 at 7:08 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone