There are 95 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks Pregame Thread - 2021 Season Wk 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks Pregame Thread - 2021 Season Wk 4

My confidence in this team has dropped dramatically after the last game. Too many injuries at key positions and picks not panning/helping out much will be too hard to overcome. Just simply too many new players filling in. Nothing we can do when we are starting players that we picked up a week or two ago, CBs that are late round picks, and RBs that don't know the playbook because we just grabbed them from other teams' practice squad.

I don't even want to think what Seattle will do to this defense. So much $$$ on the DL position but we can't rush the passer or stop the run effectively. Yikes.

If Kyle can pull out a win it will be amazing. Hopefully we start getting players back later in the season but we are in for a rough start imo.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
My confidence in this team has dropped dramatically after the last game. Too many injuries at key positions and picks not panning/helping out much will be too hard to overcome. Just simply too many new players filling in. Nothing we can do when we are starting players that we picked up a week or two ago, CBs that are late round picks, and RBs that don't know the playbook because we just grabbed them from other teams' practice squad.

I don't even want to think what Seattle will do to this defense. So much $$$ on the DL position but we can't rush the passer or stop the run effectively. Yikes.

If Kyle can pull out a win it will be amazing. Hopefully we start getting players back later in the season but we are in for a rough start imo.

Everybody else has injuries too. We just have to grind it out with what we got. We can win a lot of games, just got to play.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Beating GB would have been a bonus. Keeping pace in the division is a MUST. And it starts with holding home court, in the least. Must win our home games vs Sea Zona and LA, and hopefully win one on the road to make it 4-2.

Agreed.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Rogers had one receiver and we couldn't stop them. How do we expect to stop DK and Lockett?

Offense will have to carry us but we all know how that went.

This could get ugly for the defense..
The sky isn't falling. We played terrible at just about every position and still the team that appeared in the last two NFC championships needed the reigning MVP to perform last minute heroics to beat us. We have as much talent as anyone, there are some holes, but same for every other team. We can shore it up and contend. I don't expect to see us that flat again for a long time. We are always bad coming out of these two-three game east coast swings, especially when they start the season.
A must win
Offense can't have any cold starts in this one. We need to be aggressive and Kyle can't playcall like he's scared. Call your plays and trust the guys out there even if they're not what you'd like to have out there due to injuries.

Our defense isn't stopping Seattle too many times with the corners we have and our DL being neutralized with the quick pass game. Not a good game to lose Williams for with Lockett having a monster year.

My guess is the offense will need to put up at least 35 in this one to win. Kyle...if you're not unleashing Trey more in this game then you're doing the team a disservice right now. Jimmy better leave bad Jimmy behind because it's time for him to step his game up.

I'm not confident in this one but being confident vs GB didn't do much. I still believe in this team but I'm concerned about the coaching after GB, not a good place to be when injuries are also part of the picture.

Hope we use the GB game as a wake up call across the board but mostly Kyle. This is not 2019. Our defense is not a juggernaut that we can easily rely on to close out games and the playcalling has to reflect that. Be aggressive and score points. Don't assume the defense will hold small leads at least not against teams with HOF level QBs or high scoring offenses that can pick up chunks in seconds.
Ah yes, this is the thread I was waiting for. LFG!!!

Can we for once just come out and just start dominating the Seahawks please????

Nothing would make me feel better than to slaughter this damn team.

20 -17 49ers is my prediction though.
Shanny and Ryans need to get this team to bounce back. Seattle's D is a little worse off than ours so both teams gonna put up a lot of points, but if 49ers can get them to punt more than 3 times they could definitely win. JG has to be better and so does the pass rush. I trust Josh Norman with bruised lungs out on the filed more than Johnson.

Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Shanny and Ryans need to get this team to bounce back. Seattle's D is a little worse off than ours so both teams gonna put up a lot of points, but if 49ers can get them to punt more than 3 times they could definitely win. JG has to be better and so does the pass rush. I trust Josh Norman with bruised lungs out on the filed more than Johnson.

Jimmy is the great equalizer. He's not going to take advantage of a bad Seahawks D like he should. We will put up 24 points max so either our D will bail him out or they won't.

Also our defense has caused 1 turnover in 3 games lol so I don't expect much from them
Seattle being 1-3 will make me giddy.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Jimmy is the great equalizer. He's not going to take advantage of a bad Seahawks D like he should. We will put up 24 points max so either our D will bail him out or they won't.

Also our defense has caused 1 turnover in 3 games lol so I don't expect much from them

Yeah this is not the game to be running single high safety man to man defense again that's for sure. So without fail we will be running single high man to man all game.
I don't see us stopping Wilson.

JG and the offense is going to have to score around 40.
Barely beat the Lions and Eagles.
Rodgers came out and moved the ball with ease.
Midget Russ going do the same thing.
CheatHawks going to get the calls.
D couldn't get pressure vs Packs sorry ass OL
Holding isn't ever getting called this season.
PLEASE prove me wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone