LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

RIP Greg Clark

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crazy. I remember he was a solid player.
Gosh this sucks.. Tremendous blocker and a good Niner. RIP
Borland was right. This game is not for the head. Feel so sorry for Clark and his family.
I remember him from the late 90s to earlyb2000s. Really solid player. May be rip

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Borland was right. This game is not for the head. Feel so sorry for Clark and his family.

Borland made the right decision
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

RIP Mr. Clark
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
A 4 year career can do this...just awful. TE is a brutal position.
Originally posted by 4ML:
A 4 year career can do this...just awful. TE is a brutal position.

Odds are he was playing pop warner. Then high school. Then college. Then pros. Its pretty shady what the nfl did to them. They should thank god everyday they walked away clean, unlike their victims.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 9, 2021 at 10:00 PM ]
So sad. Rest in peace.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
RIP
RIP. Good player for us during his tenure.

this is sad. I remember him and brings good memories. I also believe that the NFL has made the game safer, but still there is a long way to go.
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope his family and friends can find peace. He is forever a Niner family member. R.I.P.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I remember him from the late 90s to earlyb2000s. Really solid player. May be rip

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Borland made the right decision

Yes he (Borland) did. Not one I like as a 49ers fan, but one I understand as the best decision for himself. Certainly in light of Greg Clark's passing.

These are the modern day gladiators. Not necessarily in danger of immediate death on their job, though that is always a possibility, but almost certainly the maiming of your body both seen and unseen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
RIP
This is the side of football that us fans don't often see but players live with every day. CTE and other debilitating injuries are a fact of life for football players. It's one of the reasons I never refer to a player as trash or garbage. All of these guys are putting their body and possibly their life on the line so we can enjoy watching them for a few hours every week. I know some get paid really well but for the average player it's more the love of the game that keeps them going.
Share 49ersWebzone