Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Tr_EXCUSES played in the same weather as Justin Fields. Fields threw touchdowns and won the game. That's the difference. No excuses from him. Just game winning touchdowns.

If only we gained 100 free yards throughout the course of the game also.

If only Lance wasn't trash and could capitalize on the amazing free field position he was given.

That's true.

Yeah Fields was lighting the world on fire.

Fields was going against supposedly one of the best defenses in the nfl. Lance was going against the Bears d.

Bears D looked just fine.

Or was the 49er offense and Lance just that trash? The Bears are supposed to be the worst team in the NFL, remember?

They definitely have the least amount of offensive talent in the league imo, but their defense isn't bad. The defensive collapse in this game was far more irritating and concerning than anything Lance did. It was pretty obvious going into this game that the only way the Bears were going to win was if the defense played stupidly and the Bears scored off of some fluke plays. How have they not learned to not hit a sliding QB in the last 3 years? I remember them doing the same thing against Kyler Murray in week 1 of 2020.

THE HERD | Colin "on fire" Bears CB Jaylon Johnson: We made Trey Lance "play quarterback"

THE HERD | Colin "on fire" Bears CB Jaylon Johnson: We made Trey Lance "play quarterback"

TL will have to hit em before we will be able to run the rock. Teams won't respect our pass until we show we can do it.

Speak For Yourself | Acho "overreact" Jimmy G will take starting QB job from Trey Lance at 49ers
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

TL will have to hit em before we will be able to run the rock. Teams won't respect our pass until we show we can do it.

Yes I agree.
Anyone have the clip of the miss to Kroft?
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Tr_EXCUSES played in the same weather as Justin Fields. Fields threw touchdowns and won the game. That's the difference. No excuses from him. Just game winning touchdowns.

If only we gained 100 free yards throughout the course of the game also.

If only Lance wasn't trash and could capitalize on the amazing free field position he was given.

That's true.

Yeah Fields was lighting the world on fire.

Fields was going against supposedly one of the best defenses in the nfl. Lance was going against the Bears d.

Bears D looked just fine.

Or was the 49er offense and Lance just that trash? The Bears are supposed to be the worst team in the NFL, remember?

They definitely have the least amount of offensive talent in the league imo, but their defense isn't bad. The defensive collapse in this game was far more irritating and concerning than anything Lance did. It was pretty obvious going into this game that the only way the Bears were going to win was if the defense played stupidly and the Bears scored off of some fluke plays. How have they not learned to not hit a sliding QB in the last 3 years? I remember them doing the same thing against Kyler Murray in week 1 of 2020.

It was just a game of crap, everything from weather, getting dumb penalties, turnovers. Didn't play to win and thought we were better than we are.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Nickel and dime the OL, you get nickel and dime results.

Before the OL at least did a good job run blocking at the cost of subpar pass blocking. Yesterday they did neither well.

Yeah the center position is a problem. I blame Forester (and Kyle) for thinking you could toss in a UDFA with not much experience next to basically two rookies and the youngest QB in the league. In what world did they think that was a recipe for success?

Wow. I totally didn't expect to read this today.

Or ever. He finally saw the light and joined the dark side.

But the thing is with that weakness unless Trey is mentally made of everything they hope, they will have a Trey Lance problem. Because he will either be injured or become so naturally skittish that he'll be seeing Sam Darnold's ghosts, so to speak, when there aren't even any there.

Yeah what's directly in front of him isn't sustainable. Not without those guys getting a lot better. Burford might be okay and hopefully Banks will be. Brendel is a problem at the moment.

Call it Jimmy's contract. Call it too many traded picks for Lance. Call it an oversight but that at least is a failure by Kyle and Lynch the way they set that whole thing up.

Oh you are not wrong here.

I'm still going to give the new OL and running scheme but the down moments are directly going to effect Trey's development. No doubt about that.

Speak For Yourself | Acho "overreact" Jimmy G will take starting QB job from Trey Lance at 49ers

This is a really good take by all involved.

The one thing people are disregarding is the team did not know that Jimmy was an option until the week he signed. You have to know the gameplay the entire time was lance 100%.

You know they did not expect Jimmy to come back because of the 2 mill they wasted on sudfeld. Right down the drain.

You cannot pivot the week before the first game and say now Jimmy is the guy.

Now if lance struggled in game 2 I think you make the switch if you think you can make a run.

If lance wins then stay with lance. If he loses and you think Jimmy can win then I think you have to go Jimmy. Week 3 sacrifices the season.

Statistically you have to make the call week 2.

Now if you just want to write the year off then stick with lance regardless.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

It was a stick concept, if it's the one I'm thinking. In the endzone? Bears were in C1 man, stick concept to the left and Lance red-lights it too quick. That's your winner vs C1 man. He moves on to a slant inside but it's not going to be there vs C1 and takes a sack. Takes time to learn how to be patient when to be patient. It's a play we've hit a number of TD's on but I don't think he's ever run it in a game situation.

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

This is a really good take by all involved.

The one thing people are disregarding is the team did not know that Jimmy was an option until the week he signed. You have to know the gameplay the entire time was lance 100%.

You know they did not expect Jimmy to come back because of the 2 mill they wasted on sudfeld. Right down the drain.

You cannot pivot the week before the first game and say now Jimmy is the guy.

Now if lance struggled in game 2 I think you make the switch if you think you can make a run.

If lance wins then stay with lance. If he loses and you think Jimmy can win then I think you have to go Jimmy. Week 3 sacrifices the season.

Statistically you have to make the call week 2.

Now if you just want to write the year off then stick with lance regardless.

writing off Lance's season that soon is foolish, IMO and shortsighted. You know I like Jimmy but you've got way too many eggs tied up in the Lance basket. It's either going to be success or failure. The only way this plays out with Jimmy playing is if we're not winning, the team needs a spark to keep trust and then they go in to next year in a full on QB competition. That would suck any which way and IMO is worst case scenario.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jonnydel:
writing off Lance's season that soon is foolish, IMO and shortsighted. You know I like Jimmy but you've got way too many eggs tied up in the Lance basket. It's either going to be success or failure. The only way this plays out with Jimmy playing is if we're not winning, the team needs a spark to keep trust and then they go in to next year in a full on QB competition. That would suck any which way and IMO is worst case scenario.

Its just statistics man. If you start 0-2 then it's 12% chance to make the playoffs. If you start 0-3 then it's 3%.

I'm saying if the team considering it then it has to be after week 2. Otherwise I don't want to hear people crying for Jimmy at 2-4 or 2-3 etc...

You might as well let lance play it out and pretend Jimmy doesn't exist at that point.

If lance lights it up week 2 then no problem. If we only put up 10 pts again then switch to Jimmy because it is hard to watch and it will mean sljimmy currently runs shannys offense better and we should play who gives us the best chance to win.

We're supposed to be a good team built for a Superbowl. We can't tank like a bottom feeder scoring 10 pts a game.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Trey gets thrown hard to the ground. MM and TW just looks at him and walks away. Doesnt look too good for the team, the locker is obviously split. It all makes sense now, along with the reports that the team basically ghosted him in the locker after the loss. This team is on a different timeline. It's jimmy's team and he needs to start if lance keeps stinking it up
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for YACBros85.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Some of these throws seem a bit ticky tacky when it comes to criticism. Take for example the pass down the sideline that Trey threw to Jennings. Everyone says Trey under threw him because Jennings had to turn and wait a split second for it. Then with the play posted above, they say Trey over threw Kroft. If Kroft wouldn't have slowed down and turned but just ran under it, he would have caught it going into the endzone. These things seem more like a timing issue than it does an accuracy issue. Just my thoughts.
Share 49ersWebzone