LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 196 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2020 Game 10

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2020 Game 10

15 of 22 starters will not suit up this game. That has to be a NFL record. Good news is we have one heckuva lot of guys for next yr who have seen actual NFL action. Whether they come from PS or Walmart parking lot, it doesn't make the pain go away this yr, but it sure may be a huge advantage next yr.

One would hope the NFL learned that if a pestilence is amongst us (the USA) that if they decide to play, they make dang sure that there is an entire, full PS with OTAs, TC, and pre season games. Without that, there should never be a NFL season played. The damage done to a number of NFL players has been depressing. But the amount of damage we incurred is literally unbelievable.

Running up a game against the Saints, basically at full strength, is just downright unfair. It is, however, football...NFL style. I suspect that if the NFL had even remotely known of how many injuries would occur, they would have had second thots on playing the season. For us it is hard to know what we have in that we have only 7/22nds of our starters . And that is frankly, inexcusable.

just hope our guys play their hearts out and dont' get embarrassed. What an awful wish for a regular season game.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
15 of 22 starters will not suit up this game. That has to be a NFL record. Good news is we have one heckuva lot of guys for next yr who have seen actual NFL action. Whether they come from PS or Walmart parking lot, it doesn't make the pain go away this yr, but it sure may be a huge advantage next yr.

One would hope the NFL learned that if a pestilence is amongst us (the USA) that if they decide to play, they make dang sure that there is an entire, full PS with OTAs, TC, and pre season games. Without that, there should never be a NFL season played. The damage done to a number of NFL players has been depressing. But the amount of damage we incurred is literally unbelievable.

Running up a game against the Saints, basically at full strength, is just downright unfair. It is, however, football...NFL style. I suspect that if the NFL had even remotely known of how many injuries would occur, they would have had second thots on playing the season. For us it is hard to know what we have in that we have only 7/22nds of our starters . And that is frankly, inexcusable.

just hope our guys play their hearts out and dont' get embarrassed. What an awful wish for a regular season game.

I doubt they really cared about how many players would get injured if it meant canceling the season. The league wasn't going to lose out on billions and billions of dollars by not playing to just protect some players. Its a gladiator sport - they know these guys are killing themselves regardless.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I doubt they really cared about how many players would get injured if it meant canceling the season. The league wasn't going to lose out on billions and billions of dollars by not playing to just protect some players. Its a gladiator sport - they know these guys are killing themselves regardless.

The joke is they are spending billions and still losing billions. Just not as many billions lost as if no games were played. That is really a crummy choice.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

NFL would have had a season even if the 2's and 3's had to play for each team. I think the viewers would have still been there because it was somethign else to watch. The NBA season starts next month and we'll see how those ratings go now that I believe they will be playing in their home arena's and some probably with fans this time.
The joke is they are spending billions and still losing billions. Just not as many billions lost as if no games were played. That is really a crummy choice.

Not really - from a business perspective it is a must. When you have billions in overhead, then zero income - you go out of business or become dangerously close to it. They might not make as much money as they usually would this year but that doesn't mean they lost money overall - just Year over Year revenue growth won't be good. They will most likely make some sort of profit or make enough to at least break even. it'll keep the league alive
This team is gonna get cooked
I started a new job at the beginning of the season, and it started taking up Sundays. This is the first time I'll get to sit and watch a game since we were ranked in everybody's top 5.

I hope I have enough cheap beer and expensive weed to make it through this.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
This team is gonna get cooked

Deep fried and baked...1st quarter will tell us how bad it'll get.
All I want from this game is to stay competitive from start to finish. I don't want to lose all hope after the 1st qtr today. Predicting Niners to fly around today and make plays on both sides of the ball. Nick 22/35 236yrds 2tds, Aiyuk 8 for 110 1td and Armstead 5 tackles (3 TFL) 2 sacks.

Niners win 28-21

LETS GOOOOO
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrGriz:
I started a new job at the beginning of the season, and it started taking up Sundays. This is the first time I'll get to sit and watch a game since we were ranked in everybody's top 5.

Should have just worked....LoL

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf49ersfan7:
All I want from this game is to stay competitive from start to finish. I don't want to lose all hope after the 1st qtr today. Predicting Niners to fly around today and make plays on both sides of the ball. Nick 22/35 236yrds 2tds, Aiyuk 8 for 110 1td and Armstead 5 tackles (3 TFL) 2 sacks.

Niners win 28-21

LETS GOOOOO

I don't predict any sacks from this DL. Bree's is quick to get out the ball to Kamara. Warner gonna have good tackling day I think.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by MrGriz:

Should have just worked....LoL

I've beaten the family curse by only drinking while I'm watching football. I'm sick of cheating by using game pass and watching games where I already know the outcome.
We are winning today! I can feel it!
Originally posted by Baldie:
I don't predict any sacks from this DL. Bree's is quick to get out the ball to Kamara. Warner gonna have good tackling day I think.

True, but regardless, I think the d-line will perform well today since they aren't playing against a mobile QB. We also actually respond well after getting embarrassed the previous week.
I just want to watch Aiyuk.
Share 49ersWebzone