There are 284 users in the forums

Should we tank for a top 5 pick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we tank for a top 5 pick?

Yes. So this regime can draft another soloman Thomas.
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack and called an overreactive troll or whatever.

But yes. We honestly should.

We cannot win the Super Bowl without Bosa. Period.

We just lost to a trash winless depleted Eagles team that got embarrassed by WASHINGTON.

The rest of our schedule is brutal. Washington is literally the easiest game left. Again, Washington, who DESTROYED a healthy Eagles team that we could've even beat a depleted version of.

If we get a high pick, and we get a QB like Fields, we could ship Jimmy for a pick and clear $50M+ in cap space over the next two seasons. We potentially upgrade at the most important position while also having the space to re-sign Trent, Juice and hopefully a couple corners.

That would do way more wonders than desperately trying to sneak into the playoffs as a #7 seed just to get stomped in the first round. It's the truth.
No, we shouldn't tank. We probably wouldn't draft the obvious best player if we had the chance anyway because he's not a "scheme fit" or some other BS.

With a top 5 pick we would probably draft a 230lb OT who is a fit for the ZBS scheme and is good at pulling.
we draft Shaun Wade, CB, the Ohio St. We can get your developmental QB prospect in the mid rounds. We arent bad enough to get Lawrence. Plus Jimmy isnt the actual problem. its the OL and CBs (injuries) but if we get a lockdown to pair up with Moseley our Defense will be set. We got the Dline and the LB core. are safeties arent bad enough to draft over a outside DB.. its the outside that gets us. We also need to start playing more Man.. this zone has the cb's off the WR 10 yards.. what happens the hook and catch passes for 9 yards a clip.
Interesting question but who is "We" ? Do you play for the 49ers? Are you in the Locker Room Day in and Day Out ? You Best keep it keeping with this B.S questions/thoughts
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I can see it: Niners have the #3 pick and Trevor Lawerence is there and they take a DL
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I can see it: Niners have the #3 pick and Trevor Lawerence is there and they take a DL

Lawrence is almost 100% going 1st in this draft lol
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack and called an overreactive troll or whatever.

We just lost to a trash winless depleted Eagles team that got embarrassed by WASHINGTON.

The rest of our schedule is brutal. Washington is literally the easiest game left. Again, Washington, who DESTROYED a healthy Eagles team that we could've even beat a depleted version of.

If we get a high pick, and we get a QB like Fields, we could ship Jimmy for a pick and clear $50M+ in cap space over the next two seasons. We potentially upgrade at the most important position while also having the space to re-sign Trent, Juice and hopefully a couple corners.

That would do way more wonders than desperately trying to sneak into the playoffs as a #7 seed just to get stomped in the first round. It's the truth.

Agree.

Plus, we might not even have to tank, we're just going to be bad enough to lose a bunch of games.

How exactly do you "tank?" Sit players like Kittle, Warner, Trent Williams and announce to the entire roster that you're all about waving the white flag and laying down?
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Interesting question but who is "We" ? Do you play for the 49ers? Are you in the Locker Room Day in and Day Out ? You Best keep it keeping with this B.S questions/thoughts

• jcs
  • Veteran
Tanking would destroy what ever window we opened last season. Tanking would ruin this team like it did in 04' and 15'
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

How exactly do you "tank?" Sit players like Kittle, Warner, Trent Williams and announce to the entire roster that you're all about waving the white flag and laying down?

Football hurts too much to play, to tank.
  • dj43
When your now 3rd string QB turns the ball over three times and you still almost pull it out, and you have multiple 1st string starters returning in the next couple of weeks, NO, you do not tank.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm not saying we will. Just saying if there's a way to take emotions and "culture" out of it, we should.
Tanking isn't really an option, but the best thing that could happen to us would be for us to lose enough games to take a top QB in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone