LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 262 users in the forums

49ers Sign Ken Webster (Mia PS)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers Have signed CB Ken Webster off the Miami Dolphins Practice Squad. He is now apart of the 53 man roster.
bodies! yay
5' 11", 203 lbs, 24 years old...is known by our DB coach as last year both were with the Dolphins (Webster started five games).
Compact frame with good arm length helps him succeed as an above-average tackler given his playing style. —Tested well at the combine and has the foundational athleticism, explosiveness and burst to compete for an NFL practice squad spot.

Bleacher Report
Excellent athlete with above-average speed and upper body strength. … Physical corner who is effective redirecting routes, particularly in zones. … Willing tackler, especially breaking up screens, and does a nice job shedding blocks. … Likes to jam receivers on the outside. … Possesses excellent recovery speed, and breaks on the ball quickly.

WEAKNESSES
Although he likes to press, can often get lost when doing so and struggles at times. … Dropped too many would-be interceptions. … Can struggles in zones by allowing too much space underneath. … Hasn't been as effective since knee injury cost him the 2016 season. … Lacks consistency in man coverage on the outside, failing to mirror receivers

Patriots.com draft profile
He played some snaps
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Lmao...had to go back 6 pages to find the 1st priority resigned of the offseason..
This dude's speed on special teams always stood out to me.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
bodies! yay

Yeah, looks like recovering from an injury too. I think.

Sherman's replacement
He's a slot CB.
He was definitely priority number 1 this offseason. Now no matter what happens, at least we got Ken Webster back!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We need good / healthy DBs real bad, I hope he surprises us...
And dumb people will start whining about the signing of this kid, lmao.
Share 49ersWebzone