There are 101 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NY JETS ✈️ Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NY JETS ✈️ Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 2

Is there still a gameday chat room here? I haven't posted in awhile during the game but I remember it was always a good time. I'm looking forward to a beter game against the jets this week. Go 9ers!
  • thl408
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by thl408:

49ers played a ton of Quarters and other two high coverages vs ARI.

so what Bosa is saying has legit merit?

I think so, yes. But for what Bosa is speaking towards, my guess is he means he can pass rush without being so paranoid of the QB escaping the pocket. I'm sure he and the rest of the DL had to rush with discipline versus Murray. Won't be the case versus Darnold. Playing Quarters isn't some new thing, but the frequency that they did it versus ARI is not normal when we know that Cover3 is a big part of their typical gameplan.

why would quarters accomodate more for how Murry/Arizona plays as opposed to cover 3?

Due to all the WR screens they like to throw or when they go spread.
Five eligible pass catchers. You want to get a 4v3 on one side of the field and a 3v2 to the other side of the field (4 defenders vs 3 receivers, 3 defenders vs 2 receivers). To do that you go with split safeties (Quarters, Cover2, Cover6) not single high safety (Cover3).

[ Edited by thl408 on Sep 17, 2020 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Is there still a gameday chat room here? I haven't posted in awhile during the game but I remember it was always a good time. I'm looking forward to a beter game against the jets this week. Go 9ers!

there will be. on gameday.

49ers played a ton of Quarters and other two high coverages vs ARI.

so what Bosa is saying has legit merit?

I think so, yes. But for what Bosa is speaking towards, my guess is he means he can pass rush without being so paranoid of the QB escaping the pocket. I'm sure he and the rest of the DL had to rush with discipline versus Murray. Won't be the case versus Darnold. Playing Quarters isn't some new thing, but the frequency that they did it versus ARI is not normal when we know that Cover3 is a big part of their typical gameplan.

why would quarters accomodate more for how Murry/Arizona plays as opposed to cover 3?

Due to all the WR screens they like to throw or when they go spread.
Five eligible pass catchers. You want to get a 4v3 on one side of the field and a 3v2 to the other side of the field (4 defenders vs 3 receivers, 3 defenders vs 2 receivers). To do that you go with split safeties (Quarters, Cover2, Cover6) not single high safety (Cover3).

nice, thanks! thought maybe it had something to do with Murray's running capability too
Is there anyone here in the wz that has sideline access? There used to be a guy named Fricker that has like full access and he would post awesome sideline photos and info. Are those guys still around?
  • tyab
So what's y'all score prediction? Is it 35-7 jets? Because ford is out for the year, jimmy g is trash, saleh sucks (even though a lot of people didn't want him to leave last year), shanahan is a choker (and a liar), lynch is an idiot and the niners just plain suck. Is that the reasoning for why we will get smashed by the jets, giants, eagles and dolphins? Well is it?
Originally posted by tyab:
So what's y'all score prediction? Is it 35-7 jets? Because ford is out for the year, jimmy g is trash, saleh sucks (even though a lot of people didn't want him to leave last year), shanahan is a choker (and a liar), lynch is an idiot and the niners just plain suck. Is that the reasoning for why we will get smashed by the jets, giants, eagles and dolphins? Well is it?
My sarcasm meter just broke, thanks
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lets run it and then run it some more. lets get back to what we do best, the rookie wide out and our new guy will hopefully be a good shot. i have no idea what to think out of our alleged secondary.. and all we can do is hope jimmy bounces back with more trust in the two new guys.
I guess Spoon made it back to practice today, so that means they will have spoon and Mosley as the starting CB's for Sunday.

No we probably win like 24-20 in a one score game like the Cardinals did us.

With Jimmy at the helm and a top 5 defense we are like an 8-8 to 10-6 team that should limp into the playoffs and get blasted in the first round.

Nothing but love for Frank Gore, greatest RB in franchise history and I wish him all success in every aspect of life, just not this Sunday, He's the enemy for 4 quarters. Once the game ends it'll be all love again. Some of you are nuts for rooting for a former player over the actual team
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Sep 17, 2020 at 6:00 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if we go out there and get abused by a 38 year old running back. well then we do not deserve to be included as a possible division contender in my opinion
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Nothing but love for Frank Gore, greatest RB in franchise history and I wish him all success in every aspect of life, just not this Sunday, He's the enemy for 4 quarters. Once the game ends it'll be all love again. Some of you are nuts for rooting for a former player over the actual team

My only wish more than the 9ers winning the superbowl would be to see Alex Smith and Frank Gore win one. I would love to see both of them get a ring. They have earned it for sure. Two warriors.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

My only wish more than the 9ers winning the superbowl would be to see Alex Smith and Frank Gore win one. I would love to see both of them get a ring. They have earned it for sure. Two warriors.

but you will be super pissed if frank beats us.. we need to abuse frank. this is no time for sentimental b******t. this is no time for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.. we are going to war and we are soldiers.. lol. where is the clip of that idiot winslow saying that
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

No we probably win like 24-20 in a one score game like the Cardinals did us.

With Jimmy at the helm and a top 5 defense we are like an 8-8 to 10-6 team that should limp into the playoffs and get blasted in the first round.

Yeah cause that's exactly what happened with Jimmy at the helm and a top 5 defense last year.... wait
Share 49ersWebzone