LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Niners have 5 players listed in the top 100 for 2020

Shop Find 49ers gear online
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-top-100-nfl-players-of-2020-patrick-mahomes-takes-top-spot-lamar-jackson-cracks-top-10/

#18 Kittle
#24 Bosa
#57 Sherman
#90 Armstead
#93 Ward

Surprised about Ward's ranking. Bosa will be higher on this list after next season. And Deebo will be on it. And I think Sherman is ranked that high based on past reputation.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-top-100-nfl-players-of-2020-patrick-mahomes-takes-top-spot-lamar-jackson-cracks-top-10/

#18 Kittle
#24 Bosa
#57 Sherman
#90 Armstead
#93 Ward

Surprised about Ward's ranking. Bosa will be higher on this list after next season. And Deebo will be on it. And I think Sherman is ranked that high based on past reputation.

I think people are letting one play in the Superbowl overshadow the fact that he was amazing for us all season long.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

#18 Kittle
#24 Bosa
#57 Sherman
#90 Armstead
#93 Ward

I think people are letting one play in the Superbowl overshadow the fact that he was amazing for us all season long.

Agreed. Sherman was All Pro/Pro Bowl last year for a reason, he was the leader in the secondary and on defense I've said this before, but the 49ers need to retain him after 2020.

Had Trent Williams played last year he'd be on the list too, didn't look at what Tackles(if any) are on the list.
They put b***h ass ward on this list but not warner? Wtf...
Was buckner even ranked?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Was buckner even ranked?

right ahead of Sherman.

Also Cousins is ranked but no Jimmy G?

Agreed, Warner might be the most underrated LB in the NFL.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Such disrespect smh. Jimmy g deserve some love too.

Such disrespect smh. Jimmy g deserve some love too.

A QB that went to the super bowl is not a top 100 player? That's odd for the NFL!

This is why I think it will be hard for us to get back to the super bowl. The NFL wants every team to get a shot. If JG isn't a top 100 player how will his games be officiated as opposed to say Brady or Mahomes? For some reason the league hates Brees, JG is gonna get the Brees treatment. I can see it setting up now.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
A QB that went to the super bowl is not a top 100 player? That's odd for the NFL!

This is why I think it will be hard for us to get back to the super bowl. The NFL wants every team to get a shot. If JG isn't a top 100 player how will his games be officiated as opposed to say Brady or Mahomes? For some reason the league hates Brees, JG is gonna get the Brees treatment. I can see it setting up now.

Jimmy gets no respect because he was a backup. They figure if he was a backup QB it means he is no good. Not taking into consideration that he was backing up a future Hall of famer. Jimmy G has like an 80% winning percentage as a starter and just took his team to the SB. There is no grounds for the lack of respect he gets around the league.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on May 20, 2020 at 7:37 PM ]

Jimmy gets no respect because he was a backup. They figure if he was a backup QB it means he is no good. Not taking into consideration that he was backing up a future Hall of famer. Jimmy G has like an 80% winning percentage as a starter and just took his team to the SB. There is no grounds for the lack of respect he gets around the league.

I can see us as 49ers fans being tough on Jimmy G.

We've had Joe Montana & Steve Young at the QB position here, but the league and media hating on him feels a little strange. QB's normally get all the love (see: Cousins).
Surprised Warner is not on there
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Jimmy reminds me of how Romo got no respect as the Cowboys QB. He never got any credit until he started winning big games.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM ]
Was buckner even ranked?

right ahead of Sherman.

Also Cousins is ranked but no Jimmy G?

Originally posted by mayo49:

Jimmy reminds me of how Romo got no respect as the Cowboys QB. He never got any credit until he started winning big games.

Romo was pretty hyped when he first became starter and they were winning a good amount of games during the first few years as starter. He was the toast of the town until people starting realizing he couldn't win big games in the playoffs, or playoff games in general that matter.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 20, 2020 at 9:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone