LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 331 users in the forums

"3rd and Jauan" Jennings l WR Tennessee

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We just so thirsty for wr talent anyone drafted will be squeezed for everything.

Hope they all pan out but
Originally posted by domingo:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Most overhyped rookie. What do you guys see in him?

Anquan Boldin 2.0.
i see flashes of D. Walker/Boldin/T.O.

get this guy the ball in space and watch the magic happen.

Dude isn't small
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Dude isn't small

I legit thought it was Solomon Thomas at first.
He's 6'3 215. Why not a candidate for WR/TE
Originally posted by Bahamas_9er:
Looking at Jennings with his shirt off during workouts, I saw lots of baby fat. Clearly he was never in top shape at Tenn. The 49ers will whip him into shape and he'll be much quicker than his timed 40. The best is yet to be seen from Jennings IMO.

one major knock on him was conditioning....that and his incidents......

There is a video out there some where that shows him breathing harder then most NFL rookies do after simple things like the 40 yard dash.

He was stellar in the condition he was in.....when he gets NFL ready...who knows what he can do.
Originally posted by Bahamas_9er:
Looking at Jennings with his shirt off during workouts, I saw lots of baby fat. Clearly he was never in top shape at Tenn. The 49ers will whip him into shape and he'll be much quicker than his timed 40. The best is yet to be seen from Jennings IMO.

weird flex but you do you boss
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Good Call!

Hey, for a 7th round pick - we've struck gold before in the later rounds.

Let's give the man a shot and see what he does.

Because it makes no sense. He's never played TE, and 215 is insanely small for a TE. Can you imagine Jauan blocking Nick Bosa? Because that's an assignment an inline TE will have at some point.

He's a big slot who will probably get a few snaps outside from time to time.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 17, 2020 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Because it makes no sense. He's never played TE, and 215 is insanely small for a TE. Can you imagine Jauan blocking Nick Bosa? Because that's an assignment an inline TE will have at some point.

I was thinking putting 20lbs on him and teach him how to block better. He's already slow at 4.71 in the 40

Wishful thinking for wanting him to make the team

I was thinking putting 20lbs on him and teach him how to block better. He's already slow at 4.71 in the 40

40 times tend to change with added weight.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

40 times tend to change with added weight.

He's already slow. He can be slower like Celek Time
I'm kinda hoping Shanny hides him during preseason to try to get him on the practice squad for his rookie season.

Mostly just because of how many WR's we have and that I like.

Deebo
Aiyuk
Bourne
Taylor
Hurd
Pettis
James
Benjamin
Jennings

I'm hoping Pettis comes to camp determined and motivated to make the team. He's too talented. I'm also a fan of James, he makes plays once he gets the ball.

In a traditional sense he is small for a tight end. However, Shannon Sharpe was listed at 6' 3" and 221 at draft time and his regular playing weight later was between 223-228 . In Kyles offense you don't have to hold the block like a guard or tackle, you just have to seal or chip your assignment. Who did Shannon play for? Mike-Kyles father.

Remember you cannot think conventional pieces, but position less players in Kyle's offense, who can cause confusion and mismatches. Hurd is the same way, although he is heavier.

As for blocking Nick, except in practice, that is as good a method to sharpen his iron and skill.

Also, you only get slower if you put on the weight in the wrong places and in the wrong way (fat instead of muscle and stomach and ass instead arms, chest and legs. If he puts on 10-13 pounds shouldn't be that big of a deal with his frame, not like he is 5-8 to 5-10.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I'm kinda hoping Shanny hides him during preseason to try to get him on the practice squad for his rookie season.

Mostly just because of how many WR's we have and that I like.

Deebo
Aiyuk
Bourne
Taylor
Hurd
Pettis
James
Benjamin
Jennings

I'm hoping Pettis comes to camp determined and motivated to make the team. He's too talented. I'm also a fan of James, he makes plays once he gets the ball.
Good teams usually get their PS ransacked first.. you can always count on seattle to be first in line
Share 49ersWebzone