There are 183 users in the forums

"3rd and Jauan" Jennings l WR Tennessee

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Loving what I'm hearing about Jennings. He has gotten better every year. I wonder if these trends continue, will we still have Deebo, Aiyuk, and Jennings in 2024. It seems that with the cap, you just don't get very long to have a strong unit of the same guys.

he has been a wonderful pleasant surprise

HONESTLY... I didn't think J1's performance was a surprise.... I was wondering why 81 and that Cracraft or even 17 was getting more playing time.. even SANU, the signing alone was dumb...

Jennings was never going to be a deep heat type of a receiver, and everyone saw how well he does under 20 yard routes...
Loving what I'm hearing about Jennings. He has gotten better every year. I wonder if these trends continue, will we still have Deebo, Aiyuk, and Jennings in 2024. It seems that with the cap, you just don't get very long to have a strong unit of the same guys.

Depending on what Deebo gets, and what Aiyuk does, hopefully they'll have at least Deebo & Aiyuk long term, doubt they will be able to afford Jauan as well if he breaks out, can't pay 3 WRs big money, not when you're paying for the top LT, top 2 MLB, top TE, soon top EDGE, $17M a yr DT, top FB, etc....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

he has been a wonderful pleasant surprise

HONESTLY... I didn't think J1's performance was a surprise.... I was wondering why 81 and that Cracraft or even 17 was getting more playing time.. even SANU, the signing alone was dumb...

Jennings was never going to be a deep heat type of a receiver, and everyone saw how well he does under 20 yard routes...
i am always late to the party. lol,,, i just never saw anything out of him. no one talked about him so to me...he just came out of the blue and really asserted him self at the end of the year and in those playoff games. they do not let me out much so i am sure good posters like you saw stuff from him i was late in seeing. you just gotta love a guy who trives on third down clutch throws
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Depending on what Deebo gets, and what Aiyuk does, hopefully they'll have at least Deebo & Aiyuk long term, doubt they will be able to afford Jauan as well if he breaks out, can't pay 3 WRs big money, not when you're paying for the top LT, top 2 MLB, top TE, soon top EDGE, $17M a yr DT, top FB, etc....

geez. when was the last time we had three great wide outs.... owens. stokes. streets? i get some did not like stokes and i get we kind of have a low bar over the last 20 years but i remember all those years and even the jh years... we struggled to have two decent wide outs..
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Yup. Also much easier to draft a guy to fill the no. 3 role. Hopefully these OL and CB picks work out because we will need good players on rookie deals outperforming their contract.
Originally posted by NCommand:
My breakout player. Kyle said he fully trusts him, plays bigger than he is and surprisingly, said he's the best separator on the team.

I think he definitely plays to his size. After all, the dude is a legit 6'3", 215 lbs. Kyle has been looking for that big slot for a minute, and he's finally got one that he trusts. I can't wait to see what JJ does this year.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 9, 2022 at 8:02 PM ]
Kid was so clutch. Hard to match that but if he does he's a bonafide starter.

kb had better numbers but man he dropped some s**t right In his hands. Like flipping a coin with that dude
This years KJ Osborn?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
This years KJ Osborn?

This year's Jajuan Jennings.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
I don't really have a opinion on Jennings at the moment. Just looking at some of the clips available on him my first reaction was that he looks pretty slow, which I guess is the main rap against him. He runs hard once he gets it in his hands though and looks like he will make some of those contested catches which would be a plus as a Red Zone target. Came across this video with John Middlekauff whose name I see in articles on the newsfeed from time to time and he and his pal in the video apparently aren't impressed with Jennings at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w67CXL0h24

Neither of these takes aged well. Middlekauf f**king loves JJ now.

My breakout player. Kyle said he fully trusts him, plays bigger than he is and surprisingly, said he's the best separator on the team.

True good call NC and let's not forget he was 1st in all of college football among wrs for most broken tackles I loved it when we drafted him. I was talking him up bc of his tackle breaking ability
[ Edited by elguapo on Jun 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

True good call NC and let's not forget he was 1st in all of college football among wrs for most broken tackles I loved it when we drafted him. I was talking him up bc of his tackle breaking ability

He could end up being a massive security blanket for Trey. Can't wait!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Was my favorite when he was drafted and I'm so happy to see where he is today.

i guess we found out you can indeed just come in and take hurds job

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

sheesh and to think i was a sanu fan last year
Share 49ersWebzone