McKivitz----------McGlinchey

Height: 6-7-----------6-8
Weight: 306 lbs----309 lbs
Hands: 10"-----------10"
Arm lenght: 33" 6/8----34"
Vertical: 26"------28" 1/2
Bench press: 20----24
Broad jump: 106"----105"

Maybe he can bust but I don´t see him as a future RG because he´ll play at LT or as a swing tackle.

McKivitz-----Brunskill

Height 6-7-----6-5
weight: 306 lbs-----300 lbs
hands: 10"-----9 7/8"
arm length: 33 6/8"----33 7/8"
Vert: 26"----28"
Bench: 20----17
Broad Jump: 106"----106"

I don't see why he couldn't play guard if you're just bringing up measurables (FWIW Person's measurables are very similar as well)

Just happy to see some serious candidates for the OL jobs!

Same!

x3
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
If Richburg can't go and Garland is still dinged up, why not Colton!

What have you seen from OL Colton McKivitz? How is he picking up the offense and where do you kind of see his best fit for you guys at this stage?

"We drafted him originally thinking to play tackle. Then you have injuries and you can throw him in at guard. I think he's got the ability to play center. I think he's got the ability to go wherever we want him to go. I know he was a tackle in college and I think that's how we saw him at first, but when you get to the NFL, especially if you're not out there starting, you better be able to help at as many as you can.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/138974-transcript-shanahan-provides-injury-updates-discusses-jennings-garoppolo/
Guys that really want it and are highly competitive always seem to find a way.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Guys that really want it and are highly competitive always seem to find a way.

Im really pulling for Colton to win backup center. Next year, **IF** we can get Trent signed up, then we'll have McGlinchy at Right Tackle, and Colton at center, that line (With Laken at Left guard, and the best of the rest at right guard) I think is a OLine that can play at a high level potentially for at least 3+ years (if we sign Trent). Then NC shouldnt' have anything to write up about on the Offensive LIne Thread.

But again, if we can solidify the center position -- that really will make this offense so much better. A center than can take on a 3-Tech or a 3-4 NT all by himself is a priceless player in the kind of zone runs that Kyle loves to run.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
KEEBLE & BITZ!!!!

I read he manhandled The Big Sassy Kinlaw on a One on One Drill !!!
Originally posted by Giedi:

What have you seen from OL Colton McKivitz? How is he picking up the offense and where do you kind of see his best fit for you guys at this stage?

"We drafted him originally thinking to play tackle. Then you have injuries and you can throw him in at guard. I think he's got the ability to play center. I think he's got the ability to go wherever we want him to go. I know he was a tackle in college and I think that's how we saw him at first, but when you get to the NFL, especially if you're not out there starting, you better be able to help at as many as you can.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/138974-transcript-shanahan-provides-injury-updates-discusses-jennings-garoppolo/

Kyle so desperate for a capable center, he thinks everyone has the ability to play center
Change the thread title to Kinlaw's dad.
The thing I like about him is not only can he play virtually anywhere along the OL, he plays with attitude. I'm happy to see some attitude added this year with him & Williams. The tougher our OL is the more Coach can really open up his playbook to keep opponents on their heels.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
KEEBLE AND BITS BABYYYYY !!!

MOUNTAINEERSSSSS !!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The thing I like about him is not only can he play virtually anywhere along the OL, he plays with attitude. I'm happy to see some attitude added this year with him & Williams. The tougher our OL is the more Coach can really open up his playbook to keep opponents on their heels.

If he can replace Richburg in a year or two, that will really help our cap space and possibly free up cap resources to sign Trent Williams. A center that can control a guy like Kinlaw all by himself would be (I think) Alex Mack territory.

If he can replace Richburg in a year or two, that will really help our cap space and possibly free up cap resources to sign Trent Williams. A center that can control a guy like Kinlaw all by himself would be (I think) Alex Mack territory.

I don't know if I've ever seen a 6'7" center. 6'5" is about the tallest I recall. Being tall is a handicap for a center where a low center of gravity comes in handy. That height makes it harder to get under the nose tackle and block him. That doesn't mean he can't do it but it would seem to be harder for him.
Dark horse candidate for NFL MVP

LOL. Poor guy was drafted to compete with Coleman and Skule and 1 week into camp he has to learn G and C in 3 weeks because of the IOL injuries, retirements and COVID opt outs. Welcome to a Kyle OL. If you make the 53, you WILL play at some point this season. Be ready.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
this KID will be our ALL PRO Swing Tackle in his ROOKIE year !!!
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Dark horse candidate for NFL MVP

If he starts...Championship!
Share 49ersWebzone