LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
WR1 in SF.

Soon to be WR1 in the NFL.
Anyone that plays fantasy football should draft this guy. I bet he's going to be available in the later rounds and will be a steal
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by mayo49:
If Aiyuk can be the second coming of JT, I'll cream my pants.

I think he can easily surpass all his career stats if he plays 6-7 years
347 receptions
5589 receiving yards
43 tds

so you're definitely going to squirt some best foods

When a guy like Rice is your running mate, your stats will suffer a bit. Taylor was SO good though in his own right. Sneaky fast and a RAC monster.

I agree but you also have to consider Taylor had the opposing teams #2 cb and All the coverage was rolled over to Rices side most of the time. (He was double covered constantly and sometimes even triple covered). That left Taylor alone for some very very easy looks and an even easier time getting open. Taylor was great snd Aiyuk is also sneaky fast and great at RAC. We finally have 2 good wrs again.

It's a good point, but i think Aiyuk is a whole lot closer to JT than to TO. More savvy, really nice RAC, and he does make some bodacious catches. He seems to find seams better than TO did…but that is just an impression from long, long ago. Aiyuk does seem to have really nice moves to get open…no doubt about that.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Yeah, it's crazy that Crabtree couldn't thrive in the Mike Singletary/Greg Roman aerial system

An older Anquan Boldin came in and supplanted him granted he had an Achilles pop at one point

Anquan Boldin is a very special player though and, arguably, Crabtree looked pretty damn close to Amare Cooper when he was in Oakland.
Originally posted by All22:
Anquan Boldin is a very special player though and, arguably, Crabtree looked pretty damn close to Amare Cooper when he was in Oakland.

Anquan was one of my favorite WRs even before he came to the Niners. Just a full-on bully with great hands to boot. Still the best WR on this team since TO
Originally posted by okdkid:
WR1 in SF.

Soon to be WR1 in the NFL.

THIS
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Anyone that plays fantasy football should draft this guy. I bet he's going to be available in the later rounds and will be a steal

I hate drafting in the city of SF sometimes lol. One year someone took Jimmy G in like the 3rd round

4th round probably the latest I'll be able to grab Aiyuk
[ Edited by 91til on Aug 3, 2021 at 8:19 PM ]
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
"So, if he can come off the ball like he's supposed to every play, he's kind of an unguardable guy."

any idea what deebo means by these comments specifically?

is he referring to his explosion? or is he just inconsistent with lining up

pretty sure he means like his first step at the snap of the ball
Originally posted by 91til:

I hate drafting in the city of SF sometimes lol. One year someone took Jimmy G in like the 3rd round

That sucks. Maybe join a random yahoo league for s**ts and giggles
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't think Crabtree had the right mindset to live up to his potential. I remember being so pumped when he fell to us but it could partly be due to our QB play, some injury stuff but he never got close to the level of where everyone thought he would be. I mean 2 1k seasons and just barely over it to show for his career?

Pretty disappointing all things considered and I don't think it was a talent issue.

Yeah, it's crazy that Crabtree couldn't thrive in the Mike Singletary/Greg Roman aerial system

Don't forget the Neanderthal Harbaugh and his dunderhead "goal line offense" approach to the game

dude has the quickest/fastest feet of any of our wr, fun to watch this in the wr drills... when dude sticks his breaks he makes DBs fan
Usually a pretty good podcast, even if it is a little sponsor heavy at times. A few f-bombs scattered throughout, so consider yourself warned.

That sucks. Maybe join a random yahoo league for s**ts and giggles

This is where I luck out. I'm commish for my department at work but our main office is right near Patriots home field. Somebody probably going to grab Bourne before Aiyuk off the board lol.
Aiyuk will have a hard time ever leading the league in receptions since Deebo and Kittle are going to get a large share of the targets. Then you have to consider the strong running game that limits the total number of passes. Aiyuk could play great and still not be among the stat leaders.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
"So, if he can come off the ball like he's supposed to every play, he's kind of an unguardable guy."

any idea what deebo means by these comments specifically?

is he referring to his explosion? or is he just inconsistent with lining up

pretty sure he means like his first step at the snap of the ball

it is this pretty much. Deebo is talking about that first move right after the snap. If you watch Aiyuk his one weakness, that you can spot at times, is that guys get a hand on him right off the snap. If he loses on a route it happens at the line of scrimmage, because he is already a monster if he has space. This isn't what I would call a big deal, it is just a matter of finding how you win. Some guys win with speed and shiftiness, some win with hand fighting and power. Brandon just needs to settle into his style at the NFL level. He has all the tools, I don't doubt he will get there sooner rather than later.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Aug 4, 2021 at 10:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone