LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

This is the year to bet the farm

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This draft is super deep in talent and we need ol help db help and speed on offense ....I think lynch should mortgage the future by trading away multiple future first and second rounders away to grab ruggs a top tackle and the top db in this draft it would totally change our team for the better .....ruggs on the slant would demolish teams trying to stop our run game the top db in this draft is projected to be a shutdown corner of course nothing is guaranteed but it would enable us to line up sherman against elite tight ends and a top tackle can play guard and solidify the interior ol untill staley retires .....all 3 areas need to be addressed and why not go for broke if it means having a big window to show for it
[ Edited by Hardcoreniner559 on Apr 1, 2020 at 11:50 AM ]
I'm in disagreement I say we hold onto our picks and trade back for more draft capital given how "deep" this draft is
Has anyone asked thomas if wants to play guard? suppose joe comes back for another year after this one (since we likely wont have a year). what happens then?
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Apr 1, 2020 at 1:31 PM ]
We already can get 2 really good players with our two first round picks. You said it yourself, this is a really deep draft so if we choose to we can trade down from 31 & turn that pick into 2, maybe 3 players. The plan you suggested isn't happening, Lynch and Shanahan have said over and over they want to build a sustainable winner.
Originally posted by matt49er:
We already can get 2 really good players with our two first round picks. You said it yourself, this is a really deep draft so if we choose to we can trade down from 31 & turn that pick into 2, maybe 3 players. The plan you suggested isn't happening, Lynch and Shanahan have said over and over they want to build a sustainable winner.

Yea but think about it we can get 3 players that will actually move the needle for a legit superbowl contender ....I've never been a bet the farm guy but we need to adress these 3 areas in order to be able to take down kc in a possible rematch ....I remember posting the year we drafted iupati and anthony davis that we should draft two ol guys and we did that year or playing boone at guard when people said he was to big to play guard and it worked I also posted in the Seahawks board when we dropped spikes in favor of bowman saying he was a willis clone and they lit me up on that like all previous times I just have that gut feeling if we make this kind of move we win the sb next year
[ Edited by Hardcoreniner559 on Apr 1, 2020 at 2:18 PM ]
Ruggs is a direct counter to teams looking to load the box a elite tackle prospect will be a great chance to move him or either of our current tackles to sure up the interior line since that's causing jimmy to hesitate most times .....and the db would be to have a elite db prospect that can play 1 on 1 with the offense best wr while sherman takes out there tight ends out the game and eman is no joke either so if kc brings 4 wr sets we are golden
If anyone showed that betting the farm isn't smart it's the Rams...

We're in good shape, no need to gamble the future for one year especially with the craziness of this offseason and uncertainty of what even happens this year.
Originally posted by genus49:

We're in good shape, no need to gamble the future for one year especially with the craziness of this offseason and uncertainty of what even happens this year.

Exactly. Get a speedy receiver (hopefully Ruggs) to counter what teams what to do against us offensively. It also looks like the team wants to have a a 2nd legit option at TE. With one or two move downs with pick 31 along with our usual overachieving day 3 pick, we can really solidify our future with some young talent on low contracts. No need to move like that unless we had the current draft capital or more players to trade.

You absolutely NAILED it!

We are in very good shape and in need of upgrading a few positions.

IMO, it will be a lot like last year w/the same teams in the playoffs plus one w/the new format.

Not sure who that team would be and I don't recall last years stats who that team could have been?

Dallas??

Bears too and now they have doubled down with aging FA acquisitions.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Exactly. Get a speedy receiver (hopefully Ruggs) to counter what teams what to do against us offensively. It also looks like the team wants to have a a 2nd legit option at TE. With one or two move downs with pick 31 along with our usual overachieving day 3 pick, we can really solidify our future with some young talent on low contracts. No need to move like that unless we had the current draft capital or more players to trade.

Well, that would be nice but the only problem is , it is tough for Jimmy to hit a shiny new WR /and or TE, if he is flat on his back with some DTs cleats on his faceguard.
The Rams are paying for "betting the farm"

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/4/10/21215840/the-rams-are-paying-1-5-of-their-salary-cap-to-players-that-are-no-longer-on-their-roster
Nope. Its ne wr a wise move in football. Maybe basketball if you have a GOAT on his last legs, it may be wise. But this team. This team needs to add better pass protectors and acquire another top flight WR.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/4/10/21215840/the-rams-are-paying-1-5-of-their-salary-cap-to-players-that-are-no-longer-on-their-roster

They are. But if they had won the Super Bowl it would have been worth it.

The real answer is "it depends".

Because sometimes trading away future picks is a good thing. But it's risky. I say we keep them but for the right price I'd trade for a solid CB.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

They are. But if they had won the Super Bowl it would have been worth it.

The real answer is "it depends".

Because sometimes trading away future picks is a good thing. But it's risky. I say we keep them but for the right price I'd trade for a solid CB.

The "Reality" is - they didn't win the Super Bowl.

AND last season they didn't even come close to the playoffs.

IMO, they'll still pay a price this upcoming season too.

3 seasons down the drain on "betting the farm"

No Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone