LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

2020-21 49er Offseason Signings: Has winning and contending created a new culture for us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Hi all,

My hope is that this thread does not mirror others. If so, please close it. If it doesn't....

With news coming in that we are very likely to keep AA, and at some sort of discount, I wanted to start a thread that charted whether or not our recent success, minus sealing the deal in the SB, had changed our fortunes when it came to re-signing our players, maybe even for less, and if would lead to other NFL vets wanting to come to the Bay to play for a winner. In other words, has the culture changed? Are we now, despite the Super Bowl loss, the team on the cusp of becoming something special? Are we the neo-New England?

Off season moves:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/135514-2020-49ers-free-agency-tracker/
[ Edited by fropwns on Mar 18, 2020 at 2:16 PM ]
Well I trust this front office more than the previous ones. They seem to be making good decisions.

With that said, I hope we get a good receiver some how. We need one.
Not changed much in NT.

But I do see the team being built for the long term. And it is working imo.
Originally posted by English:
Not changed much in NT.

Agreed. We are building not only for this season shot at a Super Bowl, but every year being able to compete for Super Bowls
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by English:
Not changed much in NT.

Agreed. We are building not only for this season shot at a Super Bowl, but every year being able to compete for Super Bowls

This
They definitely set the team up to add 1 or 2 impact players in the draft on rookie deals.
It usually takes rookie WR's a year to get up to speed. Maybe if the coronavirus bans 2020 games we can be one of the few teams to make it to a superbowl in back to back league years.
I sure hope so. We have to have another big draft like last year. Have to hit an impact player with that Buckner pick and bring in young talent to improve the roster and allow us to have cheap players who can contribute in big ways to help guys who will be lost due to cap reasons moving forward.

Also biggest thing in becoming the next big team is consistency at QB so hopefully Jimmy gets fully healed from that ACL and really takes his game up a notch. Jeudy/Lamb or my favorite - Ruggs would certainly help.
Originally posted by ltrain:
It usually takes rookie WR's a year to get up to speed. Maybe if the coronavirus bans 2020 games we can be one of the few teams to make it to a superbowl in back to back league years.

That has not been the case recently.

AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Deebo Samuel

All had big years for their squads.
Originally posted by genus49:
I sure hope so. We have to have another big draft like last year. Have to hit an impact player with that Buckner pick and bring in young talent to improve the roster and allow us to have cheap players who can contribute in big ways to help guys who will be lost due to cap reasons moving forward.

Also biggest thing in becoming the next big team is consistency at QB so hopefully Jimmy gets fully healed from that ACL and really takes his game up a notch. Jeudy/Lamb or my favorite - Ruggs would certainly help.

I concur. I want Ruggs (lamb or Jeudy will suffice) "I want viper!"

Do you know what f**k it tray the 31st pick for Odell Beckham Jr. all these other teams are making huge moves

Originally posted by ltrain:

Perhaps, but although we'd all love a receiver to be candidate for OROY, it isn't a necessity for them to make an impact on this team. With Samuel, Mostert and co, and Kittle, we need the rookie receiver to be a threat to make defenses pay for over focus on those other guys. Granted, we don't have to draft anyone at 13 to do that, but taking a receiver at 13 increases the likelihood that said player will become an impact player themselves.
Dont let one fluke year fool ya.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Why do we want Phillip dorsett?
Definitely. [TROLLS IGNORED]
Share 49ersWebzone