There are 657 users in the forums

Jamycal Hasty RB Baylor

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Gonna continue to say that Pettis should have never made the team over him.

Yes we get it you hate Pettis lol

I hate nobody.

why you callin pettis a nobody?
That was pretty "catty"
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Last week Shanny said they kept him protected so no other team could add him to their roster.

Yeah he wasn't going anywhere.

He knows that Shanny will make him a star in this system.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Last week Shanny said they kept him protected so no other team could add him to their roster.

Yeah he wasn't going anywhere.

He knows that Shanny will make him a star in this system.
He wasn't protected before that and that is when he was offerred to sign somewhere else is the way i took that tweet

I hate nobody.

Lol you dislike him very much

He should've never have even been drafted

I agree. Hasty has that drive and want! Pettis could never muster up 1/4 of Hasty's energy no matter how hard he tries.
Pettis mentally doesn't have it. Hasty mentally wants it like it's the last day of his life
  • titan
  • Veteran

So he is loyal, hardworking, and talented. Sound like a Real Niner...Pay the man!!!
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
I hope the 49ers start JaMychal Hasty against the Seahawks. He's a more dynamic back than Tevin Coleman. I will be happy to have Coleman back fro depth, but Hasty proved last week he can make explosive plays. I'm worried our offense will bog down with Coleman starting, and getting most of the snaps. Right now I rank Mostert, Wilson and Hasty 1,2,3 as our running backs.

Totally agree

Originally posted by titan:

So he is loyal, hardworking, and talented. Sound like a Real Niner...Pay the man!!!

Damn. Even he knew this team is injury prone

Originally posted by pdizo916:

Damn. Even he knew this team is injury prone

Lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

BALOGNY... i like the guy and all, but stop the FAKE NEWS...

what back would turn down a roster spot when you have MOSTERT-COLEMAN-JET-WILSON ahead of you?

NFL Drama..
We haven't seen much of Hasty, but what little we have seen makes us want to see more. He is in the mold of mostert and Wilson, slash and dash with incredible speed moves and change of direction on a thin dime. The more I see, the more i like.

I hate nobody.

Lol you dislike him very much

I dislike him for this team. I didn't want us to draft him for all the reasons we've seen. It's not personal to him, it was always what he don't bring to this team. I think Pettis has taught Shanny a hard lesson about staffing for his scheme vs. for staffing for the realities of the NFL. When we drafted him I said then that you cannot stock your WR corps with a bunch of basically slot WR's and expect success. To a large degree Shanny is still working through this lesson. When Pettis was drafted I felt that his skillset was already on the roster. In my mind we only really had one WR on the roster who really didn't need the aid of scheme to get himself open consistently - Pierre Garçon. The rest were just speedy slot WR's with Bourne as the consistent possession WR (as he still is).

I knew BEFORE we drafted him that Pettis had serious commitment to football issues. When I was doing my mock research on him I sniffed commitment issues with him. But more than any of those warts I sniffed a strong odor of lack of toughness, just bare naked softness. More than anything this was something that REALLY bothered me, and when we drafted him I freely admit that it got under me good. Look, I've been coaching football and scouting for more than 15 years now. The two things I cannot stand in a player is a lack of touchiness and lack of commitment to the game. Nothing so turns me off on a player than lacking those two attributes. When I spot those deficiencies I sour on that player pretty quickly, talent be damned. Those things are like speed - you can't teach it. Either you have it or you don't. You simply can't coach, and as Shanny is learning you can't scheme, around those deficiencies. Those kind of players waste a lot of coaches time and resources. Trust me, I wasted a lot of both on the very same type of players like Donte Pettis, and have developed a strong nose to avoid them. So my stance against Pettis comes from experience with dealing with players like him. Nothing personal to him.

So yes, Pettis had no business being drafted by the 49ers, and even less business making the team over Jamycal Hasty.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Oct 28, 2020 at 9:19 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

HE HASTEEE ME !!!

WATAHHHBUGGGGG !!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone