LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 163 users in the forums

Your Favourite Niners Super Bowl Team? (or, Rank 1-8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Favourite Niners Super Bowl Team? (or, Rank 1-8)

Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by Niners_D:
Originally posted by Niner_N_Caroliner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
On KNBR Donte Whitner said he thinks the 2012 team celebrated too much during the week, and thats why they came out so flat. He said it really took the power outage to help give everyone time to catch their breath and settle down. Considering we dominated the 2nd half and still almost won, its safe to say we should have won if we had just came in prepared. It made me so mad to hear that. Harbaugh didn't have the team ready. How can you fall victim to not being ready from too much partying???

There are multiple schools of thought on this. There are plenty who believe a team should enjoy themselves and stay loose. Some teams play too tight because they have been burdened with being overworked and over-prepared.

Maybe this was the wrong tactic to take for the 2012. We will never know. I for one am just happy and thankful for the exciting 3 year run Harbaugh and Co gave us. Some of the best teams and best moments ever.

Shanny needs to dress up like a bellhop.

Neon Deion laughed and clowned his way through the Super Bowl build-up in 1994. He said afterwards that the team was too tight and he was doing it on purpose to lighten things up.

Deion is also the most talented CB of all time, and a super laid back guy. Him taking the DB's out on the town might have been ok for the 1994 powerhouse team against the Chargers, but we cant afford to have guys goofing around in Miami. I don't think they will, considering how prepared and focused Shanahan has had them this year, but every year theres a weird off field incident or distraction by one team that usually ends up being the one losing the game.

Stay distraction free. Enjoy it up to your heart's content AFTER you win. Plan a 2 week party in Miami after the SB and do it then.

Didn't Crabtree's rape allegations come during SB week? And remember Chris Culliver getting tricked into making anti-LGBT comments by those shock jocks on media day? The week before the SB always makes me nervous. So easy to throw your team off its routine.
On KNBR Donte Whitner said he thinks the 2012 team celebrated too much during the week, and thats why they came out so flat. He said it really took the power outage to help give everyone time to catch their breath and settle down. Considering we dominated the 2nd half and still almost won, its safe to say we should have won if we had just came in prepared. It made me so mad to hear that. Harbaugh didn't have the team ready. How can you fall victim to not being ready from too much partying???

There are multiple schools of thought on this. There are plenty who believe a team should enjoy themselves and stay loose. Some teams play too tight because they have been burdened with being overworked and over-prepared.

Maybe this was the wrong tactic to take for the 2012. We will never know. I for one am just happy and thankful for the exciting 3 year run Harbaugh and Co gave us. Some of the best teams and best moments ever.

Neon Deion laughed and clowned his way through the Super Bowl build-up in 1994. He said afterwards that the team was too tight and he was doing it on purpose to lighten things up.

Deion is also the most talented CB of all time, and a super laid back guy. Him taking the DB's out on the town might have been ok for the 1994 powerhouse team against the Chargers, but we cant afford to have guys goofing around in Miami. I don't think they will, considering how prepared and focused Shanahan has had them this year, but every year theres a weird off field incident or distraction by one team that usually ends up being the one losing the game.

Stay distraction free. Enjoy it up to your heart's content AFTER you win. Plan a 2 week party in Miami after the SB and do it then.

Didn't Crabtree's rape allegations come during SB week? And remember Chris Culliver getting tricked into making anti-LGBT comments by those shock jocks on media day? The week before the SB always makes me nervous. So easy to throw your team off its routine.

That was actually the friday before the NFC Championship, I was LIVID! The Chris Culliver s**t was annoying af too. the whole PC Culture was on the rise around that time too. Fortunately this team has less dumbasses than Harbaughs Niners

Yikes, I forgot about those. Hopefully the most embarrassing moments are brought up to players in advance. Eugene Robinson of the Falcons getting the outstanding character award the day before getting arrested for solicitation of prostitution was the worst.
55-10
1) 1989
2) 1981
3) 1988
4) 1984
5) 1994
6) 2019
7) 2012
Talking to Niner fans in their teens and 20's is always kind of odd for me. They have never had the opportunity to experience a SB win or what it's like to be the feared or revered dynasty. I imagine this will be like 1981 for them.
this year's team is my fav and that's because ive never seen a time so united together as this team is.
For me it's 94. I was a bit young for the late 80s team to really know much about the game, and was kid during the early 80s. Always felt like those 90s teams should have won 1 or 2 more, but effing Cowboys... then the packers...
[ Edited by Joshuar56 on Jan 21, 2020 at 12:43 PM ]
Talking to Niner fans in their teens and 20's is always kind of odd for me. They have never had the opportunity to experience a SB win or what it's like to be the feared or revered dynasty. I imagine this will be like 1981 for them.

This was us for the better part of two and a half decades! I find it hard to get used to today's salary cap era of football.

I remember when I didn't see a AFC team win a super bowl for like 10-12 straight years, during the Niner Dynasty dominance.

Yikes, I forgot about those. Hopefully the most embarrassing moments are brought up to players in advance. Eugene Robinson of the Falcons getting the outstanding character award the day before getting arrested for solicitation of prostitution was the worst.

How about Super Bowl XXXVII when Raiders pro bowl center Barret Robbins went missing a couple days before the Raiders - Bucs Super Bowl? I'm sure Lynch remembers that lol.

How about Super Bowl XXXVII when Raiders pro bowl center Barret Robbins went missing a couple days before the Raiders - Bucs Super Bowl? I'm sure Lynch remembers that lol.

Falcons S Eugene Robinson getting the hooker cop, Bengals RB Stanley Wilson being found strung out on coke the night before the game, Barrett Robbins having a mental breakdown and disappearing, etc.

If Reuben Foster was still on the team id be terrified.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
This was us for the better part of two and a half decades! I find it hard to get used to today's salary cap era of football.

I remember when I didn't see a AFC team win a super bowl for like 10-12 straight years, during the Niner Dynasty dominance.

So true. Every year they would say that the NFC championship was basically the SB. All you have to do is look at the mis-matches during that period.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

So true. Every year they would say that the NFC championship was basically the SB. All you have to do is look at the mis-matches during that period.

Yes, that became the norm back then.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Yes, that became the norm back then.

Here's the point spreads for some of the games back then
1998 Packers favored by11 over the Broncos Packers covered
1997 Packers favored by 14 over the Pats push
1996 Cowboys by 13.5 over the Steelers Cowboys won but didn't cover
1995 Niners by 18.5 over the Chargers covered
1994 Cowboys by 10.5 over the Bills covered
1990 Niners by 12 over the Broncos wow did we cover
1987 Giants by 9.5 over the Broncos covered
1986 Bears by 10 over the Pats covered

From 1982 thru 1997 the NFC was favored every year except 1983 when the Redskins upset the Dolphins, 1988 when the Redskins upset the Broncos and 1991 when the Giants upset the Bills. that's 16 straight years where the AFC couldn't win or beat the spread. That's dominance.
no question the 89 team was far and away the most dominant.
Share 49ersWebzone