There are 279 users in the forums

This should help end the doubts about who we are and where we are going as an organization

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28483589/how-kyle-shanahan-san-francisco-49ers-weaponized-team-history
Excellent, must read for any 49er fan.
The new dynasty.
Nice to be reconnected. Niners lost connection to the dynasty for close to 20 years. The common denominator is the offense. While Kyle's offense isn't exactly the WCO of the old. His offense is the closest, neo iteration of it.

Once McCarthy left. The connection was lost. It was just trying to get any decent offense into the building.

Now with Kyle, the offense is championship capable and staple offense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 15, 2020 at 9:32 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i do not know about a new dynasty but i was wrong on lots of levels about the direction of our team under lynch. kyle was fine with me. but starting with the jimmy trade sherman signing. i started to see what others said they saw despite the cj years. with the nfl i will take it one year at a time but they have built something special.. now if they blow it and lose to the packers i will request a one month time out because i will be pissed and will not be able to appreciate the good year we have had, that will take time,. i do not expect us to lose. there is no logical reason we should lose and we should win by ten.
Good stuff. At least ESPN's writing content is better than their television
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Good stuff. At least ESPN's writing content is better than their television

you mean you are not a fan of booger?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
its not homerism. but steve young is the best they have on espn when it comes to breaking stuff down and explaining things
Let's win one super bowl before talking about dynasties

I vividly remember everyone calling the Harbaalke 49ers the next dynasty by year 2 and...... yeah

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Let's win one super bowl before talking about dynasties

I vividly remember everyone calling the Harbaalke 49ers the next dynasty by year 2 and...... yeah

agree. his brand of football has a short shelf life in the nfl
In this era where players move around so much, a real dynasty (8-10 years) or more is really hard to build. Three to 5 year windows are much more likely. I know people will point to the Pats but they had the perfect storm of QB, coach, weak conference and weaker division for 20 years. It's unlikely that happens again. If we win the SB we face tough competition in our own division next year and beyond so repeating is going to be tough.
Originally posted by cciowa:
its not homerism. but steve young is the best they have on espn when it comes to breaking stuff down and explaining things

Steve is one of the smartest players to have played. The guy was a law major and would have 300 of Mike's plays memorized with the reads vs every coverage they would be called against and their audibles before each game.
He talked about how he was, "like rain man" going through each and every play with Mike before the games.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
In this era where players move around so much, a real dynasty (8-10 years) or more is really hard to build. Three to 5 year windows are much more likely. I know people will point to the Pats but they had the perfect storm of QB, coach, weak conference and weaker division for 20 years. It's unlikely that happens again. If we win the SB we face tough competition in our own division next year and beyond so repeating is going to be tough.

The Pats also created a culture where there was so much faith and belief in their organization from top to bottom that they became a haven for players wanting to get a ring before they left. So, they've been getting great talent at discounted rates for years.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
The Pats also created a culture where there was so much faith and belief in their organization from top to bottom that they became a haven for players wanting to get a ring before they left. So, they've been getting great talent at discounted rates for years.

The biggest discount was Brady. He was paid way less than his value compared to other QB's but he could afford it since he was married to a model who makes more than him. Jimmy needs to marry a movie star.

Maybe that could be the new formula for building a dynasty. Have someone in charge of matching key players with wealthy actresses and singers so they can take less money. Then we use all that extra money to sign free agents. We can call it matchalytics.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 15, 2020 at 10:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone