LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Which offense was the worst to watch?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which offense was the worst to watch?

The recent playoff drought thread got me nostalgic thinking about the poo years. For you, which offense was the worst to watch?

I didn't include the Jim Hostler year because that would win by a wide margin.
All of these are wrong. The correct answer is 2005.
The 2004 Ted Tollner offense was pretty brutal. Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey and BLloyd ducking over the middle. I agree with Fanatic though, 2005 was really bad under McCarthy especially when Alex was starting games. Although, at the end of the year, you could see Tank becoming a star. Maurice Hicks also had some moments.

The 2017 wasn't too bad because you could see glimpses of Shanny's brilliance, but he just lacked the horses to execute it.
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Dec 17, 2019 at 10:15 PM ]
This is the hardest poll that's ever been on this website
Jimmy Raye?

*takes a long drag from cigarette*

I haven't heard that name in years.

Jimmy Raye 2009 for sure.
Raye for sure, it was hand off to Frank and call it a day
The 2019 week 15 49ers.
Jim Hostler was such a disastrous hire. All the momentum from 06 went right down the drain with that idiot being in charge of playcalling. And to add insult to injury, he was on the ravens staff in 2012 so he won a ring at our expense

I would go with a tossup between 2005 and 2015 with Tomsula/Geep Chryst. Those were two miserable years, especially 2015 with Kap completely s**tting the bed and showing us he wasn't a FQB
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Jim Hostler was such a disastrous hire. All the momentum from 06 went right down the drain with that idiot being in charge of playcalling. And to add insult to injury, he was on the ravens staff in 2012 so he won a ring at our expense

I would go with a tossup between 2005 and 2015 with Tomsula/Geep Chryst. Those were two miserable years, especially 2015 with Kap completely s**tting the bed and showing us he wasn't a FQB

yep the 13.68 pts per game average confirms this
Those raye years we're pretty brutal tbh.

2007 easily would've won. I didnt vote 2004 because that was a college team. 2017 was pretty good for a bad team. The 2017 offense in the Singletary years would've got us in the playoffs. But in terms of talent verses production, the Raye years were the worse.
The Raygun offense was pretty bad.. started the year off well with a big win and then just like his offense it was 3 yards then a cloud of dust.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
All of these are wrong. The correct answer is 2005.

I didn't include that just because it was hard to consider Mike McC and first year Alex as we knew it was going to be pure growing pains. While it was pretty rough there was hope at the end when we won the last 2 games.
Only reason I put Shanny's first year with Hoyer Beathard was just because of how brutal it was watching Beathard getting smashed every game, lol.
2009 Raye for sure, that team had enough talent on offense to be at least decent. Vernon Davis, Gore, Crabtree, Delainie Walker. Josh Morgan was a decent receiver (coach it came down like a punt)
WTF, no Hostler ...

Dude takes the cake.
Share 49ersWebzone