LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

Running Game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How can it be fixed???
  • thl408
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
How can it be fixed???

They need to block better. McG needs to be better. Dwelley is a huge step down as a blocker compared to Kittle. They also seem to have gotten away from all the jet/orbit presnap motion that they used earlier in the year to help confuse box defenders.
Easy fix, get Kittle back healthy!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Keep Jimmy throwing the ball successfully and dudes can't stack the box.

Get kittle back.

Get Breida back.
Start beating the other team through the air on deep passes.

That will keep the safeties back.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Stronger Right Guard. Person gets to the spot but no push
Originally posted by Garce:
Keep Jimmy throwing the ball successfully and dudes can't stack the box.

Get kittle back.

Get Breida back.

They're not stacking the box. We just can't block
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Stronger Right Guard. Person gets to the spot but no push

guards do need upgrading over the off season.
Keep throwing for 430+ yards when the defense is stacking the box.....Defenses aren't gonna want to allow that. When they start to respect the passing game the math gets easier in the box. Oh and get the best player on the roster back in Kittle.
Running game, running game, wherefore art thou running game?!?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
PATIENCE is the name of the game, baby !!

Instead of being cute w/our passing attack, Shanny needs to attack the D w/short passing and seam routes.. This should open up the D and will allow us to get back to having a great running game.

It's the old philosophy... D trying to stop the run, then we get them w/short passes... When they play the short passes, then we run..

IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!

GO NINERSSSSS !!!
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
How can it be fixed???

They need to block better. McG needs to be better. Dwelley is a huge step down as a blocker compared to Kittle. They also seem to have gotten away from all the jet/orbit presnap motion that they used earlier in the year to help confuse box defenders.

Agreed...I have no idea why Kyle has gotten away with all that motion pre-snap Brain Baldinger just put a clip up explaining how important Kittle is to the running game and how Dwelley isn't even close to Kittle as a blocker.

edit:

Here's the clip

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 19, 2019 at 10:01 AM ]
I don't think there's much wrong with it. Just that teams realized they have a better chance to beat us by selling their soul to stop the run first. Score has been close in games when teams load up the box. Score has not been close when they don't.

SEA game would have been handled if it weren't for the drops.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Running game, running game, wherefore art thou running game?!?

Running game in the first mouth before Juice's injury was at 200 ypg. That's a little much to expect when you don't have a running QB. However, I think this team can and will rush at the 140+ level once George gets back and assuming Juice stays healthy. Until then you really have to have an old Bill Walsh approach of passing to almost set up the run. Jimmy was 300+ in the first Zona game, 400+ in the second zona game and really should have been 300+ in the seattle game if the WR just would have had a bad game and not an almost catastrophic type drop game. Now I don't think this is gonna be the way to get to where we ultimately want to go but in the mean time it will have to suffice. I suspect you will see the screen game dialed up more and I agree with Thl the ghost/jet motion sweep stuff needs to be brought back at an increased level.
Execute Better!!
Share 49ersWebzone