There are 203 users in the forums

Does this team need to get blown out once this season to bring them back to earth?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Supr9er:
Originally posted by Esco:
Are some of you actually buying into the narrative that some are trying to peddle that the team is overconfident?

Wouldn't say it's a narrative, just a factor of the human existence. When you win all the time you don't learn as much from your mistakes and you don't know how to deal with adversity when it comes.

Two teams in different sports I can think of here:

2011 Packers were 15-1 and steamrolled through reg season. They eventually got blasted by Giants in divisional at home!

2019 Dodgers - One of best regular seasons in a while with 106 wins but lost in divisional to Nats.

We need to lose a few games in reg season for sure and deal with adversity!

This team.has been losing for like 5 straught years tho. Most of the guys on our team have done their fair share of losing so I dont think we're overconfident.

We'll lose a game. Its gonna happen. But we dont NEED to lose. And we definitely dont need to get laughed. We NEED to win. 6-0 is great but there's still a long way to go. I think the team knows that.
Yes, and the pats are appreciative that the giants humbled them with one loss in 2007.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Nah
Originally posted by thl408:
Do I need to get hit by a car to reinforce the importance of looking both ways?
no

Unfortunately, some people do.
They will probably lose a game or two somewhere in the year. It's better to do that in the regular season if possible. It's hard to go undefeated.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Yes, and the pats are appreciative that the giants humbled them with one loss in 2007.

And that didn't just bring them back to earth but also "stuck between a rock and a hard place"
It'll hurt, but if there's something to expose, better to have it done in the regular season than once in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone