LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 221 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at WASHINGTON REDSKINS - 2019 Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some observations from DC on the weather conditions:

We got a pretty good soaking overnight, so the field will be a bit sloppy. I'v heard the grounds crew at FedEx interviewed on local radio in the past and they explain that the FedEx playing surface is a compromise due to DC's habit of starting the football season with typically Southern conditions and ending the season with typically Northeastern conditions. As such, the surface plays a bit sloppier than it otherwise should. Fortunately, there hasn't been a hard freeze this year, so the turf shouldn't be the sort of disaster that it often is when the weather turns cold and wet.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

We got a pretty good soaking overnight, so the field will be a bit sloppy. I'v heard the grounds crew at FedEx interviewed on local radio in the past and they explain that the FedEx playing surface is a compromise due to DC's habit of starting the football season with typically Southern conditions and ending the season with typically Northeastern conditions. As such, the surface plays a bit sloppier than it otherwise should. Fortunately, there hasn't been a hard freeze this year, so the turf shouldn't be the sort of disaster that it often is when the weather turns cold and wet.

Is it suppose to rain during the game?
No injuries
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, this mornings forecast has 80+% at kickoff, tailing off to high fifty percents toward the end of regulation. It looks like it will be a wet game that drys a bit, if at all, toward the fourth quarter. The good thing is that it's a slow, drizzly kind of rain, not big sheets of downpour. I think it'll be like a typical rainy November game at the Stick--minus the wind.

Also, it's going to be a bit chilly, the forecast has temps flirting with 60F, but not breaking it.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 20, 2019 at 5:22 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
No injuries

I'll take twenty helpings of this, please.
It's a rainy day here in DC, headed to the park shortly hopefully it's not too bad.

Hope they packed their long spikes!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, this mornings forecast has 80+% at kickoff, tailing off to high fifty percents toward the end of regulation. It looks like it will be a wet game that drys a bit, if at all, toward the fourth quarter. The good thing is that it's a slow, drizzly kind of rain, not big sheets of downpour. I think it'll be like a typical rainy November game at the Stick--minus the wind.

Also, it's going to be a bit chilly, the forecast has temps flirting with 60F, but not breaking it.

Thanks, sounds like old Candlestick weather.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 20, 2019 at 5:37 AM ]
I can confirm the stadium will be packed with Niner fans. Pretty sure we bought out the hotel right across the street from the stadium.

Perfect for the #2 ranked running game
Originally posted by Stanley:
I can confirm the stadium will be packed with Niner fans. Pretty sure we bought out the hotel right across the street from the stadium.

Yeah buddy!!!!! Represent

Here we go NINERS!!!!!!!

Breida for 175 all purpose yards today you heard it here first
Game day!!!!!

Beat the Deadskins, go 6-0. Let's Goooo!!!!

The field is a legit concern here. We saw how the run game struggled last game without both starting tackles and no Juice. Breida was a bit gimpy after that ankle tackle and speed can always be kept in check esp. lateral speed of an OZ running attack on a sloppy field. We might see more IZ this game and varied runs inside.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OGNiner89:
Here we go NINERS!!!!!!!

And Coleman with 100 rushing yards.
Originally posted by OGNiner89:
Here we go NINERS!!!!!!!

And Coleman with 100 rushing yards.

He's really added a burst of energy. He might even be quicker than Breida but it's close.
Share 49ersWebzone