There are 205 users in the forums

B E L I E V E - The Time is NOW!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersam-II:
It's amazing how the power of confidence and believing in your own capabilities could catapult you to even higher accomplishments.

I believe that if this 49ers team gain that needed confidence, drive, and ambition of a lifetime that they are Superbowl capable this year!

Let's build up their confidence and beliefs, just believe!!

Are you with me? (John Gruden Style LOL)

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Sus, i love you and get your shtick but even you should admit it won't be a miracle, brother.

Im not expecting it but it be great if it happens. The last 6 games are tough.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
me too. which team do you consider "quality"? browns? rams? hawks?
I'd say the rams and hawks, the browns are still unproven.
Originally posted by susweel:
Im not expecting it but it be great if it happens. The last 6 games are tough. I'd say the rams and hawks, the browns are still unproven.

id agree with that. Ive been paying attention to the rams and hawks more than other teams, and while i hesitate to say it. . . they look beatable.

that sure as s**t doesn't mean anything at this point. here's hoping right?!
Been a believer in the organization under Shanny and Lynch since the day they took over. It hasn't and won't always be pretty, but the record speaks for itself. A few mistakes aside they have put together a damn good team capable of contending in year three.

I trace the fall of the golden era 49ers (and subsequent dark ages) to Mike Shanahan's departure after 1994. We had shots in '98, '11, '12, and '13 but choked (or suffered injury), beyond that we were never anything better than also-ran status and most of the time much worse. Kyle Shanahan has re-forged the line and has every chance to bring us back to prominence.

We've had a lot of luck, some bad, but most of it good. Most of all Bill Belichik's hand was forced so he traded away the Patriots' long term future at QB. The 49ers became the beneficiary of that event. Secondly our FQB goes down in week three and we end up with arguably the best player in the draft an impact position of major need.

There is a long way to go, but if we remain healthy we have as good a shot as any to win the Super Bowl this season. Garoppolo will go through the bumps this season that he missed out on last season, but ultimately will be better for those bumps. We have perhaps the best offensive play caller in the game with a ton of weapons and a great defense to play with. What is there not to be excited about? I mean who has it better than us?
Pump the brakes everyone. Yes, we are a good competitive football team and SHOULD be in every game, but we are not a Super Bowl team yet. 10-6 and a playoff berth would be an awesome year. Sorry, but far too many people our either under or overreacting to the Niner start!
Originally posted by pickle:
Pump the brakes everyone. Yes, we are a good competitive football team and SHOULD be in every game, but we are not a Super Bowl team yet. 10-6 and a playoff berth would be an awesome year. Sorry, but far too many people our either under or overreacting to the Niner start!

You're saying we are still a year or two away? I'm not sure I agree that we will be any better than we are right now.... ever. We can improve in areas for sure, but we are at the point where we will start losing talent as fast as we gain it.

If we are waiting to have pro bowl talent at every position before we consider ourselves "contenders", it's going to be a long wait.

And it just so happens that we currently lack the most talent at the positions we can scheme around.... almost like it was on purpose.

I'm not claiming we've arrived.... I'm simply contending that we may not improve upon what we currently have regarding talent
This team can win this. 💯
Last years team would be 1-2
Would have beat the Bengals and lost to the Steelers and Bucs
You're saying we are still a year or two away? I'm not sure I agree that we will be any better than we are right now.... ever. We can improve in areas for sure, but we are at the point where we will start losing talent as fast as we gain it.

If we are waiting to have pro bowl talent at every position before we consider ourselves "contenders", it's going to be a long wait.

And it just so happens that we currently lack the most talent at the positions we can scheme around.... almost like it was on purpose.

I'm not claiming we've arrived.... I'm simply contending that we may not improve upon what we currently have regarding talent

I'm saying we have weaknesses that can and will be exploited as the season moves forward that can be filled with quality drafting and free agency (which has happened in the past 3 off seasons). Realistically, these injuries will continue to challenge our depth, which we don't really have, especially on oline and defensive backfield--why do you think they continue to sign and shuffle those positions on the practice squad. I agree that Shanny can scheme around most offensive weaknesses, but this thread is talking about competing for the Super Bowl--did you watch how good New Orleans and Dallas were in that Sunday battle. I am just trying to be realistic.
Originally posted by pickle:

I'm saying we have weaknesses that can and will be exploited as the season moves forward that can be filled with quality drafting and free agency (which has happened in the past 3 off seasons). Realistically, these injuries will continue to challenge our depth, which we don't really have, especially on oline and defensive backfield--why do you think they continue to sign and shuffle those positions on the practice squad. I agree that Shanny can scheme around most offensive weaknesses, but this thread is talking about competing for the Super Bowl--did you watch how good New Orleans and Dallas were in that Sunday battle. I am just trying to be realistic.

I think our depth is our strength, except for the Oline and defensive back field. I don't think New Orleans or Dallas have markedly more talent than us, and am surprised you mention that game as your measuring stick.

I don't know if we have what it takes to go deep in the playoffs.... I'll be more informed after the Rams game. But I do binge watch Sunday ticket, and I don't see any teams out there that are completely out of our league. I'm not sure I would have said that after week 3, but week 4 showed that anyone is beatable

In any case, we're both fans..... and this is the most fun I've had watching the niners in years :)

Leggo niners!
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 1, 2019 at 7:31 PM ]

It would be awesome to play Braday and the Patriots in the SB and beat them up, winning the game like we used to win SBs.

Plus...

wait, wait...

here it is - make it Braday's last game ever - yey!

There you go, my prediction!

Let's go 49ers!
[ Edited by 49ersam-II on Oct 1, 2019 at 7:37 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Last years team would be 1-2
Would have beat the Bengals and lost to the Steelers and Bucs

I think our record would've been a toss up between 0-3 and 0-2-1
Stickem ftw
Let's be realistic. The defense is GOOD! I'm not saying it's great or all time, but it is good. The offense looks like more time, more improvement. This team has been through some serious growing pains in the past that have actually seasoned them and taught them quite a bit. And watching them play, there is evidence that not only are they talented and confident, they don't show any signs of overconfidence. Questions are: did we catch the Bucs and the Bengals at the right time? Do the Steelers stink that bad that they can't take over a game after being given the ball 5 times? Do the Rams suck that badly or did the Bucs catch that one bad game? Are the Browns coming around? Whatever is going on, the Niners cannot be concerned about other teams other than their schemes and how to stop them; i.e. how to set the edges and keep gurls from getting outside the tackle box, turning him inside and allowing the backers to wash him up. I believe I am going to enjoy this season seeing the Niners impose their will on teams week in and week out, make the playoffs, and make a strong push for a Championship
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

This still makes me lol
Share 49ersWebzone