LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Who Was Your Pick in The 4th?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Personally I think we reached a bit but since there so many experts here let's bump this in a year and see who's performed.

My pick was, I don't have a clue.

Past picks

Kentavius Street
Joe Williams
Rashard Robinson
DeAndre Smelter
Bruce Ellington/Dontae Johnson
Quinton Patten/Marcus Lattimore
Joe Looney
Kendall Hunter
Cody Wallace
Originally posted by Jiks:
Personally I think we reached a bit but since there so many experts here let's bump this in a year and see who's performed.

Past picks

Kentavius Street
Joe Williams
Rashard Robinson
DeAndre Smelter
Joe Looney
Kendall Hunter
Cody Wallace

Exactly. The irony is most everyone loved the Lattimore pick, and most everyone hates the Wishnowsky pick.

Wishnowsky probably ends up a Pro Bowler, and Lattimore never played a down.
Yikes, that list is doo doo. Hunter had a couple productive seasons behind Frankie and I feel bad for Marcus Lattimore. The rest is sewage. Hopefully Street ends up contributing as quality depth. I was hoping for a DB in the 4th but I'm coming around on Wishnowsky as I learn more and more about him. If he does the things he did consistently at Utah, and flips field position for us, we'll love him. I have a feeling he won't shank every 3rd attempt like Pinion did. On a side note, I still crack up at the fact that the Jags took Bryan Anger in the 3rd with Russell Wilson on the board and a need at QB.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Past picks

Kentavius Street
Joe Williams
Rashard Robinson
DeAndre Smelter
Joe Looney
Kendall Hunter
Cody Wallace

Exactly. The irony is most everyone loved the Lattimore pick, and most everyone hates the Wishnowsky pick.

Wishnowsky probably ends up a Pro Bowler, and Lattimore never played a down.
In 2013, the idea of redshirting was new to us all lol. We thought we had the next great back in Lattimore. 2 years later, I think most of us were over drafting injured players because we saw no results after 2 years (with MULTIPLE players).

My pick was CGJ. Could win the starting spot, gives competition, could push Ward off the roster. I think we could've ended up with everyone we drafted and still added 2 more picks with some trade backs. I do like our draft. I just think we jump the gun a bit when we like a player. However if the picks produce, it draft position won't matter at the end of the day.
Yeah I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who the slam dunk pick was in the 4th. While understanding that we most likely lose out on Wishnowsky before we pick in the 5th...
No trade down and take Chauncey Gardner Johnson.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
In 2013, the idea of redshirting was new to us all lol. We thought we had the next great back in Lattimore. 2 years later, I think most of us were over drafting injured players because we saw no results after 2 years (with MULTIPLE players).

My pick was CGJ. Could win the starting spot, gives competition, could push Ward off the roster. I think we could've ended up with everyone we drafted and still added 2 more picks with some trade backs. I do like our draft. I just think we jump the gun a bit when we like a player. However if the picks produce, it draft position won't matter at the end of the day.

CGJ was gone by 110
My pick was WIshnowsky and they should of traded up to pick up Utahs FG kicker in the 4th too. But Lynch can't win em all.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Apr 28, 2019 at 9:41 PM ]

Past picks

Kentavius Street
Joe Williams
Rashard Robinson
DeAndre Smelter
Joe Looney
Kendall Hunter
Cody Wallace

I think the parameters of this exercise should be anybody selected between 110 and 148, otherwise drafting a Punter with our 4th wouldn't have mattered anyway.
We lost the most value with the second to 3rd rounds by not trading down with so many good players left.

If I had to pick someone it probably would be Blake Cashman but he might not be a great fit for a 4-3.

I'm looking back I'm fine with the punter.

Originally posted by flynhayn15:

CGJ was gone by 110

I think he's saying rather than trade back we just take CGJ
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

CGJ was gone by 110

Yes and that's what I would have preferred for the record.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
My pick was WIshnowsky and they should of traded up to pick up Utahs FG kicker in the 4th too. But Lynch can't win em all.

Yeah, I was hoping that kicker would make it to us. Would of been nice to have them both on the team.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

CGJ was gone by 110

Yes and that's what I would have preferred for the record.

But we did trade back and got an extra 6th and our only OLineman of the draft. So if you can't change that. Who do you take between 110 and 148 that would make missing out on a the punter we wanted, worth it. PYMWYMI, and we will see if you are smarter than our FO in 5 years.

PS. CGJ dropped to the 4th round for a reason. All 32 teams knew something that the Mock Drafts didn't.
[ Edited by flynhayn15 on Apr 28, 2019 at 10:57 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
At least we know we got a starter with the 4th rounder.
Share 49ersWebzone