There are 244 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
It's not one game. He was given a pass last season, I'm not sure he can do it twice in a row.

Given a pass freshly off of scheming his way to a Super Bowl our offense otherwise had no business in? C'mon man.

It's the nature of the beast. Don't act surprised if it does happen.

i remember a time, when Harbaugh was fresh of 3 straight NFCC and SB appearance and the media was pushing for harbaugh to be gone after season.

He's made good moves,...he's made bad moves. But why are we in this position to begin with where we're disappointed we might not be favored to be in the Super Bowl with these injuries?

And who would you have lined up to take his job? Name a couple people.
You're taking my post the wrong way. I love Shanny, I don't want him to go anywhere. He's the best coach we've had in a long time. But another failed season and the media is going to come hunting and that's when rifts start happening within the org.
You're taking my post the wrong way. I love Shanny, I don't want him to go anywhere. He's the best coach we've had in a long time. But another failed season and the media is going to come hunting and that's when rifts start happening within the org.

Clearly, the 2021 draft was geared towards building for the future. For 2022 a major contract to unload and we should have a good amount of wiggle room to build a contender next year,...should be no doubt about it.

But this year has been wait and see from the beginning. We are waiting to see how a # of guys are going to step up if we're going to contend so if you penciled us in as division champs already without any patience for watching how we grow, that's kinda on you.

Clearly, the 2021 draft was geared towards building for the future. For 2022 a major contract to unload and we should have a good amount of wiggle room to build a contender next year,...should be no doubt about it.

But this year has been wait and see from the beginning. We are waiting to see how a # of guys are going to step up if we're going to contend so if you penciled us in as division champs already without any patience for watching how we grow, that's kinda on you.

According to odds makers, we have a SB contending team now. Many predicted us to either win the division or at least compete for it. Nobody in the media is talking about 2021 season as some building block for 2022. It wasnt a wait and see season as your painting it out to be. That's why we kept Jimmy because this roster was ready to compete for a championship now. If we don't make the playoffs and have a s**tty season with no #1 pick you bet your ass media is going to come hunting. And if that surprises you,then thats on you.

we have to win against the Eagles because if not we can realistically start the season 1-3 and it will be feasting time for the media.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Sep 16, 2021 at 4:14 PM ]
According to odds makers, we have a SB contending team now. Many predicted us to either win the division or at least compete for it. Nobody in the media is talking about 2021 season as some building block for 2022. It wasnt a wait and see season as your painting it out to be. That's why we kept Jimmy because this roster was ready to compete for a championship now. If we don't make the playoffs and have a s**tty season with no #1 pick you bet your ass media is going to come hunting. And if that surprises you,then thats on you.

we have to win against the Eagles because if not we can realistically start the season 1-3 and it will be feasting time for the media.

We have a starting QB that had a crap 2020 season and a good 2019 season. We had a # of injured guys in 2020 aside from him where we still need to see if they're fully back or not. I can name them but you should know.

We have vets we have replaced in major spots of need. There's alot of unknowns and we'll still be finding out who we really are week by week.

Odds are about BETTING,...not a true measurement of the strength of a team, so that's largely irrelevant. I'm not too up and not too down,...just going to enjoy finding out how good this team is.

We have a starting QB that had a crap 2020 season and a good 2019 season. We had a # of injured guys in 2020 aside from him where we still need to see if they're fully back or not. I can name them but you should know.

We have vets we have replaced in major spots of need. There's alot of unknowns and we'll still be finding out who we really are week by week.

Odds are about BETTING,...not a true measurement of the strength of a team, so that's largely irrelevant. I'm not too up and not too down,...just going to enjoy finding out how good this team is.

So, what exactly are you arguing? That he media shouldn't have had high expectation for this roster entering he season? Also, odds are always moving based information. And based on our team info and roster moves entering the season we had one of he best odds.
So, what exactly are you arguing?

I was arguing that our head coach is not on the hot seat, media to-be-damned. And regardless how upset you may be at injuries, that doesn't somehow instantly change.

They have 4 of the top 14 as NFC West teams. Injuries or not, we'll have our work cut out for us.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 16, 2021 at 4:32 PM ]

I was arguing that our head coach is not on the hot seat. And regardless how upset you may be at injuries, that doesn't somehow instantly change.

Why are you so focused on me? Lol I already stated why Shanny can get on the hot seat. You disagree fine, move on. No need to worry about me or how anybody else is handling all these injuries for a second year in a row.

I was arguing that our head coach is not on the hot seat, media to-be-damned. And regardless how upset you may be at injuries, that doesn't somehow instantly change.

They have 4 of the top 14 as NFC West teams. Injuries or not, we'll have our work cut out for us.

Odd makers don't mean s**t but then you post power rankings

ill go with people actually putting money on the line.
Have good day man.
Why are you so focused on me? Lol I already stated why Shanny can get on the hot seat. You disagree fine, move on. No need to worry about me or how anybody else is handling all these injuries for a second year in a row.

Not focused on you,...lol. That stuff you mentioned -- the big bad "media" -- aint putting him on any hotseat this year. Did you not just watch his offense put up a bunch of points? Lol.

I told you what the status of our team and our coach is and you can stop replying at any time now if you have nothing legit to disagree with (and believe me, "the media" garb is far from legit).
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 16, 2021 at 4:38 PM ]
Verrett, Mostert, Greenlaw, three top line starters gone down in one week. Are we going through this again?

Have good day man.

Yeah you are right Bay don't even worry about him, he is really contradicting in his statements and the power rankings. Odds are usually a reflection on how good the team is. Of course they also want to get people betting but odds are definitely reflective of the teams ability and the Niners are still in the category of Super Bowl contender. It's laughable to think otherwise. Without our starters that have been recently injured, our odds go down but not a whole lot because we have such a good team with possibly the best depth in the NFL.

Have good day man.

Sigh,...you really think I was trying to prove that we're the 9th best team in the league?? The point was they are OPINIONS,...and opinions will continue to change on a weekly basis for awhile.

Odds,...please learn the point of them with regards to betting. They are for making MONEY off of popular opinion,...not for forecasting what's going to happen. If you thought otherwise this offseason, you got duped.

They don't prove crap about how good of a roster we have or dont have,....lol.

And the media isn't going to force one of the best coaches in the league to be on the hotseat this offseason. That's a hot take if there ever was one.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 16, 2021 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

Have good day man.

Yeah you are right Bay don't even worry about him, he is really contradicting in his statements and the power rankings. Odds are usually a reflection on how good the team is. Of course they also want to get people betting but odds are definitely reflective of the teams ability and the Niners are still in the category of Super Bowl contender. It's laughable to think otherwise. Without our starters that have been recently injured, our odds go down but not a whole lot because we have such a good team with possibly the best depth in the NFL.

Thanks man. It's good to know someone gets it. I just got suckered in to one of his never ending arguments.

Have good day man.

Thanks man. It's good to know someone gets it. I just got suckered in to one of his never ending arguments.

Can we all just mute Randomtroll already?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Have good day man.

Can we all just mute Randomtroll already?

Haha learned my lesson for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone