There are 172 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Jiks:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
He's a huge step down from Alexander. Young man has a future but not ready yet.

Ready or not he's up.

This. Valuable time for him

I actually like our linebacker depth this year. They're just unproven. Past years, it would be over.

Agreed. Greenlaw has a lot of upside. I think we're going to be okay.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Our new Lee Woodall. True, long time 49ers fans know what I mean when I say that

I remember him

If I remember correctly I recall lee Woodall looked like evander Holyfield and he scooped up a Gary Plummer forced fumble and returned it 90 plus yards off a late game goal line MNF turnover. That play secured the win for us vs the Bills that night
  • titan
  • Veteran
I'd say LB is one of the positions that a RC can come in and make a solid impact.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Time to shine, Razorback.
Originally posted by titan:
I'd say LB is one of the positions that a RC can come in and make a solid impact.

It's also arguably the biggest weakness in the defense for opposing offenses to attack.

How quickly we forget those over routes that were killing us the last two years. Luckily, the pass rush will help, but the LBs need to do their part.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Solid player, might need to step up even more if/while Kwon is out.

Lee Woodall 2.0

does he have that kind of coverage ability?

MY big fear is loosing the coverage from Kwon.

Does Greenlaw have Woodall level of coverage?
Originally posted by Dshearn:

He looked like a liability in coverage in the preseason. We better pray he's advanced since then.

Originally posted by Heroism:

He looked like a liability in coverage in the preseason. We better pray he's advanced since then.

Are you really using a clip from the first preseason game.
  • thl408

I feel like Greenlaw is a below average open field tackler. I'll get a real chance to see now.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Why not use Tartt in this role in obvious pass downs? Ward/Moore can hold down S. Not optimal, but better than having Greenlaw out there if he is truly a liability.

Originally posted by SFrush:

Pro tip: NFL teams watch preseason tape.

When the Seahawks watch this tape, you better believe they're going to try to isolate Greenlaw. Trips to strongside with an over route isolating Greenlaw is 100% going to happen.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 1, 2019 at 12:27 PM ]
Time to step up young buck.

When the Seahawks watch this tape, you better believe they're going to try to isolate Greenlaw. Trips to strongside with an over route isolating Greenlaw is 100% going to happen.

smh He was a rookie seeing his first game action in the league. Tons of rookies make mistakes in the first preseason game. One clip from back in August of him being fooled by playaction certainly doesn't make him a liability like your trying to make it seem.

smh He was a rookie seeing his first game action in the league. Tons of rookies make mistakes in the first preseason game. One clip from back in August of him being fooled by playaction certainly doesn't make him a liability like your trying to make it seem.

As long as he learns. Luckily we're 8-0. We can afford to lose a game or 2 and still get the number 1 seat.

yeesh.
Share 49ersWebzone