There are 252 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by 9moon:
man, I just know that if you will end up GIVING a player the rookie contract he's going to ask for, you may as well just save time and hand it to him already.

Bosa and Deevah signed yet???

They won't sign until camp, that's the way their agency works. Who here can honestly say they wouldn't want to get the best deal they could?

I'm not sweating until day 3 of camp, there are serious issues if it's not done by then. Ironically I think it's much more important for Deebo to be out there given how hard it is for WR's to pick up the system.

I'm confident Nick can adjust with missed time, but he does need to get his body right.

Side note to 9moon, don't try and improve the best nickname ever given to anybody!

... ain't tryin, I'm DOING it..

... ain't tryin, I'm DOING it..

will he be as good as his dad or his bro (Joey)??

This is just my opinion, but I think he will be better, and by a margin.

They are very similar players, but the big advantage Nick has over Joey (and I'd imagine their Dad) is that he bends a lot better, he's also a little more explosive.

When you consider that those two traits are probably the most important for an edge, I'm pretty confident he'll be better.

Not to mention the team he went to. The 49ers Dline was pretty stacked before Bosa, he solidified it. I see big big things for Bosa. That's my guy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
This is just my opinion, but I think he will be better, and by a margin.

They are very similar players, but the big advantage Nick has over Joey (and I'd imagine their Dad) is that he bends a lot better, he's also a little more explosive.

When you consider that those two traits are probably the most important for an edge, I'm pretty confident he'll be better.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Completely agree, Mac. Those are the two attributes that I'd identify as well when comparing the Bosa boys.

Will he better than his brother? There's only one way to answer that.

I just watched his Penn State game and he was pretty impressive in pass rush mode in that game to close out that game for a win.

I don't think San Diego has the kind of explosive offense that we potentially on paper have. If Bosa is put in a position like in the Penn State game where he's closing out the game via pass rush - and he has Dee Ford and Buckner with him, if I'm Saleh, I'm moving Bosa all over that O-line to pick on the weakest pass protector.

In other words, if the talent surrounding Bosa is above averge to superior, I can't see why he doesn't beat Aldon's sack record and get Rookie DPOY. Not that I'm predicting that - but I think the potential to do so is there.
He still holding out!?

Saw that he was golfing yesterday
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Me too...especially if we got our version of Von Miller in this class.

But yeah 2011 was insane. Can only imagine what could've been if Aldon wasn't an alchy.

When it's all said and done that class already has 2 guys in the top 50 all time sack list(Miller/Watt) and has 6 guys in the top 100(Kerrigan/Justin Houston/Cam Jordan//Robert Quinn)

It sucks honestly looking back and realizing Aldon was on a pace ahead of all of them(actually literally ahead of EVERYONE) his first 2 seasons.

If 8 years into Nick's career he's on the top 100 career sack leaders list we'll be very happy. If he's in the top 50 we'd be partying in the streets.
Absolutely agree. This defensive class (2019 class) was a really good class. Specially for DLinemen. I really don't care though, what the rest of the class does, other than what Nick does and our players.

Jistin Smith was (I think) 8+ years into his career when Aldon was drafted. Buckner is still on his rookie contract when Bosa comes in during training camp. That D Line could be like the makings of 49er Splash Brother kind of group that would be around for a long time (health permitting - knock on wood).

If John Lynch is right, that our DB's are better than how they looked like last year without a pass rush, I can see Bosa having a shot at the rookie sack record. He will have even a better shot at it if Kyle's offense hit's it's explosive potential as a scoring machine. Then Bosa will be in pass rush mode from the git go and hopefully rack up some great sack numbers to get close to that rookie record.

I hope Buckner is strengthening his hands to be able to hold the OLinemen in those specialized stunt packages with Bosa.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Saw that he was golfing yesterday

Sounds like we got ourselves another Rashaun Woods, except instead of fishing Bosa's thing is golf...bust!
Sounds like we got ourselves another Rashaun Woods, except instead of fishing Bosa's thing is golf...bust!

I heard his short arms lead to a terrible swing.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I heard his short arms lead to a terrible swing.

You try shooting under 100 having to use this club.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Looks lik Ohio state is loading up for another Top Flight DE like Nick Bosa. I wonder who will end up with Chase Young next year? Personally I think we should pick a DE every year in the 1st through 4th rounds to keep that position strong. Whoever is Ohio States DLine coach, man I'd pencil him in as a 49er coaching fellow for this years training camp Bill Walsh coaching fellowship.

.Young, who recently was named a preseason All-American by The Sporting News, would join fellow OSU defensive ends Joey Bosa and Nick Bosa as high draft picks. USA Today also named Young the best defensive lineman in college football.

If taken No. 1, Young would be the fourth Buckeye to be selected first, joining linebacker Tom Cousineau in 1979, defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson in 1994, and offensive tackle Orlando Pace in 1997.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/ohio-state/2019/07/05/ohio-states-chase-toung-at-no-1-in-2020-mock-drafts/stories/20190705104
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Looks lik Ohio state is loading up for another Top Flight DE like Nick Bosa. I wonder who will end up with Chase Young next year? Personally I think we should pick a DE every year in the 1st through 4th rounds to keep that position strong. Whoever is Ohio States DLine coach, man I'd pencil him in as a 49er coaching fellow for this years training camp Bill Walsh coaching fellowship.

.Young, who recently was named a preseason All-American by The Sporting News, would join fellow OSU defensive ends Joey Bosa and Nick Bosa as high draft picks. USA Today also named Young the best defensive lineman in college football.

If taken No. 1, Young would be the fourth Buckeye to be selected first, joining linebacker Tom Cousineau in 1979, defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson in 1994, and offensive tackle Orlando Pace in 1997.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/ohio-state/2019/07/05/ohio-states-chase-toung-at-no-1-in-2020-mock-drafts/stories/20190705104

LIKE Bill Walsh once said.. . " You can not have enough DL "
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

LIKE Bill Walsh once said.. . " You can not have enough DL "
I tell you what, if Nick Bosa is anywhere near the impact the guys like Dan Wilkerson, Tom Cousinou, or Orlando Pace had on their teams - just picking Nick Bosa and having DeeBo, Hurd and everyone else in this years draft be a bust, it's still going to be a very good draft for us.
Is anyone here a member of The Real 49ers Faithfuls... group on facebook?

It popped up on my feed one day so I joined but holy fuk I'm embarrassed by the stupidity out there.

Some guy posts "So Nick Bosa is holding out?? What's next??"

And probably 70% of the people responding are acting like it's fact. Some talking about how he should be cut to make room for players who really want to play in the NFL.

Is the majority of our fanbase really this ignorant? I know 49er fans get a bad rep...and apparently we have to be told when to cheer at games and our home stadium isn't exactly prime homefield advantage but damn...maybe other fan bases are just like this and I just don't see it as much because i don't look at their social media/forums but I wish we could be better.

My apologies to the true fans who know their sh*t on this board. Just had to vent a little...

I'd be very surprised if he goes #1 overall...simply because there should be at least two very promising QB prospects.
Share 49ersWebzone