There are 138 users in the forums

Tevin Coleman, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers90sBaby:
I dont think a lot of people understand what coleman means to the run game. Its not just about the numbers. He's a better route runner n pass catcher than McKinnon, and a more physical runner than Mostert

Coleman is slower than Mostert and can't carry his jock. Mostert had many more yards AFTER CONTACT than Coleman who has not been a good runner for the Niners. More physical? Not a chance.
[ Edited by frenchtoast on Sep 23, 2020 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by frenchtoast:
Coleman is slower than Mostert and can't carry his jock. Mostert had many more yards AFTER CONTACT than Coleman who has not been a good runner for the Niners. More physical? Not a chance.

Is that why aside from that 80 yd touchdown, he has been average ?? Gotten 3-4 yards almost every run
Is that why aside from that 80 yd touchdown, he has been average ?? Gotten 3-4 yards almost every run

2020 stats: 2 games | 23 att | 148 rush yds | 6.4 ypc | 1 rush TD | 6 rec | 110 rec yds | 1 rec TD

Mostert is not average
coleman is
Originally posted by nahumse:
2020 stats: 2 games | 23 att | 148 rush yds | 6.4 ypc | 1 rush TD | 6 rec | 110 rec yds | 1 rec TD

Mostert is not average
coleman is

He got 80 yards on one run..... and couldnt break 100 yards on 7 more carries. Theres not something wrong with that ?? Take away the big run and he has 68 yards on 23 carries. Im not knocking the dude but please dont try to make him something he is not. He is a good back but not what this board thinks he is.
He got 80 yards on one run..... and couldnt break 100 yards on 7 more carries. Theres not something wrong with that ?? Take away the big run and he has 68 yards on 23 carries. Im not knocking the dude but please dont try to make him something he is not. He is a good back but not what this board thinks he is.

so when he ran for 220 on GB in the playoffs?
matt bredia is better than coleman
i agree Mostert does need to prove he needs to take a workload and not get hurt.

Coleman has shown nothing
carlos hyde is better
Originally posted by nahumse:
so when he ran for 220 on GB in the playoffs?
matt bredia is better than coleman
i agree Mostert does need to prove he needs to take a workload and not get hurt.

Coleman has shown nothing
carlos hyde is better

Yeahh i like the dude but people are comparing him to Terell Davis and Marshall Faulk. Im like He is a good player but turn it down a little. He is a speedback like the other backs, if he has a lane he can go but if he doesnt then there's not really much he can do. Teams have tape on him this year and are exploiting his weaknesses. So far im not impressed with him on the ground but he still has time to get better at that.

He had a good game, his speed was an asset in that game and Packers had no way to stop him.

Both of those are debatable

you better apply that math to Coleman's stats last yr then as well
still just ONE guy in here that feels the need to act like Coleman is something he's not

I'm telling ya he's gotta be related to Coleman, there's absolutely no other way someone sticks up for a player like he does.
I'd rather have Mostert, McKinnon and Wilson over Coleman. Add Hasty to the list if he gets an opportunity in the next couple of weeks. My bet is Hasty won't disappoint.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
still just ONE guy in here that feels the need to act like Coleman is something he's not

I'm telling ya he's gotta be related to Coleman, there's absolutely no other way someone sticks up for a player like he does.

OK LOL IF YOU SAY SO , players get overrated too much. You want to say Coleman aint that good, but forgot too add run game as a whole hasnt been that good and the WR'S.

Originally posted by Howlett49:
I'd rather have Mostert, McKinnon and Wilson over Coleman. Add Hasty to the list if he gets an opportunity in the next couple of weeks. My bet is Hasty won't disappoint.

Hasty isnt getting called up they signed someone else

No I think they'll call up Hasty and leave that Walters kid they just signed on the practice squad
No I think they'll call up Hasty and leave that Walters kid they just signed on the practice squad

I thought he was signed to the main roster ?? Otherwise they would have brought up Hasty, its thursday basically and he is still on the PS.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

they wont go into the giants game with only two rbs

I thought he was signed to the main roster ?? Otherwise they would have brought up Hasty, its thursday basically and he is still on the PS.

They don't have to bring up anyone from the PS up until 90 minutes before kickoff. Hasty is still on the PS but will most likely gets promoted on Sunday for the game.
Share 49ersWebzone