LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 364 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fip24:
I like Dee and think he is an elite pass rusher but I would cut him in a second if it meant getting Joey Bosa.
IMO injuries are the only reason Joey is not concerned to be in the same class as Mack and Donald.
Injuries and the fact that no one watches or cares about the Chargers

But they both wear #97...is that a deal breaker
Originally posted by fip24:
I like Dee and think he is an elite pass rusher but I would cut him in a second if it meant getting Joey Bosa.
IMO injuries are the only reason Joey is not concerned to be in the same class as Mack and Donald.
Injuries and the fact that no one watches or cares about the Chargers

Idk about right now but I remember before the season started I checked the numbers and Joey Bosa had the best sacks per game ratio aside from I believe Von Miller.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 21, 2019 at 11:08 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
That's a lot of money they're paying for a guy that's week to week.
Originally posted by mayo49:

He's been very productive so far this season and after this season we're only on the hook for next season so it's no biggie unless he plays very little next season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

He's been very productive so far this season and after this season we're only on the hook for next season so it's no biggie unless he plays very little next season.

Got to give it to him, though - he shows up for the games.

Week to week is sure better than no week to no week.
John Lynch says he doesn't expect Dee to play vs GB :(
Let him rest, maybe this where Damontre Moore shows out, with the pack probably focusing on bosa.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
It sucks that we lost Blair, who I think does a good backup job on Dee Ford and Bosa. I'm all for somehow bolstering the edge rusher position in next years draft, because without the edge rusher - this defense (even if its a wide 9, now) still is the Seifert/Carrol defense and it simply doesn't work very well without that dominant edge rusher.

As for Greenbay, I think the loss of Dee Ford is going to make stopping Aaron a lot harder. Somebody on the team has to replace Ford and Blair's production.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Giedi:
It sucks that we lost Blair, who I think does a good backup job on Dee Ford and Bosa. I'm all for somehow bolstering the edge rusher position in next years draft, because without the edge rusher - this defense (even if its a wide 9, now) still is the Seifert/Carrol defense and it simply doesn't work very well without that dominant edge rusher.

As for Greenbay, I think the loss of Dee Ford is going to make stopping Aaron a lot harder. Somebody on the team has to replace Ford and Blair's production.

AA

So are we getting our second rounder back or......
Play 30% snaps, chronic knee tendinitis, and now a hamstring strain. Yea, I would move on from this dude after the season. Damaged goods. Hopefully, Lynch and Shanahan learn from this.
He's a loss but he was literally only playing 1/3 of the snaps and only on obvious passing downs when it's easier to rush the passer.

I have faith we can replace him because it's not as hard to when you just need a guy to do one thing.
Who are our ER options (since Ford/Blair out) - Armstead? Damantre Moore? solly (unfort) anyone else?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
He's a loss but he was literally only playing 1/3 of the snaps and only on obvious passing downs when it's easier to rush the passer.

I have faith we can replace him because it's not as hard to when you just need a guy to do one thing.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Play 30% snaps, chronic knee tendinitis, and now a hamstring strain. Yea, I would move on from this dude after the season. Damaged goods. Hopefully, Lynch and Shanahan learn from this.

I wouldn't move on from him until we find a grade A replacement and no a player like Marsh doesn't count. People forget quickly how inept our pass rush has been until this season.
Share 49ersWebzone