There are 217 users in the forums

49ers 2019 Opponents

Shop Find 49ers gear online
LOL at anyone who thinks Lamar Jackson is going to be a good QB in this league.

that offense is full of running backs.
Originally posted by cciowa:
this is an 8 win team.

In the first 10 games
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
i see 10 wins with a healthy roster

"With a healthy roster" is a big difference maker, but I figure with a healthy roster that we will win about the same as you are thinking - about 9-10 wins and on the cusp of the playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
this is an 8 win team.

In the first 10 games

if we start 8-2, i will admit i was wrong( although we would still end up with 8 total wins).. thing is. if we start out 2-8, i know there will be lots of people here who will suddenly forget they predicted 12 wins., this thread will vanish and you will see lots of posts saying....... i did not see anyone saying this is a 12 win team. do you have a link to anyone who said this is a 12 win team?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
this is an 8 win team.

In the first 10 games

I feel like we have enough pieces to win at least 8 games.
The 49ers will open the 2019 regular season with a cross-country trip to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a league source told NBC Sports Bay Area on Wednesday.

After two road games to open the season, the 49ers will play their home opener at Levi's Stadium against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 22, the source said.
Originally posted by LenCat:
The 49ers will open the 2019 regular season with a cross-country trip to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a league source told NBC Sports Bay Area on Wednesday.

After two road games to open the season, the 49ers will play their home opener at Levi's Stadium against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 22, the source said.

I just hope they don't screw us again and give us three out of four road games in September like they did last year and years before. All because some friggin idiot drank himself to death in the heat during the first year of Levi's was open
Brandon Castro‏ @BrandonCee 14m14 minutes ago

Leak: NFL Week 17 Seahawks @ 49ers Sunday, December 22nd
u saw it here first

Week 1: @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, September 8
Week 2: @ Cincinnati Bengals, 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, September 15
Week 3: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:25 P.M., CBS, Sunday, September 22,
Week 4: Bye week
Week 5: vs. Cleveland Browns 5:15 P.M., ESPN, Monday, October 7
Week 6: @ Los Angeles Rams, 1:05 P.M., FOX, Sunday, October 13
Week 7: @ Washington, 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, October 20
Week 8: vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:05 P.M., FOX, Sunday, October 27
Week 9: @ Arizona Cardinals, 5:20 P.M., FOX, Thursday, October 31
Week 10: vs. Seattle Seahawks, 5:15 P.M., ESPN, Monday, November 11
Week 11: vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1:05 P.M., FOX, Sunday, November 17
Week 12: vs. Green Bay Packers, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, November 24
Week 13: @ Baltimore Ravens, 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, December 1
Week 14: @ New Orleans Saints 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, December 8
Week 15: vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, December 15
Week 16: vs. Los Angeles Rams, TBD, Saturday OR Sunday, December 21/22
Week 17: @ Seattle Seahawks, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, December 29
Primetime games: Week 5 vs. Cleveland Browns (MNF), Week 9 @ Arizona Cardinals (TNF), Week 10 vs. Seattle Seahawks (MNF).
It's reasonable for us to go undefeated up to our bye week 😂. Seriously, it's better to face the Bucs early with their new HC and offense. I think we can take Pitt at home.

Aside from having our bye week early, our schedule is easier than years past (flight distance wise). Playing the Browns on Mon night helps us. Overall, if we can stay healthy, we can be well over .500. I'm cautiously optimistic this year and happy with our schedule.

this is an 8 win team.

Youre quite generous.
We will all know if this is a 8 to 10 win team in the after the preseason. Why you ask. Because JimmyG, Jordan Matthews and the Jet are all have question marks by their name for me. Tbh, we should've went 0-3 if it weren't for that pick 6 getting called back in the DET game. If you thought JimmyG looked timid this past season, imagine him coming back from his injury. It will be worst but I do hope for the best for him because I'm tired of making excuses for this team already.
Any fans in the Maryland area? Down to go to a game or 2
Originally posted by LenCat:
u saw it here first

Week 1: @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, September 8
Week 2: @ Cincinnati Bengals, 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, September 15
Week 3: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:25 P.M., CBS, Sunday, September 22,
Week 4: Bye week
Week 5: vs. Cleveland Browns 5:15 P.M., ESPN, Monday, October 7
Week 6: @ Los Angeles Rams, 1:05 P.M., FOX, Sunday, October 13
Week 7: @ Washington, 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, October 20
Week 8: vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:05 P.M., FOX, Sunday, October 27
Week 9: @ Arizona Cardinals, 5:20 P.M., FOX, Thursday, October 31
Week 10: vs. Seattle Seahawks, 5:15 P.M., ESPN, Monday, November 11
Week 11: vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1:05 P.M., FOX, Sunday, November 17
Week 12: vs. Green Bay Packers, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, November 24
Week 13: @ Baltimore Ravens, 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, December 1
Week 14: @ New Orleans Saints 10:00 A.M., FOX, Sunday, December 8
Week 15: vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, December 15
Week 16: vs. Los Angeles Rams, TBD, Saturday OR Sunday, December 21/22
Week 17: @ Seattle Seahawks, 1:25 P.M., FOX, Sunday, December 29
Primetime games: Week 5 vs. Cleveland Browns (MNF), Week 9 @ Arizona Cardinals (TNF), Week 10 vs. Seattle Seahawks (MNF).

One factor I'm looking at is our weakness along the OL right now. Just looking at the defensive rankings from last year, this is what we're up against in terms of # games we have to deal with it and the 2018 rank for each team we'll face:

Games against teams ranked top 10 in sacks: 6 (PIT, ARI X 2, NO, WASH, GB)
Their 2018 ranks: PIT (1), ARI (T-5), NO (T-5), WASH (7), GB (T-8)

Games against team ranked top 10 in points allowed: 1 (BAL)
Their 2018 ranks: BAL (2)

Games against teams ranked top 10 in total defense: 2 (BAL, PIT)
Their 2018 ranks: BAL (1), PIT (6)

Games against teams ranked top 10 in run defense: 3 (NO, BAL, PIT)
Their 2018 ranks: NO (2), BAL (4), PIT (6)

Games against teams ranked top 10 in pass defense: 4 (ARI X 2, BAL, PIT)
Their 2018 ranks: ARI (4), BAL (5), PIT (10)

Games against a team with a pass rusher among top 10 in sacks in 2018: 7 (LAR X 2, ARI X 2, CLE, PIT, WASH)
Players and their rank: Aaron Donald (1), Myles Garrett (6), Chandler Jones/Ryan Kerrigan/TJ Watt (T-7th)

Games against a team possessing a player with double-digit sacks in 2018: 12
Players and their sack total: Aaron Donald (20.5), Myles Garrett (13.5), Chandler Jones/Ryan Kerrigan/TJ Watt (13), Cameron Jordan (12), Kyler Fackrell/Jarran Reed (10.5), Geno Atkins (10)

The bolded is certainly something to worry about. We face 3 of the top 5 interior pass rushers in the NFL and that area is our weakest on the OL.

HOWEVER. The 49ers do have something in their favor. With Buckner and Ford, they are one of only 3 teams that have two players on their roster who had double-digit sacks last year. The other two are Denver (Von Miller, Bradley Chubb) and KC (Chris Jones, Frank Clark).
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Early predictions:

Wins:
Arizona
Arizona
Rams
Seahawks
Redskins
Steelers
Bengals
Packers
Falcons
Panthers

Losses:
Rams
Seahawks
Ravens
Browns
Bucs

Final Record: 11-5

This is assuming we address our obvious holes on the team and Jimmy stays healthy.

Pretty clever, OTC. You didn't put the Saints game up there. But we still came out the same, as i thot 5-6 losses also, incl Saints, but we varied on Bucs, Browns, and Ravens. I gave us Ws there and Ls to PItts, GB, and possibly either Skins or Atl...not both and perhaps no more at all giving us 5 Ls.

My caveats are:

if we have 19 guys on IR, then all bets are off.

If JimmyG goes down we still win 9 with Mullie.

God alone knows what else could happen, but with the last 20 yrs as a guide, if there's a chance for disasater, it usually finds us. With everything except interior OL and DBs shored up, the list of potential catastrophes has been whittled down greatly. As kyle said, getting some depth at some positions has helped that greatly

Oh,and Adam Rank and his 3-13 prediction... well Adam Rank is ...well, rank.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 28, 2019 at 8:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone