LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 150 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OsBoogie:

I love when there's a quote and they got the nerve to put down the name of some no name guy like it makes it valid.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Yeah, I think once Deebo are the starters longterm. Even if it doesn't begin that way in week 1, by week 16, I expect them to be the starters. I'd be okay with Goodwin splitting time as the number 2 or 3 guy because his presence with or as a sub for Petis/Samuel along with our RBs and Kittle has to put major stress on the defensive coordinator. Hoping all these picks work out because I want us to invest the entire draft into OL, DB, and LB next year.

No faith in Kwon and Warner?

The LB pick would be for depth/special teams. Also, this wouldn't be any earlier than the 5th round. Plus I think we have 6 picks. If we invest four picks into OL and DB, where else are going going to go with those late picks?
Yeah, I think once Deebo are the starters longterm. Even if it doesn't begin that way in week 1, by week 16, I expect them to be the starters. I'd be okay with Goodwin splitting time as the number 2 or 3 guy because his presence with or as a sub for Petis/Samuel along with our RBs and Kittle has to put major stress on the defensive coordinator. Hoping all these picks work out because I want us to invest the entire draft into OL, DB, and LB next year.

The LB pick would be for depth/special teams. Also, this wouldn't be any earlier than the 5th round. Plus I think we have 6 picks. If we invest four picks into OL and DB, where else are going going to go with those late picks?

That makes more sense. It sort of sucks that we used two picks on WRs this draft considering how loaded next years will be with true #1 guys but it is what it is.

That makes more sense. It sort of sucks that we used two picks on WRs this draft considering how loaded next years will be with true #1 guys but it is what it is.

I'm not bothered. I kind of like that Kyle went all in now with his offensive playmakers. So much so that, I don't even think they should draft one next year if these guys pan out. We're pretty stacked. As good as we've ever been honestly in terms of potential. If we can instill the same confidence with our secondary and Oline, competing for number 6 shouldn't be that far away.

I'm not bothered. I kind of like that Kyle went all in now with his offensive playmakers. So much so that, I don't even think they should draft one next year if these guys pan out. We're pretty stacked. As good as we've ever been honestly in terms of potential. If we can instill the same confidence with our secondary and Oline, competing for number 6 shouldn't be that far away.

I agree that if these guys workout that we shouldn't draft a WR early next year but I could argue that the 3rd rounder might have been better spent on a Guard or Safety. I really like the Samuel pick but I'm just not sure Hurd was really needed right now. There's going to be super stud WRs to be had in the second round next year but we won't be in the market id say.

I agree that if these guys workout that we shouldn't draft a WR early next year but I could argue that the 3rd rounder might have been better spent on a Guard or Safety. I really like the Samuel pick but I'm just not sure Hurd was really needed right now. There's going to be super stud WRs to be had in the second round next year but we won't be in the market id say.

I've made my peace with how we used our day 2 and 3 draft capital. What's done is done. I'm just hoping Moore, Colbert, and Tartt can hold down the safety positions so that we don't have to count on Ward. As for not picking a guard (which was even more inexcusable IMO), I hope KS and Lynch are right about who's already on the roster.
OMG DK Metcalf's dig route

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think the guy talking made a mistake. That's a comeback not a dig. Still bad by Metcalf. I can see it being picked off while DK still tryna comeback to da ball
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I think the guy talking made a mistake. That's a comeback not a dig. Still bad by Metcalf. I can see it being picked off while DK still tryna comeback to da ball

Everything about that route was awful
just saw he posted something on Instagram "bank account got a new balance and I talking about no sneakers" maybe he signed his deal

At 5'11 and 214 size,and the quickness he possess, there's no way people can say that he can't be #1 type receiver because of his size, and some how limited. There were guys smaller than him, looking alot like a #1 receiver.

Looking forward to see what he can.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 24, 2019 at 6:35 AM ]
At 5'11 and 214 size,and the quickness he possess, there's no way people can say that he can't be #1 type receiver because of his size, and some how limited. There were guys smaller than him, looking alot like a #1 receiver.

Isnt the plan for him to lose some weight?

Regardless, I trust Kyle's evaluation of him, especially watching him up close at the senior bowl

Isnt the plan for him to lose some weight?

Regardless, I trust Kyle's evaluation of him, especially watching him up close at the senior bowl

Yeah, they want him to be slimmer, so he can be even quicker

Shaving off .3 second from 2 seconds. Getting the ball at 1.7 sec, and RAC for 20yds

A full 5 yards from the spot he began breaking down to the spot where he actually turned around to comeback for the ball.
Originally posted by Joecool:

A full 5 yards from the spot he began breaking down to the spot where he actually turned around to comeback for the ball.

Honestly my HS coach would not have accepted that route.
Share 49ersWebzone