LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

New head coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good Lord.

I know that I was up til almost 5 watching us last night and I'm still hurting over such a silly loss. But this thread is about as much of a knee jerking reaction it's pathetic.
The 2nd and 3, and 3rd and 3 are going to be talked about all week.
Originally posted by dmullins:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by RythumX:
Shanahan needs to be replace he's the reasons Atlanta lost the Superbowl with his playcalling trying to secure a win now last night same thing why pass the ball we was doing great running ?

At this point in time, this is a ridiculous thread.

1. He sure as hell didn't cause the defensive melt down in the ATL Super Bowl loss.

2. Matt Ryan is just as much to blame, he could've audibled to a running play if he thought calling a pass was the wrong play. He's also the one that took a sack that put them out of field goal range.

3. The Packers defense tightened up and was stopping the run near the end of the game. Were they supposed to run it on third and fourth down too? The only thing I didn't like is that we became one dimensional in the second half by running it instead of mixing it up like they did in the first half. I get it though, just trying to run out the clock. We can sit here and second guess the play calling now that what's done is done, but who knows how we would've played it in the moment. Shanahan knows what he's doing and I don't want a new HC.

honestly was an interception the worst thing that couldve happened? It was pretty much a punt. was it not?
Close this trash
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Shanahan needs to be replace he's the reasons Atlanta lost the Superbowl with his playcalling trying to secure a win now last night same thing why pass the ball we was doing great running ?

1. He sure as hell didn't cause the defensive melt down in the ATL Super Bowl loss.

2. Matt Ryan is just as much to blame, he could've audibled to a running play if he thought calling a pass was the wrong play. He's also the one that took a sack that put them out of field goal range.

3. The Packers defense tightened up and was stopping the run near the end of the game. Were they supposed to run it on third and fourth down too? The only thing I didn't like is that we became one dimensional in the second half by running it instead of mixing it up like they did in the first half. I get it though, just trying to run out the clock. We can sit here and second guess the play calling now that what's done is done, but who knows how we would've played it in the moment. Shanahan knows what he's doing and I don't want a new HC.

honestly was an interception the worst thing that couldve happened? It was pretty much a punt. was it not?

s**t happens, I thought they played a hell of a game. Considering, every one of the experts were saying they were going to get blown out by 9+ points. It's disappointing that they were that close only to lose it in the end, but the Packers are a pretty decent team and we had the lead until the very end.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Don't see the point of this. He's not getting fired no matter what. This is gonna have to wait until at least next year.

s**t happens, I thought they played a hell of a game. Considering, every one of the experts were saying they were going to get blown out by 9+ points. It's disappointing that they were that close only to lose it in the end, but the Packers are a pretty decent team and we had the lead until the very end.

a logical post. agreed.
Great idea OP....let's go back to hiring and firing a new coach every year, because that worked out so amazing for us before, right?
We have a great coach.....we are in a rebuild....deal with it.

Yes it was. It did not really impact the final outcome other than if Pinion drops the ball on the 5 which I don't believe he can because he is not that good. The much bigger impact was the 15 yard run out of bounds. Even if you keep him in bounds we probably would have made it to overtime.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
stuck with this guy at least a few more years. deal with it.

btw, wtf was up with that bootleg ass hat shanahan was wearing yesterday? The logo was so tiny.

He looked silly. Should have gone with the beanie.

Share 49ersWebzone