LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Legends are built on the backs of the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't even bear to watch Sportscenter after this loss, knowing the Rodgers chatter that I would have to endure. We have become a team that is a springboard for others' greatness. The early 90s Cowboys. Favre in the 90s, and again with the dagger in 2009 when he was a Viking. Warner, Faulk, and the greatest show on turf. The Super Bowl shortcoming that made people think Flacco was elite. The tip and interception that launched Seattle to a title. Manning breaking the TD record in a rout on national TV. Countless comebacks and collapses like tonight. Countless highlight catches and runs with 49ers chasing in the background. I'm forgetting a million other examples in my anger/sadness - feel free to add your examples below.

We will never be legends again, just fuel for the legendary status of others.
How suspect waa was that last quarter tho?

Beat off hard needs a first down or AT LEAST 5-7 more yards to essentially win the game with a field goal and just throws a 30 yard lob duck for no dam reason?

Deforest is man on man defending a speedy WR?

Beat off hard with a weird looking self sack earlier in the first drive. Looked so awkward. He pump faked ,juked inside the pocket and just waited to get sacked.

How many chances are you going to give the packers?

These guys are all in for Bosa.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Oct 16, 2018 at 1:04 AM ]
Originally posted by kelson49er:

That's some great stuff right there. Send it in to Kyle so he can use it every week in his pep talks. Defeatist loser mentality.
I can't even bear to watch Sportscenter after this loss, knowing the Rodgers chatter that I would have to endure. We have become a team that is a springboard for others' greatness. The early 90s Cowboys. Favre in the 90s, and again with the dagger in 2009 when he was a Viking. Warner, Faulk, and the greatest show on turf. The Super Bowl shortcoming that made people think Flacco was elite. The tip and interception that launched Seattle to a title. Manning breaking the TD record in a rout on national TV. Countless comebacks and collapses like tonight. Countless highlight catches and runs with 49ers chasing in the background. I'm forgetting a million other examples in my anger/sadness - feel free to add your examples below.

Behind our 2nd string qb and with a very young team we took the Rodgers Packers to the edge and nearly pulled off the upset. I dont know what you are talking about here, no one is using us as a springboard for greatness. The Pack is one injury (the same one we have) away from insignificance.

Did you expect legendary status in year 2 of a full rebuild, behind a backup qb, with the starting rb out for the year?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

yep just keep buying the merch suckahs
Don't forget Eli Manning in 2015 SNF this game felt very similar to that one
Originally posted by English:

Behind our 2nd string qb and with a very young team we took the Rodgers Packers to the edge and nearly pulled off the upset. I dont know what you are talking about here, no one is using us as a springboard for greatness. The Pack is one injury (the same one we have) away from insignificance.

Did you expect legendary status in year 2 of a full rebuild, behind a backup qb, with the starting rb out for the year?

The Packers aren't good.
1st time Rodgers ever did that.
As I watching this game I was really happy they we were competitive. A A Ron is an elite QB and he took advantage of Mabin on that last drive. We always question the choices made when we lose but when we are healthily and draft or trade for a couple decent CB's we will be playoff bound again

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
As I watching this game I was really happy they we were competitive. A A Ron is an elite QB and he took advantage of Mabin on that last drive. We always question the choices made when we lose but when we are healthily and draft or trade for a couple decent CB's we will be playoff bound again

or maybe we can seal the game and not give the other team chance after chance after chance after chance.

That looked like tanking to me but whatevs. I'm not even that upset that we lost.
Why jump all,over Beathard. ( beat off hard?) Really low dude. The guy is a BACKUP. I have seen starters play worse than him. If he was great he wouldn't be a BACKUP. How good is Green Bay's backup or any other team for that matter.
Beat off hard and the Niners >>> Carr and the raiders
[ Edited by danarez49 on Oct 16, 2018 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Zealot:
That's some great stuff right there. Send it in to Kyle so he can use it every week in his pep talks. Defeatist loser mentality.

Not jumping all over CJ, the coaches, any particular player. When the interception happened, however, we all knew how this story would end because it has ended that way so often. There is just a staggeringly large amount of those instances where great players play great at the end of games to beat us, and very few where we get to be happy at the end of a close game instead.

Also - because I don't actually play for the team (WUT?!) or otherwise interact with them, I think it's safe for me to have a defeatist mentality. The Seahawks game on Thanksgiving 2014 was the beginning of a new dark age. Lean in, and it will feel better.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by English:

The Packers aren't good.

They were the team we were playing. My point related to the subject of the thread.
Share 49ersWebzone