LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

With all the injuries should we be singing young talent or older vet FAs

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With all the injuries should we be singing young talent or older vet FAs

We had five backs in for try outs, some veteran legs, but we signed a relatively young player to the practice squad.

This looks like we are looking for back up talent with a potential upside, rather than veteran help to try and win games.

It seems to me, we have lots of young talent, sitting on IR. By bringing in more untested talent it seems like we are working on a better draft pick, not a winning record.

I don't like the message this sends, I think we need some veteran back ups.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Oct 10, 2018 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
We had five backs in for try outs, some veteran legs, but we signed a relatively young player to the practice squad.

This looks like we are looking for back up talent with a potential upside, rather than veteran help to try and win games.

It seems to me, we have lots of young talent, sitting on IR. By bringing in more untested talent it seems like we are working on a better draft pick, not a winning record.

Who the heck are they bringing in right now that's doing much of anything young or old...I think you're making something out of nothing as far as sending a message.
It doesn't matter. They'll get hurt too.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Who the heck are they bringing in right now that's doing much of anything young or old...I think you're making something out of nothing as far as sending a message.

Sure, any vet sitting in the couch is t much good, but I think they are better than most first year players sitting on the couch.

If we are going young, is there a practice squad player on any roster we can steal?

I think we need to add two running backs, and lose a WR. For a run first team, we don't carry enough backs.
Share 49ersWebzone