There are 224 users in the forums

Levis Stadium Sunday Night Football Traffic

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey guys, I was planning on flying in to SF to catch the Rams @ Niners game on Oct 21, 2018 with the game starting at 520pm. My question is, would I be able to catch a flight after the game at 1210am flying out of SFO. Im thinking the game would end at around 830-9ish and i would either catch an Uber or drive a rental to SFO. Do you guys think its possible, or am I running it a little too close? I have never been to a game at Levis stadium so I dont really know how bad the traffic is. Your input is greatly appreciated :)
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by QVT123:
Hey guys, I was planning on flying in to SF to catch the Rams @ Niners game on Oct 21, 2018 with the game starting at 520pm. My question is, would I be able to catch a flight after the game at 1210am flying out of SFO. Im thinking the game would end at around 830-9ish and i would either catch an Uber or drive a rental to SFO. Do you guys think its possible, or am I running it a little too close? I have never been to a game at Levis stadium so I dont really know how bad the traffic is. Your input is greatly appreciated :)
Being Sunday night you should be fine once you get out of the parking lot. Ride sharing should work and the time through security at the airport shouldn't be more than a 1/2 hour. Just make sure to leave 2-3 hrs before your flight to guarantee getting there barring any mishaps
Just fly into SJC lol...SFO you're basically already in San Mateo County

Alternatively, fly into Oakland, take BART to warm springs (south Fremont) and UBER/Lyft to Levi's

Unless you're flying in from overseas, I see no point in flying into SFO...the city is already miles away and there's no point in seeing it anyways if you're in town just for gameday
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 1, 2018 at 10:33 AM ]
+1 to SJC. The airport is just couple of miles away from stadium. I normally use public transportation to get in out of Levi's traffic. Levi's also has designated area for Uber, but I haven't used it.
fly into SJC, take an uber there and back, it will save you time, money, and a headache compared to flying into SFO
San Jose airport > San Francisco's airport.
My wife and i are going to that game! We are gonna fly into San Jose, and get a hotel walking distance to the stadium. I'm gonna take her to San Francisco on Saturday. It's her first time there!
Thanks for your input guys, but unfortunately I'm flying International, so there are only flights out of SFO. I was figuring since its Sunday night, traffic wouldn't be that bad. So do you guys think I can make it? Game starts at 520pm, game finishes at 830-9pm, get to SFO airport in time to make a 1210am flight. I just hope the game doesn't go to overtime, or Ill be screwed haha
Getting to the game:

Take either BART or Caltrain. BART takes you to Warm Springs (south east bay border of Fremont and Milpitas) then you can ride share from there. Caltrain drops off in San Jose, same deal with getting a rideshare afterwards. Unless you're rolling in it, I wouldn't recommend a straight rideshare from SFO to levi's Stadium (or rather save that $$ for when leaving the game)

After the game:

There's a designated UBER/Lyft pickup lot at an office building complex a few blocks from the stadium (so plan on walking there). Once there, you're waiting in line to get a driver (unless you can bribe someone to cut the line, or find someone also going to SFO). Traffic getting into & leaving the Levi's stadium/Great America theme park area is also a pain, so factor that into the wait time as well). Expect at least an 1.5 - 2 hour time spent from the last whistle at the end of game to when you actually drive out of Santa Clara. You can try reserving a driver in the 4th quarter, but again it's a waiting game once you walk over to the pickup lot when hopefully no one stole your ride.
Originally posted by QVT123:
Thanks for your input guys, but unfortunately I'm flying International, so there are only flights out of SFO. I was figuring since its Sunday night, traffic wouldn't be that bad. So do you guys think I can make it? Game starts at 520pm, game finishes at 830-9pm, get to SFO airport in time to make a 1210am flight. I just hope the game doesn't go to overtime, or Ill be screwed haha

... San Jose international airport doesn't fly to where you are?

• Jiks
As others have said you're main/only worry is getting out of the parking lot and stadium area.
Share 49ersWebzone