LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Preseason Week 4 - Chargers @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
clowney gonna destroy jimmy behind this s**tty OL.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I want to see more physicality. Guys were playing to not get hurt and got hurt anyways, so go figure.

Those injuries had nothing to do with not being physical...freak concussions, and shoulder injuries because they laid out for a catch or made a prefect PB are just part of the game.

The only real injury that concerns me is Malcom smith's hammy, soft issue injuries linger and it seems like something he's dealt with since the off season started. I'm not gonna count on him much this season horrible signing IMO.

I understood why they signed him but yeah, that signing is just looking more and more awful. Shame.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:

If Clowney plays. Keep in mind, Clowney isn't as awesome without Mercilis(sp) on the other side. Plus, the guy will only be in for a few snaps if he does play.

Either way, when he does make contact with the QB, he just lays on them. The guy can't hit worth two s**ts.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Looking for better, more stout run defense since last game. And better run blocking on offense.

Oh, and Jimmy Ward inexplicably dropping his awesome coverage skillz
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 18, 2018 at 6:22 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Looking for better, more stout run defense since last game. And better run blocking on offense.

Oh, and Jimmy Ward inexplicably dropping his awesome coverage skillz

Haha...exactly.

And let's all pray in silence for NO INJURIES.

Clowney has to play to do that. Dude has been dealing with knee rehab all off-season. As of a week ago, he hadn't even completed a full practice yet. No chance he plays tonight. I seriously doubt you see him play at all in the preseason.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 18, 2018 at 7:39 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Clowney has to play to do that. Dude has been dealing with knee rehab all off-season. As of a week ago, he hadn't even completed a full practice yet. No chance he plays tonight. I seriously doubt you see him play at all in the preseason.

Man, is Clowney a bust - he's been nothing but injured since he got drafted?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 18, 2018 at 7:45 AM ]

Burn
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, is Clowney a bust - he's been nothing but injured since he got drafted?

Yeah he has alot of durability problems. He finally put together a 16 game season last year though and played 14 games the year before. He's an effective player when he's in there but I'd be surprised if he makes it another 5 years in the NFL. Those knees are beat up.

Originally posted by 49erWill:

Burn

Lol
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
hopefully Watt and Clowney don't embarrass this offensive line too much.....

JG better do one series and get out of there.

Yeah, I don't want Jimmy being in there for no more than 3 series.

Agreed. Max 3 quarters.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Need some help guys! I usually watch the games back home at Fresno, CA. It usually on channel 59, but I'm in Baltimore, MD. So I how do I watch the game here. Would they air on nfl network or nfl Sunday ticket?
Originally posted by da209:
Need some help guys! I usually watch the games back home at Fresno, CA. It usually on channel 59, but I'm in Baltimore, MD. So I how do I watch the game here. Would they air on nfl network or nfl Sunday ticket?

The Niners website is showing the preseason games live and for free.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by da209:

The Niners website is showing the preseason games live and for free.

Only if you're a local resident or in a secondary market?

Otherwise, we have to wait until 10pm PST for the reair on NFLN.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone