There are 160 users in the forums

49ers UDFA Signings Thread(Full List in OP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
💩
Originally posted by father49er:
They seem to be really worried about the secondary

People freaking out about pass rush will watch them draft/sign like 6 or 7 edge rushers next year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by father49er:
They seem to be really worried about the secondary

People freaking out about pass rush will watch them draft/sign like 6 or 7 edge rushers next year.

Nah, Kyle said there's no point in doubling up just to double up. Ha
2 guys? That's it..? Really
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
So weird. They even talked about not bringing in a bunch of UDFA to compete this year, because they didnt want as many bodies in camp?

Just f**king weird.

IMO its wise to bring in as many people as you can. iron sharpens iron, and all that competition builds a betetr team...

This whole f**king draft is really strange outside of the MM and Warner picks. I mean, i like some of these players, i just cant see how their board and draft ended the way it did today. I dont even now that i got the impression from the presser that they were even very impressed. It was like they were setting expectations for a bunch of these guys not even to make it or ever contribute.

Just a weird vibe IMO today all around...

The Jimmy G delusion is so strong. They probably think we have a Superbowl roster ready.

Agreed! This roster is so bereft of talent it's not even funny. Take Jimmy G out and we're lucky to win 2 games next season.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think they were trying to politely say that this edge rusher class was garbage and that they didn't believe in most of these guys. I think a lot of guys that people are having heartburn over aren't going to do much of anything in the NFL. Next year on the other hand looks to be a pretty good year for pass rushers.
  • bors
  • Veteran
So we're ol herc mufasa end up going ?
Originally posted by obx49:
Agreed! This roster is so bereft of talent it's not even funny. Take Jimmy G out and we're lucky to win 2 games next season

I don't know about all that.
Originally posted by bors:
So we're ol herc mufasa end up going ?

Vikings.

Originally posted by NCommand:

I think they were trying to politely say that this edge rusher class was garbage and that they didn't believe in most of these guys. I think a lot of guys that people are having heartburn over aren't going to do much of anything in the NFL. Next year on the other hand looks to be a pretty good year for pass rushers.

There's probably a lot of truth to that. But our situation was a bit different d/t scheme. We literally, could go a smaller LEO for just third downs (with Saleh wanting Thomas on first and second downs). Or someone like OO for SAM/ER as a 3-down player. I think there were quite a few good players who could fit those roles or at least, add serious competition. Christ, we have 3-deep competition at BE, S, SCB, YWR, 3T, etc. Why not ER where you have THE biggest unproven hole?

Oh well...always next year.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Agreed! This roster is so bereft of talent it's not even funny. Take Jimmy G out and we're lucky to win 2 games next season

I don't know about all that.

Other than Jimmy G give me a playmaker on offense we can all be excited about and look forward to seeing?
Jeff Wilson of North Texas.

Impressive touchdown production over last two seasons

Saw yards per touch go up in each of the last three seasons

Vision is solid

Deciphers blocking in front of him and makes appropriate reads

Rhythm running back

Shows ability to catch a "hot streak" as a runner

Presses the hole to set up his late cuts

Sees side doors develop for escapes outside

Hugs rush track tightly when incoming traffic comes into picture

Good feel for backside cuts

Has enough pass-catching ability to be a threat
I'm still kind of in shock that Meeks went undrafted, and then didn't sign here.
Other than Jimmy G give me a playmaker on offense we can all be excited about and look forward to seeing?

Can't tell if serious.
Share 49ersWebzone