There are 218 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jiks:
Dislike everything about BYU except this pick. Dudes a beast.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Rueben: "Hey man, let's smoke weed in Alabama and shoot our guns in California!!!"
Fred: "Nah, man. I think we should smoke this weed in California then shoot our guns in Alabama!"

Reuben: "Dat's why I love you man--you smart as a muthafukka!"

[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 1, 2018 at 11:54 AM ]
I'm sure most of us fans have Warner as our favorite pick of this draft.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I love it, a wise much needed pick
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
This draft class is hot garbage, but this kid could be special. I hope he won't disappoint.

Warner was my guy. I also liked Pettis, Moore, and Reed a lot.

McGlinchey was a solid pick now knowing they planned on moving Trent.

Replace the Streets with Sweat and I would have given it a A
Originally posted by Koldo:
This draft class is hot garbage, but this kid could be special. I hope he won't disappoint.

All the draft gurus actually liked SFs draft...I think the class overall was weak outside of early QBs

A couple day 3 picks that I would have liked to go in another direction but we will have to wait and see.

If we can get 3 to 4 solid starters from this class that would be very very good
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

All the draft gurus actually liked SFs draft...I think the class overall was weak outside of early QBs

A couple day 3 picks that I would have liked to go in another direction but we will have to wait and see.

If we can get 3 to 4 solid starters from this class that would be very very good

I wish I could share your optimism.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Warner is going to be a player for us. Love how he finishes with physicality. He and Reuben will complement each other nicely.

Dude looks real good. Like the pick

Warner was my guy. I also liked Pettis, Moore, and Reed a lot.

McGlinchey was a solid pick now knowing they planned on moving Trent.

Replace the Streets with Sweat and I would have given it a A

This right here.
I absolutely agree with you.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jiks:
Dislike everything about BYU except this pick. Dudes a beast.

Ty Detmer was pretty good.

Forget optimism...how about some patience?

McGlinchey was the top overall OT and it really wasn't close...if the plan was to move on from Brown (who reportedly showed up to training camp close to 400 lbs) then it had to be done, I wanted to develop a guy but if that's all true, I can live with it.

Pettis was a top 5 WR in my book and I only had Miller and Ridley over him as far as route-running goes. Dude can play inside and out and imo (I keep stating this) is Diggs 2.0. I really think he can be a good WR in his offense.

Warner is a stud and a draft crush... perfect off ball LBer for this scheme. Great in coverage and his instincts really show vs the run (gets off blocks and finds the gaps). Foster and warner will be long time starters as long as Foster stays out of trouble.

Moore is a athletic freak, dude ran a 4.32 and has 33 and 3/4 inch arms, he's fluid with loose hips imo he's a CB and if he progresses behind Sherman, could be the best pick in our draft (I totally get the pick). Pro day numbers...4.32 40, 39.5 vert, 11-2 broad, 6.89 3-cone those numbers are pretty insane for his size/length.

Day 3 overall was blah...Streets Is a horrible pick with the ACL. Dude will be a bull vs the run, but doesn't fill a need at all (no more big ends). Reed (go watch him) has everything you want for a slot DB. Love the attitude, he will push Williams off the team at some pt this season. He's got really long arms for his size as well.

Could careless about the 6th and 7th rd picks, they will fight to be on the team (overall not impressed with them).

Gotta throw Jimmy G into the equation because his pick was this yr....didnt touch edge which really really pissed me off, but sometimes the draft doesn't have those type of guys (would have gone OBO or Sweat over Streets).

Go look at the draft gurus, they all thought it was a solid draft really the only guys hating on it are the fans lol.
Saleh's face whe speaking to Warner on the phone said it all. He knows he has a baller.

I loved the thought of Roquan Smith and Froster playing together, I thought they could be a devastating duo but alas it was not to be.

With that said, I think Warner and Reuben can be really good together too once he straightens out his legal issues. For a guy who played a position that basically doesn't exist in the NFL, Warner did show some terrific instincts and vision, if that translates he could be a really special player.
Share 49ersWebzone