There are 199 users in the forums

2018 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
NC...I'm going to replace Richie with Goodwin as he is questionable. Would like to see Richie a shot.

That's very likely.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
My guess at the inactives this week with Foster back.

Richie James, Shon Coleman, Joshua Garnett, Jullian Taylor, Greg Mabin, D.J. Jones & Jaquiski Tartt.

Is Magnuson healthy enough to be playing? If so, why have Toran over Jones active?

I believe so...Magnuson was cleared to practice this week.

[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 23, 2018 at 8:11 AM ]
NC...I'm going to replace Richie with Goodwin as he is questionable. Would like to see Richie a shot.

That's very likely.

Oops...reverse that! LOL!

That's very likely.

Oops...reverse that! LOL!

Jesus, we just always have the most important players hurt.

Guess:
Marquise Goodwin, Shon Coleman, Joshua Garnett, Jullian Taylor, Greg Mabin, D.J. Jones & Jaquiski Tartt.

Guess:
Marquise Goodwin, Shon Coleman, Joshua Garnett, Jullian Taylor, Greg Mabin, D.J. Jones & Jaquiski Tartt.

Yes, I was hoping Jones would replace Mitchell this year and Garnett would be healthy. Tartt is a huge loss but since the secondary is full of guys who can play his position it's not as bad as the loss of Garnett!

On the positive side--JG is healthy even after taking some hits!

Guess:

Yes, I was hoping Jones would replace Mitchell this year and Garnett would be healthy. Tartt is a huge loss but since the secondary is full of guys who can play his position it's not as bad as the loss of Garnett!

On the positive side--JG is healthy even after taking some hits!

From valrod.

Matt Maiocco‏Verified account @MaioccoNBCS 1m1 minute agoMore
#49ers inactives vs. Chiefs WR Richie James S Jaquiski Tartt CB Greg Mabin G Joshua Garnett G Najee Toran T Shon Coleman DT Jullian Taylor
Sakamoto (Beast writer) will whine and complain about Taylor being inactive.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Matt Maiocco‏Verified account @MaioccoNBCS 1m1 minute agoMore
#49ers inactives vs. Chiefs WR Richie James S Jaquiski Tartt CB Greg Mabin G Joshua Garnett G Najee Toran T Shon Coleman DT Jullian Taylor

Darn it! I really want to see what Pettis and James can do to a defense when playing together. They are both so nimble and quick! Oh well, that must mean Goodwin is good to go so all is right with the world!
Pick your inactives today.

Pick your inactives today.

OT Shon Coleman
OG Najee Toran
SS Antone Exum Jr.
WR Richie James Jr.
DE Jullian Taylor
OG Joshua Garnett
CB Greg Mabin

Not sure if Tartt and/or Colbert are healthy, then if not, then I'd hope James and Taylor are active.

Ooops forgot Garnett lol
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Sep 30, 2018 at 10:54 AM ]
lol I forgot Sherman too.

From Maiocco
S Jaquiski Tartt (shoulder) CB Richard Sherman (calf) G Joshua Garnett (toe) WR Richie James G Najee Toran T Shon Coleman DT Jullian Taylor
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Sep 30, 2018 at 11:57 AM ]
Looking over the roster I think we can get a good look of what we need after 4 games.

1- Pass rush.
Sadly Solomon Thomas will never be the pass rusher we drafted him to be. It looks like we will have to spend yet another high pick on the Dline. It looks like Lynch blew his first draft pick and reached on a player who has no fit and passed on guys who would have filled some big needs and made us better.

2- Cornerback
Akhello Witherspoon has been benched in back to back games. He has not looked good. Jimmy Ward and even Greg Mabin have been better. Sherman has played well but can he stay healthy? This is where Marcus Larttimore would have helped. We desperately need a #1 CB

3- Safety
I like Tartt but he just cannot stay healthy. Colbert has regressed a bit this year and his reckless playing style will lead to injuries. Ward is forced to play CB where he always should have been and we have no depth at either S spot.

4- Receiver
I like Goodwin but he is better suited as a #2 or #3. Taylor has not been the same chain mover this year and Garcon seems done. Bourne looks like he has potential as a nice #2 down the road but we lack a true #1. Someone teams are forced to roll coverage too. With the way the league is going preventing defenses from playing defense I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a WR with our #1 pick next year.
Jimmy G Healthy
Pass Rush
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Looking over the roster I think we can get a good look of what we need after 4 games.

1- Pass rush.
Sadly Solomon Thomas will never be the pass rusher we drafted him to be. It looks like we will have to spend yet another high pick on the Dline. It looks like Lynch blew his first draft pick and reached on a player who has no fit and passed on guys who would have filled some big needs and made us better.

2- Cornerback
Akhello Witherspoon has been benched in back to back games. He has not looked good. Jimmy Ward and even Greg Mabin have been better. Sherman has played well but can he stay healthy? This is where Marcus Larttimore would have helped. We desperately need a #1 CB

3- Safety
I like Tartt but he just cannot stay healthy. Colbert has regressed a bit this year and his reckless playing style will lead to injuries. Ward is forced to play CB where he always should have been and we have no depth at either S spot.

4- Receiver
I like Goodwin but he is better suited as a #2 or #3. Taylor has not been the same chain mover this year and Garcon seems done. Bourne looks like he has potential as a nice #2 down the road but we lack a true #1. Someone teams are forced to roll coverage too. With the way the league is going preventing defenses from playing defense I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a WR with our #1 pick next year.

And a real LT (to either start next year or train under Staley if he can go one more year). We need at least one dominant G. And depth...unless you guys like Gilliam and Coleman. Our OL are ALWAYS injured.

Plus, like you said, same exact needs coming in; blue chip: ZWR, CB, S, ER, T/G
Share 49ersWebzone