49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 641 users in the forums

Ray Ratto needs to retire- he is an old curmudgeon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ray Ratto bought a 100 million dollar donut that went after bad after two years, he still ate it
[ Edited by stunder49 on Feb 9, 2018 at 7:12 PM ]
I actually sort of like Ratto. The curmudgeon bit can get old sometimes. But he is well spoken, and is an eloquent devils advocate type of talking head. Makes for good TV when paired with another sportscaster or two.
Ray Ratto is good for the 49ers, he makes the fan base not get to ahead of ourselves or else we would be more annoying then patriots fans
I dont mind ray fatto, hes harmless
Originally posted by stunder49:
Ray Ratto is good for the 49ers, he makes the fan base not get to ahead of ourselves or else we would be more annoying then patriots fans

yeah he deflates the fan base to a happy medium. He pisses us off yes but he's no cohn.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,898
Originally posted by stunder49:
Ray Ratto is good for the 49ers, he makes the fan base not get to ahead of ourselves or else we would be more annoying then patriots fans

Or eagles fans who are already talking dynasty...after just 1 SB win....
If we win the SB next year we will be talking dynasty too.

And with Jimmy locked up for the long term that would make a lot of sense.
He made his bones off being cynical. He's smart and he's good at it.

Why change now.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,419
Originally posted by stunder49:
Ray Ratto is good for the 49ers, he makes the fan base not get to ahead of ourselves or else we would be more annoying then patriots fans

Ratto takes pessimism to another level though. I'm not trying to hear it all the time.
Ray Ratto is a good voice when things get legit murky -- aka, when the Harbaugh/Kap era started to get some question marks starting in 2013 and esp 2014.

But not after the 2011 NFCC, or 2012 run.


I always laugh when I see Ratto and his white tie in this pic.
Its not Fatso's job to be a cheerleader lol WPP
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
He made his bones off being cynical. He's smart and he's good at it.

Why change now.

This

Don't argue w/success.

BTW, I never listen to him.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I dont mind ray fatto, hes harmless

I actually find him to be rather amusing
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone